World Endurance Championship

Video: First look at Porsche’s LMP1 racer in action

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

So here’s what Mark Webber will be racing next year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBM788QLsU

Max Jacobson
    Participant

Let’s hope they can take the fight to Audi along with Toyota next year!

Atticus
    Participant

Looks great. Just getting interested in a series perhaps less over-regulated and more pure in terms of racing than F1 is.

Do we know what track was on the video?

Mads
    Participant

Looks good. It would be fun if that was going to be their actual livery.
    It is normal for the teams to launch the car with that camouflage foil wrap? I don’t remember having seen that before.

robk23
    Participant

I think the video was filmed the Porsche test track (forgotten the name). It will be great to see Porsche back in the top class too, the WEC is sounds like it will be very exciting next year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@atticus-2
    I believe it is Porsche’s own test track in Weissach.

Atticus
    Participant

@zantkiller @robk23 Thanks, guys. It looks pretty challenging with all those elevation changes – in the corners, unlike most of those seen on modern tracks like the CotA and the Buddh circuit.

With the moody music and deep voiceover I was expecting a punchline at the end of this one…

matt90
    Participant

People have talked about Porsche not being allowed to be too competitive thanks to being from the same VW Group as Audi. I wonder if we’ll see the same thing as with Bentley, where after letting the Porsche programme develop until they are clearly best of the rest, Audi take a year out, or maybe even hand over the reins completely. Audi didn’t actually compete with their typical factory team from 2003-2005, so maybe they’ll take multiple years out.

I was disappointed by this video- I was really hoping to finally see the car in a real or even plain livery.

hunocsi
    Participant

@matt90 You don’t have to wait much more, they will reveal it tomorrow.

George
    Participant

It’s like Porsche and Toyota are competing to see who can make the worst video

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.