F1 Games

2012/13 F1F Formula One PS3 Winter World Championship (Season 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 937 total)
  • Author
    ahmed
    Participant

I am mate. It’s pointless fighting a losing battle. We should of had a restart when I got disconnected simple.
    Plus I was on the mic saying second lap restart cause some person at the back had a penalty for no reason but Bradley decided to ignore me take the hit me along the strait about 5 times then oli hit me on turn one then they started driving off.
    It’s not fair racing here and I don’t like it, I race in other much better run championships and I was looking for a new challenge that’s why I joined, but now I don’t see the point anymore, some guys here are amazing drivers and really good to race and others are plain stupid will leave it at that.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@afroholic We could not hear you. And if you look at my vid i never touched you

Oli Peacock
    Participant
    ahmed
    Participant

Just looked at your vid, it shows that u didn’t but I promis u did. Any ways what’s done is done. Am still gonna leave regardless

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Afroholic – I’m sorry that you got disconnected, but actually, the rules are clearly stated as this:

If there is a mass disconnection (a third or more of the field) before 75% distance, the race can be restarted as though there was a red flag. We will start another race in a new lobby (with the distance set to roughly how long the race had left to run), and on Lap 1, we all get ourselves into the race order at the red flag point, with the leader acting as the Safety Car – so going at a slow pace. Then, on Lap 2, we continue racing. If anyone can’t make it (time-wise or is having trouble connecting), then the race will be ended and points awarded for however far the race has progressed, ie, half points for under 75%, full points for over. If anyone fails to comply to getting into the correct order, they will disqualified and given a race ban.

The exception is qualifying, in which we allow a restart in order for people to re-join. Also, to blame Bradley is simply absurd. You braking before the start/finish line wasn’t exactly fair to us. Especially myself, who was taken out by Oli as a result. There will always be lag, and as the video shows, it was nothing to do with him, it was lag. The same as with myself and Bradley.

Also, I never remember seeing anything about a second lap restart, nor was it ever a rule.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Looking at that it looks like when they were about to start the race and jamie got wiped out, it looks like afro tried to take out bradley for trying to overtake

Asanator
    Participant

Qualified – 6th primes

Race was a disatster, I got 3 penalties for obstructing on the restart lap which I am sure you all heard me bitching about at the time, assumed that it would mean a drive through and asked for a second restart lap so that I could serve it before the race started, turns out it wasn’t a drive through and ended up doing a full pit stop, the leaders didn’t seem interested in a second formation lap and shot off to the surprise of the rest of us! Managed to catch up the field when the safety car came out so it wasn’t too bad ultimately. The last lap, I allowed Oli through to lap me to save having to do the last one on badly worn tyres and lifted off to let Oli do his celebratory weaving and then after I stopped after crossing the line, Abbmacher and Bradley passed me (Bradley smashing my wing off in the process). For some reason the game forced me to continue for the final lap. I therefore am expecting to have my 4th place re-instated. If you are in any doubt, check the end of Oli’s video, you can see my dot sat behind him at the end while he is weaving around to cross the line. Abbmacher will confirm this as he was forced on too I believe (I guess Bradley was too).

Ultimately it was a shocker, poor racecraft/sportsmanship by many which I haven’t seen on here for a while.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Quali – 2nd
    Wasn’t expecting much from Qualifying so set out on the Prime tyres. My first lap was fairly decent putting me fourth, although I eventually slipped to sixth. I ran two more times but fluffed them both up and just had time for one more run on my last set of fresh Primes. I went out and while the lap wasn’t mega quick it was very smooth and clean and put me in a shocking second place.

Race – 6th
    Obviously we all know what happened with the first start, and the reason we restarted was to give those who disconnected in Qualifying a second chance, seeing as their is a break between Qualifying and the Race anyway. As the rules state, we begin racing on lap 2. I couldn’t hear anything from the mics, it was all muffled and quiet, and so we follow the rules and begin racing on lap 2. @afroholic – I can see what you were doing now, but it’s not your decision to make. When you have a field’s worth of people behind you who are expecting to go racing, you can’t just start to go and then stop and back off again, it causes chaos. You can’t just keep driving slowly either as we were all expecting to go. We shall clarify this rule more-so for the main season but you can’t just make your own up. Also, we didn’t restart when you got disconnected or quit or whatever because it was just you and we’d already started the race. To say it was because I was leading is completely out of order. I run this Championship for the enjoyment of all competitors, and while I want to win as much as the next guy, I will not cheat to do it. To be completely honest, I only want people in this Championship who trust me to run it properly, and if you don’t, I don’t want you here. At the first start I ran alongside Afro and he then turned across on me, thankfully I got away with this. I managed to hold the lead (albeit with some REALLY aggressive defending over @olliekart, sorry buddy, but I wanted that :P haha) until he threw a fantastic move down the inside into the hairpin, tapping me slightly wide with his rear wheels as I tried to turn in. I sat behind and launched up the inside into turn 1, returning the slight tap to retake the lead! :P haha. We then had the safety car and on the restart it all went totally wrong, I got wiped out by my teammate @JamieFranklinF1.. -.- I know he wouldn’t do this maliciously, however, as the rules state, it warrants a penalty. Unfortunately I didn’t catch the results and so can’t see how much a time penalty would affect, so it’ll have to be a Qualifying ban as nothing much really matters anyway, this again, will be more refined for the main Championship. I then dropped to the back and kind of drove appallingly. I don’t remember what happened but I remember seeing the incident that took @david-a out. Unfortunately I didn’t see who it was, but I remember being behind your group and suddenly seeing you fly into the wall :/
    I then remember the incident with @Asanator, however I apologise if it appears I took you out, it wasn’t like that on mine. I was trying to pass you on the main straight as I had a lot more speed out of the final corner but you kept pulling across and eventually I couldn’t move anymore and we collided, which turned you around. I’m sorry dude, I didn’t mean it but I think, if this was what happened to you as well, it was more of a racing incident :/
    I’m also sure I had a few incidents with @abboracing which I apologise for.

Really, the whole race was a shambles, and hopefully I will be around more to run the main season and keep it a bit more in check. I would like to thank @JamieFranklinF1 for all the work he has put in to keep this going however I know he is reluctant to make decisions for fear I won’t like them! :P haha. But I shall start up the new in-season Championship soon and hope to see a full grid.

EDIT: By the way @Asanator, I thought it was stupid as well that we had to do another lap, although it helped me to 4th ;) haha, but you’re right, we shall count back and you will get fourth :)

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@bradley13 No worries, although you re-pass was a bit of a piss-take :P (Im taking you have seen my video) I also have the race results in my video so give @jamiefrankinf1 a penalty by all means :P (still doesnt delay his champoionship victory :P)

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@bradley13 No worries, although you re-pass was a bit of a piss-take :P (Im taking you have seen my video) I also have the race results in my video so give @jamiefrankinf1 a penalty by all means :P (still doesnt delay his champoionship victory :P)

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I’m not going to dispute being given a qualifying ban, but I will show the evidence I have of the incidents I witnessed during the race. After watching it again, I feel that it would be a bit harsh to give me a ban, as it was at least both of our faults, as we were almost side by side, and were it not for the lag bubble, then nothing would have happened. I braked as much as I could, but unfortunately it was not enough. The video also shows me doing the same move on @Raginginferno, which we both succeeded in getting through cleanly.
    Still, whatever you feel is just.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Wait hang on… It says in the rules:
    “Race incidents will be looked at by series organisers Bradley Downton and Jamie Franklin. In the event that one of them is involved in the incident, the other will make the decision.”
    So if you were both involved in the incident, who makes the decision? @bradley13 @jamiefranklinf1

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@sirspuddington The level headed @ed24f1 :P

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Ooh that remind me, congratulations @olliekart good win, my DoD goes to you after showing good pace, then fighting back after your crash to take a dominant win

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Thanks Harry :)

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 937 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.