F1 Games

F1F Xbox 360 World Championship – Season 4: Season completed

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    Lt Alfred
    Participant

Are you guys discussing this out in the open in front of those of us who don’t have it yet on purpose to make us unhappy?

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@ljkobrien sorry! We both just got over excited. When you getting it? Tomorrow?

@mrgrieves I tried the 99 Ferrari with Irvine at Imola. Was amazing. What do you think of the classic tracks.

mrgrieves
    Participant

I’ve not gone to Estoril yet and only went to Jerez to crash in into Villenueuve as Schumacher. Brands is ok but Imola was my favourite track back with the last F1 game back in 2006 and i think it might be again in 2013. Love that track

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

I’ve moved on to the 2013 cars… Everyone keeps saying it’s the same game as 2012 – I disagree. They handle differently.. Braking distances have shortened, oversteer at entry of corners and oversteer on exit. The controller seems to vibrate all the time because you get wheelspin at every corner. Remember my quick starts in 2012? Not sure if you’ll see them that often in 2013 – I spin the wheels up and getting bogged down switching from 1st to 2nd gear… If you had high gear ratios before then you might struggle with this game.

Notice that you can do a full season on Grand Prix mode but not online which is a slight disappointment. But you can turn penalties off all together or just restrict them to corner cutting.

Who else got it today? What do you guys think?

CSCOTTY
    Participant

I got the game today as you know, and its quite a surprise how differently the car handles from the last game, i also get the vibration coming out of each corner but i seem to have stopped it somehow, dont know if its because i had changed the way i used the throttle or not, but im sure we will get used to it in time.
    Ive tried the majority of the classic cars too, liking the 1990’s and the 1980’s go like a bloody go kart. @MadDogMolloy perhaps you could host a sprint session at some point before we start the new season, trying both the classics and 2013 cars?

Lt Alfred
    Participant

I don’t have the classic edition (living in the middle of nowhere means the only copies they had were preordered ones) so my experience of the older cars is a little limited.

The handling is different, although it feels more like F1 2012.5 than an entirely new game. Vibration also seems to be linked to how much grip you have as it seems to increase when you’re on older tyres. Another thing I noticed is that the penalty system is much less severe, I’ve just started a career with Marussia and was crashed into from behind in a corner, the other guy spun out and I tensed waiting for a penalty. I got a warning for causing a minor collision which is a big improvement.

Main thing that’s going to change the league though is who can learn to be smoother with applying power, brakes, steering etc as that seems to cause more wheel spin and tyre wear than the last game

CSCOTTY
    Participant

Perhaps a racenet event is worth doing for once, for the fans of nikki lauda take a look at this.

http://badgergp.com/2013/10/add-laudas-1976-ferrari-to-your-f1-2013-game-this-weekend/

basically outlines that if you simply take part in th racenet time trial around korea you will get the 1976 ferrari 312 T2.

‘F1 2013 players will get more from their game with RaceNet, Codemasters’ free online community hub. RaceNet will power regular community challenges, which will begin this weekend with a Time Trial event in Korea where players will compete to set the best time on online leaderboards around the circuit in dry conditions in a Williams car. Each entrant will earn 1000XP which can go towards unlocking rewards, including in-game helmets.’

Jonny705
    Participant

Got the standard edition. Could say that I simply didn’t want to spend extra, but the truth is I rushed into Game this afternoon, quickly grabbed FIFA and F1 and only realised I had the standard version when I got home lol. Unless we can download the extra stuff for the same price then I think I’ve missed out on Estoril and Imola, two of my favourite circuits. Shame but never mind.

Also recently realised that my obsession with GTA V has kept me from uploading the final standings. Thankfully you all know the results now so there’s no rush lol, but these should be up soon.

Hopefully I will be better on this one. Surely Lemon can’t get five titles in a row!

ms20
    Participant

I’ve moved on to the 2013 cars… Everyone keeps saying it’s the same game as 2012 – I disagree. They handle differently.. Braking distances have shortened, oversteer at entry of corners and oversteer on exit. The controller seems to vibrate all the time because you get wheelspin at every corner.

The cars do feel quite different. I’ve found I have understeer on corner entry so far and I think this is what causes the vibrations. The car feels heavy and the controller vibrates on initial turn-in and then gets lighter in the second half of the corner where the cars seem to turn much faster than in 2012 – this could probably be helped by setup changes and a slightly altered racing line. I’m glad the oversteer on corner exit is back, makes the cars much more fun and adds some difficulty.
    It looks like they’ve made some changes to the steering – the car changes direction much faster in slower chicanes.

Also Brands Hatch is awesome.

ms20
    Participant

A little more on the vibration from the GamesRadar review:

One inspired new feature is the way Codemasters has taken a racing wheel’s force-feedback features and simulated them on a gamepad. A force-feedback wheel will ‘go light’ if your car is understeering. But that can’t be replicated on a pad. Right? Wrong. A very subtle vibration effect feeds through your palms if you’re asking too much of your car’s grip against the track surface, letting you know that you’re damaging your tyres.

As a result, you’re constantly taught how to be a more successful driver. Not only will your tyres last longer if you look after them (a theme all-too prevalent in real F1 this year), but you’ll learn to respect corners more. No longer will you feel like chucking the car hard over raised kerbs on corner apexes on full lock at 150mph. Instead, you’ll set your car up for the turn, place it on the racing line and ease the car through. Your lap times will decrease, you’ll look more professional, and–above all–you’ll feel the benefits as you soar out of the turn on the other side.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @infernojim @ljkobrien @mrgrieves, @powderfinger, @strunk27 @ms20 @jonny705 @dazzaarcher @cscottyf195 @vitreouschain @strongo83
    @mcwoblin

It’s been a while guys! Hope everyone is enjoying the new game and getting to grips with it.

I suppose we better start thinking about the future of this league then..

A few months ago, I came up with a suggestion where we shorten the season length to around 13 races. The general impression was that the current number of 20 races was too long. Having 13 races means we can hold 3 seasons over the next 12 months (rather than just the two currently).

Everyone would get the opportunity to vote for their favourite circuits. Once the votes are counted, the top 8 or so would be used in every one of these three seasons. The remaining 5 races of each season would be filled with the circuits that remain. They would be spread so that over the course of the three seasons, each of these (least popular) tracks would be raced on at least once.

Here’s a quick Example..

Let’s say 8 popular races are:

Australia
    Monaco
    Canada
    Britain
    Belgium
    Italy
    Japan
    Brazil

Every season would have these eight races. The other circuits in each season could be..

S5
    Hungary
    Bahrain
    China
    India
    Imola

S6
    Germany
    Abu Dhabi
    Malaysia
    USA
    Jerez

S7
    Barcelona
    Singapore
    Korea
    Brands Hatch
    Estoril

I imagine a lot of the least popular circuits will be the so-called ‘Tilke Domes’. These tracks are quite similar so I don’t see it being a major problem if we only have one of each in every season e.g. Malaysia and China and Korea aren’t too different from one another, so we can just have one of each of these in every season.. It’ll keep every season feeling fresh too!

Also, a few other changes I’ve thought of..

-maybe 1-2 drop scores a season (due to shorter calendar)
    -no 100% distance races (too long for some and now fuel and tyre wear is scaled for 50% races – just like in f1 2011)
    -brands and Jerez could be included. But what about Imola and Estoril? I like the idea of all four but I know some only have the standard edition of the game. If you do, are you going to download the DLC?
    – penalty system… Corner cutting only?? Or keep it as it is? I think it’s slightly better in this game but up to you guys really..

Sound good? What do you guys think? Or would you rather keep things as they were in season 4? Any other rules need to be changed? Let me know what you think.

I’ll set up a new forum over the next week or so. Then we can choose teams, calendar choices etc…

infernojim
    Participant

I don’t have the New game yet and don’t know when I will. I do really want it but money is tight right now

Strongo83

@MadDogMolloy im looking for a new job so hope to be back at some point when can get off working nights

@ljkobrien do u still want this wifi adaptor if so them pm me on here or xbox message me with ur addy so can get it to u ok mate

McWoblin
    Participant

Hi All, I like the idea of the new season, shorter without the Tilke tracks. I think 100% is too much so agreed with 50%, and I now have classic edition so I’m up for the new (old) circuits. I think 2 drop scores would be ideal, I haven’t really tried the game out too much yet, but could be dangerous completely switching off the penalty system, but I’m not really sure yet.

ms20
    Participant

A 13 race season is good and that system for choosing them looks fine.

-maybe 1-2 drop scores a season (due to shorter calendar)
    -no 100% distance races (too long for some and now fuel and tyre wear is scaled for 50% races – just like in f1 2011)
    -brands and Jerez could be included. But what about Imola and Estoril? I like the idea of all four but I know some only have the standard edition of the game. If you do, are you going to download the DLC?
    – penalty system… Corner cutting only?? Or keep it as it is? I think it’s slightly better in this game but up to you guys really…

2 dropped scores should be enough.
    I enjoyed the 100% races so I’d rather keep them. Not a big issue for me though.
    I’ll be buying the DLC sometime.
    I’d keep the penalty system the same as S4.

Apparently the Lotus cars are a few mph faster in a straight line than other cars this year (this happened for other cars in F1 2012). Does anyone think this is worth addressing?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.