F1 Games

Τhoughts about F1 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    the_sigman
    Participant

In 40 days F1 2012 will be releashed. What do you think about it? Will it be better, worse or the same with last year’s game? Will you buy it?

bag0
    Participant

Will it be better, worse or the same with last year’s game?

About that, Im not sure of. But it would have been great, if they had released it this week, or a week ago. That way everyone could “enjoy” the 6 weeks without F1.

raymondu999
    Participant

I’m sure I like the look of the 2011 cars better :P

sam3110
    Participant

They need to rehaul it and put in a challenge mode or something alongside the Championship.

Add historical tracks and cars, so see if you can Match Senna’s performance in Donington, or try and take Ligier to the Monaco win.

There are so many great tracks and cars that they could add into the game, and the licenses for old seasons must be cheaper now?

Lin1876
    Participant

I’m pretty sure F1 2012 will be better than F1 2011. The big question is whether it will be better to the point where I’m willing to put down £40 for the third year running, and the jury’s still out on that.

Interesting – there’s going to be a demo this time:

http://twitter.com/AndyGray_/statuses/235682855303380992

RagingInferno
    Participant

I would imagine that CM have realised that a lot of people may be hesitant to buy, what with the game looking so similar to last years edition at this stage and this is why they’ve decided to do the demo. I’ll be looking forward to seeing what they’ve changed with the physics model, as there was quite a big change between the 2010 and 2011 titles.

greg253d
    Participant

being that i skipped f1 2011, i’m looking forward to it as an upgrade to f1 2010

Some new in-game footage which reveals a bit more about the Champions mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6siuwGA0QTs

Mads
    Participant

One of the things I want more then anything else is more setup settings.
    Similar to the spreadsheet of settings we saw in the F1 2006 CE.
    It would be good if there was, like now, an easy setup feature where you can choose from a set of presets, but give the option to other players to change a lot more things on the car to get it, just right.
    I think that is something that all CM games lack. I was also genuinely disappointed with Dirt 2 because the setup feature was so basic compared to the one in the previous game.

robk23
    Participant

I would try the demo if I had Xbox Live, I’ll see what other people have to say about before I decide to purchase. I will wait until after Christmas to get this game at a better price if I still want it then.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I like the sound of “Champions Mode”, but I’m concerned that it is going to be under-developed. One of the things that I really liked about F1 2011 was the challenge mode, where you were given a pre-determined car to drive around a pre-determined circuit to try and beat a pre-determined laptime – but there were only half a dozen of these challenges, when the selection of twelve cars and nineteen circuits gave thousands of potential combinations. Codemasters really could have put a lot more effort into this, so I’m worried that “Champions Mode” is going to go the same way with a limited gameplay mode that only explores a bit of its potential.

And would it have killed them to get the drivers to do a bit of voicework when you accept the challenge? Right now, it’s just Kimi Raikkonen glowering at you. Maybe the licence with FOM limits it – Codemasters apparently have to use the helmets for F1 Race Stars instead of showing the drivers’ faces during the game. Perhaps the same applies here, though if FOM have any sense, they’ll let Codemasters go for it next time. Anything that makes the game more accessible to the player can only be a good thing. It’s a bit like David Croft referring to the player as “[Raikkonen’s] team-mate in the second Lotus” rather than by name, which strikes me as a bit odd because in the past they have programmed the game and recorded dialogue that allowed the in-game commentators to refer to the player by name.

Paul
    Participant

It’s a bit like David Croft referring to the player as “[Raikkonen’s] team-mate in the second Lotus” rather than by name, which strikes me as a bit odd because in the past they have programmed the game and recorded dialogue that allowed the in-game commentators to refer to the player by name.

The reason Croft says “teammate” rather than mention grosjeans name is because the player playing the game was kimis teammate and not grosjean, and the player wasnt playing as grosjean either.
    Its like in career mode when youre playing as yourself, youre never mentioned as the real driver youre replacing. Look at the positions in the top left corner you see “13. Perez, 14. FIVE, 15. Ricciardo”
    Hes not Grosjean so why would croft mention him as Grosjean?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@briggerz

Hes not Grosjean so why would croft mention him as Grosjean?

I’m afraid you’ve completely missed my point. When I said I was disappointed that I was disappointed that Croft referred to the player as “[Raikkonen’s] team-mate in the second Lotus” rather than by name, I meant that I was disappointed hat Croft referred to the player as “[Raikkonen’s] team-mate in the second Lotus” rather than by the player’s name.

I don’t know if you’ve ever played it before, but when you start a new game in Dirt 3, the game asks you for your name and allows you to set things up so that the commentators in the game will refer to you by name. There is a limited selection, but they cover most of the common names. Codemasters programmed it so that all the names were recorded, and they could be seamlessly inserted into the dialogue depending on the nme the palyer chose. I don’t see why they couldn’t do the same here so that instead of saying “And here is Kimi’s team-mate in the second Lotus”, the commentary would say “And here is Kimi’s team-mate Paul in the second Lotus”.

It’s personalising the game, making it more accessible to the player, and that can only be a good thing.

Paul
    Participant

Ah i get you now. sorry, i agree with you there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.