F1 Games

F1F Xbox 360 World Championship – Season 3 Completed

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 432 total)
  • Author
    MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @kvothe @mrgrieves, @McWoblin, @powderfinger, @strunk27 @ms20 @Sparky2315 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @dazza1782 @mat-k @i300rn-5urv1v0r @roblo97 @zsmokey

I’ve updated the final championship standings. Dropped scores have been taken into account. The link is below:

http://f1fanatic.wikia.com/wiki/F1F_Xbox_360_World_Championship_-_Season_3

Lemon takes advantage of the dropped score rule.

If there are any errors, let me know and I can amend :-)

Wow! Cant believe we’ve completed 20 races already! What a season we’ve had too!

Congratulations to our triple World Champion – @lemon . He again showed he is the class of the field!

Also a big thank you to everyone who took part in this incredible season . The racing has never been better and it’s been great fun. Hopefully we can top that next season.

We will have a break and return with season 4 in around four weeks time. I’ll create the draft calendar and let you guys know the dates.

End Of Season Awards

Below are awards for certain aspects of the season. Please copy and paste the text below, including your vote. Remember even if you think you haven’t seen enough to vote -have a look through the videos that have been posted on this forum. If you can’t be bothered to do that.. Just do it by memory – this is your personal reflection on this season.

I also have a few feedback questions for you to answer! I would like your thoughts on what you have liked about this championship and what you think could be improved e.g. Race length, rules, the day we race, number of dropped races, length of championship, anything to do with the organisation of the championship etc. I’ll take your thoughts on board for next season so positive and negative comments please!

Ok so if you could copy and paste the chunk of text of text below and add your responses that would be great.

———–

Awards

Driver of the season –
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) –
    Race of the Season-
    Best newcomer –
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) –
    Gentleman of the season-
    Most defining Moment of the Championship –
    Most controversial moment –
    Most exciting start –
    Most exciting Qualifying –
    Crash of the Season –
    Team partnership of the season –
    Best Strategic call of the season –
    Worst strategic blunder of the season –
    Funniest moment –
    Radio (headset) message of the season –
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) –
    Most improved driver From last season –
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) –
    Quote of the season –
    Favourite sprint race of the season –

For those who have completed more than one season..

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?-
    What have been your 3 all time favourite races, 1 being best, 2 second best etc. (please state which season that race was held) –

Personal questions

Biggest rival –
    Any Personal milestones –
    How you can improve next season –
    Overall Personal highlight –

Next season

What did you like about this season?
    What could be improved?
    Would you be interested in another championship?

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April?

Lt Alfred
    Participant

Driver of the season – @Lemon
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) – @mrgrieves on @maddogmolloy lap 10 Bahrain
    Race of the Season – Brazil, there wasn’t really any point of the race I wasn’t fighting with someone
    Best newcomer – @dazzaarcher
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) – @Lemon at Canada
    Gentleman of the season – @johnny705 he’s been the victim of a few unfair first corner incidents but hasn’t rage quit or moaned about it like we’ve seen from past members of the league :P
    Most defining Moment of the Championship – Qualifying in Brazil, fantastically close between the first 5 drivers
    Most controversial moment – not been many, probably either @cscottyf195 and @maddogmolloy at Malaysia or @cscottyf195 and @mrgrieves in Bahrain
    Most exciting start – Canada
    Most exciting Qualifying – Brazil
    Crash of the Season – Multiple car pile up at Canada
    Team partnership of the season – Red Bull
    Best Strategic call of the season – @dazzaarcher and @mrgrieves going with the primes at India, unlucky not to work out for y2j, but dazza made the most of the long lasting tyres
    Worst strategic blunder of the season – Any number of wet tyre choice throughout the season, I know I made one at the US and Malaysia and @maddogmolloy made one at Canada, I’m sure there were more
    Funniest moment – Sprints gave loads of funny moments, the confusion at Monaco last week was particularly good fun though
    Radio (headset) message of the season – …
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) – @mrgrieves i would put @maddogmolloy but he just plain got disqualified a lot :P
    Most improved driver From last season – close between @ms20 and @Powderfinger, think i’ll have to go with mark
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) – @johnny705
    Quote of the season – …
    Favourite sprint race of the season – Germany last week

What has been the most enjoyable season and why? – Season 1, compared to season 2 which I wasn’t in much and season 3 where I was kind of adrift in terms of pace, its the only season that I knew I’d have a couple of drivers that I’d definately be fighting with at some point
    What have been your 3 all time favourite races, 1 being best, 2 second best etc. (please state which season that race was held) –
    1. Canada (S1)
    2.Brazil (S1)
    3. Abu Dhabi (S3)

Personal questions

Biggest rival – Didn’t really have one this season, either @ms20 or @maddogmolloy
    Any Personal milestones – getting a couple of wins this season, good improvement over season 2
    How you can improve next season – catch up with the top 4 drivers, think i’ve improved towards the end of this season, hopefully I can carry it on
    Overall Personal highlight – Monza/Hockenheim fight with @ms20 and @maddogmolloy during the sprints

Next season

What did you like about this season? more competitive yet less incidents than last season
    What could be improved? more numbers/putting some emphasis on the final race of the season, maybe double points? or making it 75%/100%?
    Would you be interested in another championship? yes

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April? 15th 22nd 29th

Jonathan
    Participant

Driver of the season
    Herbie (Herbert Lemon). No contest really. A mammoth 12 wins out of a possible 17. He won over 70% of the races he competed in.

Pass of the Season
    Can’t recall too many, but Herbie did a pretty decent move on a Sauber I think at the chicane in Hungary early on. Good old classic lunge with little room for error.

Race of the Season
    Tricky one. I returned from my sabbatical for a chaotic German Grand Prix in the soaking wet, winning a race that my dry form suggested I didn’t deserve to win.

In Hungary the following week, both Lemon and I were taken out at the first corner (well, I was taken out by Herbie but still lol), and worked hard to recover back through the field. Lemon somehow managed to win, whilst I walled it halfway through and lucked into a podium position.

Belgium was mad. Dry start, rain, more rain, dry again. The conditions tested even the best tacticians. Us McLarens appeared to have the 1-2 in the bag, but I made the wrong call on tyres and Herbie made the mistake of listening to me – effectively making the job a lot more difficult.

And Brazil was a fine way to end the season, with a cracking one-stop vs two-stop battle.

But for me the best was the season opener in Melbourne, back when the game didn’t know what ‘dry’ was. A full 100% chance of rain in the race led to uncontrollable chaos at corners one and three, the latter the scene of my first of numerous opening-lap incidents. Amongst several battles for positions up and down the field, I made my way back from second or third last to second behind a dominant Lemon. It was great fun.

Best newcomer
    I don’t know which people were newcomers this season lol.

Best Race drive of the season
    Herbie in Hungary.

Gentleman of the season
    Haven’t a clue. Although @ljkobrien I will add I was absolutely fuming after Korea lol.

Most defining Moment of the Championship
    As far as the lead of the standings is concerned, probably when I missed five races after Bahrain. Not that I would have beaten Herbie or anything, but the gap would have been considerably smaller and he would have been kept honest right up until probably Texas or something.

Most controversial moment
    I don’t know the facts, but poor Kevin was comfortably leading at Monza before Herbie reckons he may have hit him and cost him his lead on the last lap. To make matters worse, he slowed so much that I got him for second at the last corner.

Most exciting start
    Australia was crazy. China was a mess. Hungary ripped up the form book (temporarily). USA gets my vote though. No-one knew where to brake for the first turn, and that proved costly for some and beneficial for others. Shame I wasn’t there for Monaco.

Most exciting Qualifying
    China’s qualifying was the first time I was really able to pressure Herbie into absolutely nailing it. I’d initially got pole from him and admittedly had started celebrating once the flag had dropped. Sadly, I never bothered to spectate Herbie as he hit apex after apex, and beat me by mere thousandths. He was rewarded with a nice message from me, starting with c and ending in t. And it wasn’t ‘congratulations Herbert’.

Crash of the Season
    Any time we ever did Canada in the sprint races. Last corner.

Team partnership of the season
    Well McLaren may have won but for me Force India were a decent duo. Me and Herbie probably spent too long competing against each other Hamilton-Button style than working with each other lol.

Best Strategic call of the season
    I remember @ms20 often skipping qualifying and starting on primes to avoid making an additional stop in anticipation of the inevitable rain. I regularly remember him jumping up to something crazy like fourth in one corner.

Worst strategic blunder of the season
    The McLaren mess at Belgium. A few clever folks quickly realised that the options might just last long enough until the delayed rain finally arrived, but as it started raining with like six laps to go, I suddenly chickened out and went on the primes. One lap later I needed to stop again for inters.

Funniest moment
    I remember a sprint race at Brazil where I executed ‘the jump’ (turn six) right in front of a bunch of people. Scared a few of you then lol.

I properly laughed as I propelled Mark’s Merc into the air as he entered the pits in Texas. He turned in too late and his car respawned, but seconds later I did likewise and respawned underneath him. I know the CotA is a very up and down circuit, but I don’t think he expected that one.

Radio (headset) message of the season
    ‘Herbie is faster. Than. You. Can you confirm you understood that message?’

The Pastor Maldonaldo award
    He’s normally a shrewd driver when it comes to avoiding penalties, but the sight of Herbie collecting a 70 second penalty in Abu Dhabi was a sight to behold.

Most improved driver From last season
    Mark/Kevin

The romain grosjean award
    Me. Although I was normally on the wrong end of incidents, not causing them lol.

Quote of the season
    Pitcock.

Favourite sprint race of the season
    Anything associated with Monaco. Monday’s was a particular favourite of mine.

PERSONAL QUESTIONS

Biggest rival
    Herbie without a doubt.

Any Personal milestones
    I don’t normally miss more than one race in any season ever. So six is a personal record.

How you can improve next season
    That common method called practice. Starting before 7:30pm on a Monday would be a good idea.

Overall Personal highlight
    Winning.

NEXT SEASON

Nice, long season.

What could be improved?
    I think one or two weeks off every third of the way through would be nice. Just for a refresher. Even if we do a sprint championship on that day instead, turning up for lolz only on some weeks would be great.

Absolutely.

My life is so eventful at the minute that I can do any day, any week, any time. It’s that busy. I’ll try and fit it in when I can! lol

Can I make one quick request for next season? Grand Theft Auto V comes out on Sept 17th. I will not be touching any other game for a good two or three weeks once it is released. Any chance we could avoid ending the season after that date? I would hate to miss out. Obviously it’s not priority, but if it doesn’t spoil anyone else’s schedules for the season then it would be great. I’m assuming F1 2013 will be out later that week anyway, so if you want it done before that’s released then Brazil would need to happen before 17/9 regardless.

Also, Alfred mentioned longer races on occasion. I think that’s genious. I’ve done 100% races at Monaco and they are so mentally demanding, but they feel like such an incredible event. Maybe for some of the major races on the calendar (Monaco, Spa, Abu Dhabi [just to see the sun set slowly lol]), perhaps a longer race (or double points even) would be an idea.

Cheers for a great season!

ms20
    Participant

Awards

Driver of the season
    Lemon – No-one else was as consistent or fast.

Pass of the Season
    In Brazil on the last lap Kevin’s pass on me after my slight mistake felt like a mirror of Vettel/Button in Canada 2011.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pE3p2n6h8g#t=6m20s

Race of the Season
    Brazil for the constant action and different strategies.

Best newcomer
    Jonny – Would have easily been second/third if he hadn’t missed five races in a row.

Best race drive of the season
    I remember Jonny going off at the very beginning in Bahrain and managing to get up to second by the end.

Gentleman of the season
    I think everyone was fair throughout the season. I’ll give this to Lemon for stopping when he nudged Kevin off in Abu Dhabi while fighting for 2nd and possibly the lead later on in the race.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLshvQZf2Ng#t=1m34s
    The first corner in Korea. Maddog’s incident just about let me into 2nd place ahead of Kevin and Jonny which might have been the difference between 3rd and 4th for me in the championship.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLYqFXrA3_E#t=0m10s
    No idea.

Most exciting start
    I had several starts from the back of the grid where I managed to get back up to the front very quickly. I think in Canada the first time I tried this I started next to Kevin at the back and we were both up at the front within a couple of corners.

Most exciting Qualifying
    Brazil. Monaco was also exciting for me as I was last over the line and was up on Lemon in the first sector but then I screwed up on the corner before the tunnel.

Crash of the Season
    The Austin pit lane glitch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzf3JADKGDw#t=3m35s
    The Force Indias both had some wins and were both consistent.

Me in Japan. I was so far off the dry pace I thought I would finish way down the field but I managed to get the tyres I started on to last up to the first pit stop for inters which let me finish in 2nd.

I think a lot of people had trouble at some time pitting a lap too early or late in the rain. In Valencia I lost about a minute from pitting too early on to dry tyres.

Funniest moment
    The start at Austin. In the twisty section the road ahead was covered in cars but they all took each other off and I just went straight past.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzf3JADKGDw#t=0m22s
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties)
    Lemon just for Abu Dhabi.

Kevin. He scored about 10x more points than in season 2.

The Romain Grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash)
    Jonny

Germany last week.

For those who have completed more than one season…

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?
    This one since I made all of the races and for the length of the season.

What have been your 3 all time favourite races?

1. Brazil, season 3 – A very exciting and busy race.
    2. India, season 2 – unexpected 2nd place with the tyres just about making it.
    3. Monaco, season 3 – I found Monaco more difficult this year and maintaining a decent average pace while trying not to crash was also very hard. Finishing 2nd and being the only car which wasn’t lapped was a decent reward.

Personal questions

Biggest rival
    I seemed to end up fighting with Kevin many times in the full races and in the sprints.

Any Personal milestones
    Starting every race. Finishing Monaco without a major crash.

A win would be great. I think my aim before the season was to be more consistent which I think I did but for next season I’ll have to maintain a faster pace during the race to get a win. Also put some effort into setups instead of copying ones from the internet.

2nd in Monaco.

Next season

Races at every track in the calender.

What could be improved?
    I only started videoing my races recently but it would be great to see other peoples highlights.

Yes

Sprint Race Championship

All of them should be fine.

Lt Alfred
    Participant

@roblo97 don’t be so hard on yourself mate, get on multiplayer during the break and get some experience, you’ve shown you know what you’re doing with that sprint 3rd :)

Power
    Participant

@MadDogMolloy Ya no problem, me GT is Power l 7 l, the l is a L by the way invite me when ye are racing :)

mrgrieves
    Participant

Awards

Driver of the season – @Lemon. Champion by a mile again
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) – Cant remeber who it was but at the end of the British race i passed someone on the outside of the 1st corner then held the lead against DRS on the straight
    Race of the Season- Silverstone
    Best newcomer – @Jonny
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) – @jonny regularly coming through the field from a 1st corner disaster
    Gentleman of the season-
    Most defining Moment of the Championship – @Powderfinger getting back on form
    Most controversial moment – codemasters still buggy as hell
    Most exciting start – Starts were a disaster this year. FAR to many 1st lap incidents
    Most exciting Qualifying – Brazil. top 6 were so close
    Crash of the Season –
    Team partnership of the season – Force India’s. Both finding there form from season 1 to win races
    Best Strategic call of the season – @Dazzarcher at Valencia. pitting at the perfect moment each time
    Worst strategic blunder of the season – ME! In Austrailia, Germany, Valencia, Japan, USA and anywhere else it rained
    Funniest moment – Monaco in reverse or reversing around Monaco or whatever was supposed to go down
    Radio (headset) message of the season – Isnt @Ltalred writing a book on his verbals for the season?
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) – Myself. At least 5 times this season and having missed 2 races and hardly races in another 2 thats almost half the races. Ouch
    Most improved driver From last season – @ms20 – As i predicted. Great to see him with a good connection do a full season
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) – @jonny has won although again i had at least 5 or 6 myself which along with rain are the 2 biggest downfalls on the past season
    Quote of the season – @Ltalfred cutting butter
    Favourite sprint race of the season – FAR too many to choose from

What has been the most enjoyable season and why? – Season 2 – Personally my best performance through a season and being in the 4 way battle for 2nd in the championship.

1.- Turkey S2
    2.- Japan S2
    3.- Brazil S3

Personal questions

Biggest rival – @maddog as always and @dazzaarcher
    Any Personal milestones – Record number of spins during a season
    How you can improve next season – Really have a lot of work to do for Season 4. most drivers seemed to have kicked on from the start of the season while my pace hasnt improved.
    Overall Personal highlight – Battling a personal friend as team mate

Next season

What did you like about this season? Battle in the midfield got bigger and more competative and when were on form we have a shot at a podium
    What could be improved? – Turn of rain. Ruins races
    Would you be interested in another championship? – Yes

Sprint Race Championship

Not the 8th “Manchester Derby” nothing planned the weeks after that atm

I’d like to Echo @Jonny‘s statement about GTA5. I Too will be endling life as we know it for that game coming out like im sure others will so it would be handy for the season to end before that rather than potentially having several people miss the final important races.

Dropped points have worked brilliantly well done for whoever came out with that idea.

Again like @jonny suggested spicing up next season with some 100% races. I’ve never done one myself but feel the challenge on a one off race would be quite special and would love to hear what the rest of you guys think. My idea would be to vote for how many 100% races 1/2 or 3 and then do a vote for which track with everyone picking there track of choice and the top * tracks are chosen as the ones we do a 100% for. Not such a fan of double points as i wouldnt like it myself if a track was chosen for double points that i couldnt manage to do or was usless but not sure how the winner and points scorers can be rewarded

infernojim
    Participant

Awards

Driver of the season – Gonna go a bit controversial here and say @powderfinger. Great come back after missing much of season 2 after the controversial Chinese GP, and came back stronger than ever. @lemon was awesome as usual, but I think Kev deserves his props.
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) – can’t think of any.
    Race of the Season- I enjoyed Bahrain, as it was a race where I actually showed some glimpses of my “season 2” form.
    Best newcomer – @jonny705. Seriously quick.
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) – There was a race where my team mate @strunk27 came from nowhere to 4th or 5th. Great recovery.
    Gentleman of the season – @jonny705 was always fair when lapping me! :-(
    Most defining Moment of the Championship – @jonny705 mid-season hiatus. My end of season absence!
    Most controversial moment – Can’t remember any.
    Most exciting start – Canada was pretty exciting I believe.
    Most exciting Qualifying – Brazil was really close, a couple of tenths.
    Crash of the Season – Dunno
    Team partnership of the season – Force India
    Best Strategic call of the season – Dunno
    Worst strategic blunder of the season – Can’t remember any.
    Funniest moment – Nope.
    Radio (headset) message of the season – Something from @jlkobrien
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) – @lemon got a few in one race so I hear!
    Most improved driver From last season – @ms20
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) – @jonny705.
    Quote of the season – unsure, something from @ljkobrien, but I can’t ever hear him! :-)
    Favourite sprint race of the season – A few great ones, but can’t remember exactly.

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?- Season 2 – I got podiums and was genuinely decent. Not so in season 1 or 3.
    1. Canada (Season 2) – recovered from first corner incident with snake and got 3rd pitting one less time than everyone else.
    2. India (Season 2) – front row start, ended up 3rd.
    3. Monaco (Season 2) – 2nd place at monaco – mental!!

Personal questions

Biggest rival – didn’t have one this season, due to poor attendance, and form.
    Any Personal milestones – going backwards dramatically from S2?!!
    How you can improve next season – practice more, attend more races, try to re-join @mrgrieves and @maddogmolloy in the mid-field battle.
    Overall Personal highlight – 6th at Silverstone, surprisingly decent pace that weekend.

Next season

What did you like about this season? All the races in one season!
    What could be improved? I think there needs to be 5 dropped scores, and would like to see a 1-week gap each month. E.g. 3 races on, 1 week off or something (like @jonny705‘s comment)
    Would you be interested in another championship? Yes, will be redoubling my efforts to get back on the pace.

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April? 8th, 22nd and 29th. Will be in France on 15th.

MASSIVE PROPS FOR @maddogmolloy for his excellent chairmanship of this championship. There’s no need to replace him with a supermarket boss…… yet…..

Darren Archer
    Participant

Awards

Driver of the season – Lemon
    Pass of the Season (your personal favourite if you can’t think of any others) – Can’t think
    Race of the Season- India (from a personal point of view)
    Best newcomer – Jonny
    Best Race drive of the season (eg from last to 1st..) – Can’t really remember any apart from me being last to come 3rd in Valencia
    Gentleman of the season- Too hard to call
    Most defining Moment of the Championship – When Lemon mathematically won it………
    Most controversial moment – @mrgrieves and Lemon’s ridiculous amount of penalties in Abu Dhabi
    Most exciting start – Probably Canada
    Most exciting Qualifying – Think it was Brazil when the top 4 were separated by 0.2 seconds
    Crash of the Season – not sure
    Team partnership of the season –
    Best Strategic call of the season –
    Worst strategic blunder of the season – @mrgrieves starting on wets at Melbourne and ruining his own race from it
    Funniest moment – Watching my team mate run out of fuel at the last corner in Brazil when we were side by side battling
    Radio (headset) message of the season – finding out my pit team were giving me different messages form my team mate
    The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties) – Lemon at Abu Dhabi
    Most improved driver From last season – wasnt here last season
    The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash) – @maddogmolloy
    Quote of the season – Pitcock
    Favourite sprint race of the season – the reverse Monaco is definitely one of the more humourous ones, but Melbourne personally near the end of the season which i won and got fastest lap

Personal questions

Biggest rival – @mrgrieves or strunk
    Any Personal milestones – Finish ahead of my teammate next season
    How you can improve next season – be faster and more consistent
    Overall Personal highlight – finishing 3rd at Valencia and India

Next season

What did you like about this season? battles between everyone, competitive and mostly fair
    What could be improved? probably 5 dropped scores, other than that can’t think of anything
    Would you be interested in another championship? Definitely, wish i was in it earlier!!

Sprint Race Championship

Which Mondays are you available for a sprint race championship in April? Any

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

Driver of the season
    @lemon – the class of the field again!

Pass of the Season
    @mrgrieves (y2j) on me in Bahrain (lap 10 I think?)

Race of the Season

It was really hard to choose this one. The best races this season in my opinion were:
    Hungary – me @lemon and @ms20 all battling for the lead! @ms20 should have won this race.
    Silverstone- the most tense, on the limit race I’ve ever had. Great fighting for the podium with @mrgrieves (y2j) and @ms20
    Australia – the most chaotic race I’ve ever been in!
    However my vote goes to…
    Valencia – it had it all! First corner pile up? check. Amazing wheel-to-wheel racing? check. Rain shower? check. Various tyre strategies? check. Exciting battle for the lead? check. The winner nearly putting it into the wall on the home straight? Check. I could go on and on….

Best newcomer @jonny705

Best Race drive of the season
    @jonny705 in Germany to win the race.

Gentleman of the season
    everyone! However special mention to @zsmokey – always in the thick of the action but clean and fair.

@jonny705 breaking @lemon winning streak in China.

any where it rained?

Most exciting start
    Australia: there were cars in every gravel trap on the first lap!

Most exciting Qualifying
    Brazil: How close was everyone!

Crash of the Season
    The collision between me and teammate @mcwoblin in Australia

McLaren boys!

@ms20 in Japan – made his tyres last and changed to inters at right time to clinch 2nd.

me pitting in Canada and forgetting to change to wets

Funniest moment
    After my first corner crash in Australia I was 15th. Was around 4th by the end of lap 1. Seeing multiple cars in every gravel trap was brilliant!

Radio (headset) message of the season
    Sorry @zsmokey – didn’t one of your friends randomly join our team party? offer drugs and annoy you or something :-)

The Pastor Maldonaldo award (for driver who loved to collect penalties)
    Has to be @lemon at Abu Dhabi

@ms20

The romain grosjean award (for driver most likely to be involved in first corner crash)
    @jonny705 had some bad luck at the starts

Quote of the season
    @Ljkobrien (Lt Alfred) cutting through the field with hot butter

Close between Monza (3 way battle on last corner) and Germany last week. I’m going to go with the latter – that was a mental last lap!

What has been the most enjoyable season and why?
    Season 3 – although Season 1 had the close title fight, there weren’t many of us. This season – More drivers = more entertainment

What have been your 3 all time favourite races (in order)
    1. Canada Season 1
    2. Valencia Season 3
    3. Hungary Season 3

Personal questions

Biggest rival
    Has to be @mrgrieves (y2j). Although special mention to @ljkobrien (Alfred) – me and him had quite a few comings together.

Any Personal milestones
    2nd in Hungary

More podium finishes. More consistency. Faster pace. Aim for 5th in the championship.

Leading in Canada, Hungary and USA for a brief period of time.

Next season

More drivers, longer season, cleaner races

What could be improved?
    Less first corner pile ups. More discussion of races on the forum.

Yes

Sprint Race Championship

15th although there might be other days if the majority can’t make this one!

Lt Alfred
    Participant

@MadDogMolloy it’s an idiom!

I’m now free every Monday for the rest of April

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @kvothe @mrgrieves, @McWoblin, @powderfinger, @strunk27 @ms20 @Sparky2315 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @dazza1782 @mat-k @i300rn-5urv1v0r @roblo97 @zsmokey

I’ve had a look at your responses and thought it might be best to answer a few queries…

100% races

If the majority are interested, we could include some 100% distance races next season. Maybe we could use the major historic races eg Monaco, Silverstone, Monza etc. but the number is up to you guys.

I like the idea of us voting for which tracks should be used.

Only drawback I can see is finishing later (Around 21:45BST). We could start earlier but @strunk27 for instance wouldn’t be able to make it due to the time difference.

Like someone said: it would be unfair to grant everyone double points for this race. if a driver cannot make the race – it then affects their position in the championship standings. Anyone got any ideas?

Perhaps there could be a mini league for the ‘Majors’? perhaps the prestige (and bragging rights!) from winning them would be enough? Like tennis and golf, you go down in sporting folklore if you win one of them?

Season 4 Calendar

I know some of you want to finish the season before 17 September. Below is the calendar I had in mind.

22 Apr – Melbourne
    29 Apr – Malaysia
    6 May – China
    13 May – Bahrain
    20 May – Spain
    27 May – Monaco
    3 June – Canada
    10 June BREAK
    17 June – Valencia
    24 June – Britain
    1 July – Germany
    8 July – Hungary
    15 July – Belgium
    22 July – Italy
    29 July – BREAK
    5 Aug – Singapore
    12 Aug – Japan
    19 Aug – Korea
    26 Aug – India
    2 Sep – Abu Dhabi
    9 Sep – USA
    16 Sep – Brazil

As you can see, if we want 20 races then we would only have 2 breaks for each 1/3 of the season (like @jonny705 suggested). @infernojim we can’t really have a break every month as there isn’t any room. The only solution would be to decrease the calendar size or have a few double header races in one night. Thoughts?

Also – did anyone like the idea of mixing up the order of the calendar a bit? Maybe not the entire 20 races but maybe 3 or 4? If we did decide to make some of them 100% races, it would make sense to change the order and spread them out a bit e.g. Belgium and Italy are currently next to each other!

Dropped scores

We had 4 in Season 4 but I think some of you suggested increasing this number to 5? What do you guys think would work best, considering how our first full 20 race season has gone?

F1 2012 game

@roblo97 suggested using f1 2011 again rather than the current game. Some of us don’t have f1 2011 any more. Plus if we want new drivers to join, they will prob be racing on the current game. But if people want to change then I don’t mind.

I also find the Penalty system on the game worse than the current one eg time penalties for just riding the kerbs! @infernojim knows this too well! (Australia Season 2?)

However if you guys want to change back let me know. In my opinion, we should stick the current game.

Let me know your thoughts on the ideas above – mainly the 100% race idea, race calendar and no. Of dropped scores

I’ll collate the results for the Season 3 awards this weekend. Those who are yet to respond and might be interested are as follows:

@lemon @mcwoblin @powderfinger @strunk27 @dazza1782 @zsmokey

I’ll also try to do some prep for the Season 4 forum and wiki if I get the chance!

In terms of a Sprint Race Championship. We could do one on Monday 15 April?? How is everyone fixed for that date?

ms20
    Participant

@maddogmolloy

2 or 3 110% 100% races would be good. I’m fine with starting at the normal time and I think single points with the extra mini league looks like the best way of doing it.

The calendar looks fine. I’d rather not do a double header as missing one night could mean missing two races and it would be too long.

Japan and Korea could switch so we’re doing the 2013 season but I can’t see much point in changing the order otherwise.

I think there should be one more dropped race to account for holidays in the summer.

I’d rather stay on F1 2012.

15th of April is fine for the sprint championship.

rob lomas
    Participant

I may not be able to make the 15th due to school

infernojim
    Participant

A 110% race @ms20. Always looking to go that extra mile!! :-)

I wonder whether it would be quite cool to change the order a bit, a couple of ideas I had would be either:

1) Reverse season. Start in Brazil, end in Melbourne
    or
    2) Align some races to race weekends. For instance on 9th September, we do Monza, having just seen it live the weekend before. That would be more complicated to work out than the simpler reverse season option.

In terms of the season length I think 20 races, with 5 dropped makes sense, and with those breaks suggested I am confident that I would be able to attend enough races to make it worthwhile this season. I can only see myself missing 2 for certain based on what i know now.

I’m not that keen on 100% race distances, but am happy to go with the majority on this.

I can’t do the 15th of April for Sprint, but happy to miss it (I’ll be in France).

I could do tomorrow, but I think that might be somewhat short notice?

Also, if we’re starting on season 4 on 22nd, when are we going to start choosing teams for Season 4? Will we use the same method, e.g. everyone picks top 3 team preference, and then championship winner gets top pick, and so on?

@strunk27, you fancy trying to tie up the Sauber seats for season 4 if its possible?

Cheers

james

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 432 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.