F1 Games

2012 F1F Formula Two PS3 World Championship

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Okay, once again there are only 2 people here…if you guys weren’t committed, then you should have said. It’s getting a bit annoying now -_-

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Well, me and @Formula-1 decided to go ahead with the race, and whether we get points, I don’t really care, especially because there doesn’t seem to be that much interest.

Quali was wet, and I got pole with a 1:28.321, 2.7 seconds faster than Soza.

The race was nice and sunny. I got a good clean start, pulled away from Sozavele and continued my race from there. I pitted at the end of lap 6 and put primes on, as well as some music to cure my boredom. So I spent most of the middle stint half-dancing, and still setting some decent, consistent laps, whilst saving fuel.

I pitted again at the end of lap 16 to fit options, and at this point was about 55 seconds ahead of Soza. I came out, turned the fuel mix up and went for some quali laps. I set a couple of fastest laps in this time, but nothing special. I think I eventually caught Soza at the end of lap 21, and he graciously let me pass him on the straight and then we went our separate ways, and I finished the race in 33 minutes and 17 seconds, which again isn’t my fastest time, nor was the 1:22.823 that I set in my last stint.

All in all, it was a bit of a boring race (Apart from my dancing-filled second stint) and we definitely need more competition here, otherwise this will soon fade out.

EDIT: Oh, and no penalties for either of us either. I think I only got 2 warnings during the race (which were during my second stint, as my focus had dwindled somewhat).

sozavele
    Participant

NO point me doing a review, just the same as @jamiefranklinf1 I was really disappointed though because I would have had my first pole, it was my last timed lap and I had found 2 seconds over Jamie but just my luck for the fuel to run out leaving me second, but still not bad, front row, but I knew Jamie was going to win.
    When we getter a bigger turnout hopefully next race and in the future if you can’t attend Jamie, I don’t mind hosting.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Formula-1 – Wow, really? 2 seconds is pretty awesome. I thought you had made a mistake, because when I spectated, you just pulled into the pits at the end of the lap.

The funny thing is that Gareth is online now. Not like he’s nearly 2 hours late or anything -_-

moussa

I hate it when ppl sign up and dont make it! What’s the point?

sozavele
    Participant

I pulled into the pits because I ran out of fuel and my time would have been worse, I was half way through sector 2 and I then ran out of fuel and was slugging along, got to sector 3 and was a second off the pace, really annoying.

sozavele
    Participant

So can we tempt @magnificent-geoffrey into racing with us as there is no #collantinecup on, I’m sure if he could race he would be a great addition. :)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

No we can’t, I’ve asked, he’s busy :L

sozavele
    Participant

If we cant have Magnificent Geoffrey
    How about asking @jonnyw360f1 or @damonsmedley as there is no CC at the moment

damonsmedley
    Participant

@formula-1 I’d really love to, but I can’t afford to make any commitments at this stage. The fact I haven’t played F1 2011 since the last Collantine Cup race says it all!

sozavele
    Participant

Well I’m not great but your competition would be great for us, at the moment we have two or three racers and any would be better than none, I really hope you can come.

sozavele
    Participant

Come on @damonsmedley it will be great, you will keep us all on our toes and it is not an everyweek race so there is no wory in commitment as there are always breaks, it stretches through the entire calendar period and shall never interfere with the Collantine Cup.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@formula-1 Can I get back to you on that? I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming races, but right now, I can’t really commit to anything and I don’t want to let you guys down.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@damonsmedley – I just want to put people on the entry list so that we can have people ready. We will inform you prior to any races that a race is coming up, if you can’t make it, just say, it doesn’t worry me, it’s your Championship challenge ;) haha

Alfie
    Participant

Hello there. I’d quite like to join this please..my PSN is trivran..but I’d like some more info on the Championship. I have read the wiki page and I’d be available on Saturdays for the races.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.