F1 Games

Forza Motorsport 5

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The Xbox One is released in a couple of weeks, and along with it comes Forza Motorsport 5. For the first time the franchise features Formula One cars. The 1976 Ferrari 312T and McLaren M23 from Rush had already been announced, but as this evening’s release trailer shows, you can also get your hands on the Lotus E21. Glimpses of it running on the as-yet-unannounced Yas Marina circuit and along the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans can be seen, as well as a couple of IndyCar DW12’s on the Indianapolis Road Course.

kieraa
    Participant

Hey everyone, anyone playing this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know a single person who owns an Xbox One.

Or a PS4 for that matter.

dragoll
    Participant

I own this and have Forza, and I must say that I’m really impressed with the Drivatar and Rivals system. I believe this to be game changer in terms of getting rid of those very rigid and stiff AI cars.

kieraa
    Participant

Yeah I too think it is great, limited content, but great game, they gifted me an E21 too which I appreciated.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I’ve played it at a friend’s house and seen the F1 cars are in it. Nice line up. Didn’t know there was an E21 though!

GeeMac
    Participant

I’ve been playing this for a few weeks and it is pretty good. I can’t see much difference in the driving physics from Forza 4, they are still very, very strong. The graphics are insanely good, the view out to the right as you drop down the hill on the Bernese Alps track is amazing. It’s a massive step forward.

Disappointments, well the low track count is a major one for me. Losing Maple Valley, the ‘Ring, Suzuka and Road America is a big negative. So is losing Sunset Peninsula, I had a soft spot for that place. Adding Spa was a stroke of genius, Abu Dhabi is ok I guess and Bathurst is a nice add, it is a great track but it doesn’t work for Forza’s oftentimes mad online lobbies. The jury is still out for me on Drivartar, it’s a great concept but it seems flawed in practice. I started on lower Drivartar difficulties” while I got used to the game and found that the Drivartars just drove into me all the time, made stupid lunges (and I mean really stupid) and tried to tip me into spins on the straights. I got so frustrated I cranked the Drivertars up to “unbeatable” and thankfully it doesn’t happen (as much) anymore. They are far from unbeatable though… and I’m nowhere near the quickest person on Forza.

Getting gifted an E21, geez all I got was a Veloster Turbo! Feel hard done by now! I only earned enough credits to get the E21 a few nights back!

Steven
    Participant

Losing those first four tracks you mentioned and gaining Abu Dhabi and Spa… conflicting. I love having F1 tracks like Spa in a road-racing game (I loved Race Driver: GRID for that reason). Those four tracks you mentioned, thouhg, are so fun to drive in-game, too. If I wanted to drive 90-degree corners I’d just take my car out and drive around the city, so Abu Dhabi does nothing for me.

By the way: can you tell if Forza 5 is geared towards DLCs and extra paid content? I hate the way most video games these days are really just a partial release, and everything else is additional paid content. Forza 4 had a very strong core game, so I ended up not getting any of the car packs available, since I haven’t even driven all the cars available with the core game.

Max Jacobson
    Participant

I had no idea they ditched the ‘Ring and Suzuka – what an awful decision! Two of my definite favourite tracks on Forza 4, particularly Suzuka – the Degna curves are some of my favourite corners on any racetrack. If the data was already pre-existing, why the hell did they feel compelled to remove the tracks‽

GeeMac
    Participant

@steevkay It does seem to be heading the way of DLC, and I’m having issues getting hold of DLC content which is very annoying. But at least in 5 you can see DLC cars on track even if you haven’t downloaded them, so gone are the days of being thumped by a black Jetta which goes like a scalded cat.

There are still loads of cars though, more than you actually want to drive to be frank and a few great additions. I don’t see the point of having 15 variants of a single car like Gran Tourismo does, so more isn’t always more. But when it comes to tracks, more is more, they need to sort that out asap.

matt90
    Participant

“I don’t see the point of having 15 variants of a single car like Gran Turismo does, so more isn’t always more.”

GT6 has too many similar variants, certainly. But it has more genuinely different cars than Forza anyway, even if you only include the premium versions. The low track count sounds terrible for Forza though. Nothing makes me get bored quicker than the same tracks coming up again and again, especially if one of them is Marina Bay.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.