World Endurance Championship

GreenGT H2 gets 2013 Le Mans entry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Overnight, the ACO have announced that the Swiss-made GreenGT HS prototype will be given an entry to the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours, replacing the DeltaWing under the Garage 56 regulations for experimental vehicles:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100085

The GreenGT uses a hydrogen fuel cell, and was one of the first entries considered for Garage 56 this year, standing in as a reserve for the DeltaWing. I find its inclusion interesting, given the discussions about sports cars using Formula 1 engines from 2014.

Here is a picture of the GreenGT:

http://www.endurance-info.com/2012_Le_Mans/GreenGT2.jpg

It’s certainly striking, I guess.

matt90
    Participant

What happened to the Deltawing?

Scratch that, I see you mean it takes the experimental spot next year. Ignore me please.

Calum
    Participant

It certainly is striking!
    Nissan/Deltawing will race this year, and Green GT next year.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It’s still a valid question – what will happen to the DeltaWing? It doesn’t fit any regulations outside Garage 56. I think it will be taking part in ALMS, but what it really needs is its own series. Or perhaps Garage 56 could be expanded out to be a series in itself. Perhaps the XLMS, or Experimental Le Mans Series.

matt90
    Participant

I suppose the future of the Deltawing rests on how successful it is this year. If it is really successful, there might be a new series or allowances in existing series for low drag cars of its ilk.

matt90
    Participant

On another note, that Green GT is one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen. A combination of LMP, road car, and several marine creatures.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.