F1 Games

F1F Xbox 360 World Championship – Season 1 (NOW COMPLETE)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 438 total)
  • Author
    gameprotage
    Participant

@cmancuzo13 (Christopher) don’t worry nobody is going to hate you, however I can’t make that promise for anything said during the heat of racing;)

For setting up your xbox, you’ll need an internet connection (which I assume you have) and either an ethernet cable (can be brought from pc stores) or a wireless adapter depending on how old your model is (the newer ones have one built in. You’ll also need a window’s live address which you can make here :https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Flows/AccountCreation/EmailInformation.aspx you’ll also probably need a email account which you’ll use to sign in.
    Since you are new to xbox live, they’ll give you a months free trial which means you can play online, but after that you will have to buy membership either via debit/credit card or via a prepaid card from a computer games store. (Another option is to just create a new account and get another months free trial, this however can only be done three times.)
    In your F1 2011 game you should have a a card thats an an ea pass which weill enable you to play the game online, make sure you have it.

We’ll organise times and dates for the championshipn on here and it will require little work on your part except confirmations ect. You’ll also need to post your gametag, so the rest of us can add you and invite you to the sessions ect.

I’ve posted this here instead of emailing you, so if anybody needs help and its proving a decisive factor in joining then hopefully they can resolve their own issues.

Also Christopher I suppose since you top three choices are filled you will be in Force India.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@kvothe

Yeah lets set the deadline for this weekend. Do we need to have exactly 16 to begin?

After that we can start to see when everyone is free and confirm the procedure for meeting up, dealing with lag etc.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@powderfinger (Mr. Powers)

Added you to the entry list. You will drive for Ferrari.

Good to have you on board!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kyle Also @Christopher for Force India

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do we have a date?

Lemon
    Participant

if you have any free space i’d love to join…allthough not always being at the same place as my xbox means I can’t be that reliable to take part in all the races :/gamertag: ‘Herbert Lemon’…race all assits off with manual gears using a controller..call me crazy but I used to be ok using this setup on F1 2010 but feel as if I have lost my way on 2011 so don’t expect anything…might switch to medium traction to try an get back in the rythum…and of the cars I see available I wouldn’t mind renault, force india, redbull or lotus really, favoured in that order…. thanks..

ms20
    Participant

@lemon
    Have you tried turning on abs? No TC should be easier in 2011 because it’s so much easier to correct oversteer and the car isn’t on a knife edge in some corners like it is in 2010 but turning on abs can help a lot – improved my times by over a second :)

Lemon
    Participant

yeh you know I was never really sure whether I was actually at an advantage with abs off, I always assumed abs would slow you down slower(if thats makes any sense) than if you did it manually..almost like the computer overcompensating so you dont lock up, whereas manually I assume you could take the car right to the edge of locking up, without going over… still not really sure, but psycologicaly I feel more immersed and generally dont lock up too much, I’ll run a direct comparison in a practice session and see what happens! as for TC I never found much of a problem without it on 2010, but 2011 especially mid highspeed corner it almost feels like the cars have no downforce whatsoever wich is ridiculous……but just today i actually took the effort to try and understand the setups and tweaked it a bit….I found that made it alot easier…but might have to switch to medium traction just for consistency because i don’t have any of that at the moment… sorry this was obviously meant for you ms20 but i’m a bit of a noob to forums and don’t know how to do the @ thing…

ms20
    Participant

@lemon (just type @ then click on the persons name and copy the 2nd line :p)

Front wing: 8 or 9
    Rear Wing: 11
    Balance: 4 and 5
    Suspension: 1,1 and 11,7
    Alignment: move both camber 3 to the left and front toe 1 to the left.

Makes the car more stable and easy to drive – you can go faster but it’s a good base setup to use.
    (If anyone has something better please share :) )

gameprotage
    Participant

@maddogmolloy
    Ok great, deadline for official final comfirmation this Saturday 11:59pm

No I don’t think we’ll need the full complement of 16. I think roughly having 11 (should everyone who has expressed interest actually race) will be enough, we can welcome new people throught out the season or just before it starts, and we might even get to have a reserve list;) This is just to make sure we don’t procrastinate too much to the point people lose interest.
    Also can you edit in Christopher for Force India, and Lemon for Renault please.

@carnivorouspope I can imagine us starting at the latest the week beginning the 12th March

@Lemon, just put an @ symbol after before the name of the poster and it’ll automatically tag them.

gameprotage
    Participant

*Officially five places left*

gameprotage
    Participant

*Bump*

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can we get a date set please? Is everyone good for mondays?

ms20
    Participant

@carnivorouspope
    I’m good for mondays, tuesdays, thursdays and fridays after 8 ideally but not before 7. Saturdays and sundays i would definitely miss some races but would be ok.

I think earliest time to start would be the week starting on the 12th but we still have some free spaces and if people can’t make it we might not have many cars.

mrgrieves
    Participant

Mondays are best for me too. Cant do Tue, wed fri, sat, sun

Time wise im happy with anytime from 7-8 inclusive

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 438 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.