F1 Games

GT5 Endurance races

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ell
    Participant

Anyone completed any? I have done the first, but can’t bring myself to racing 4 hours round Tskuba.

David-A
    Participant

I’ve done only four- the Laguna Seca 200 Miles, Grand Valley 300km, Indy 500 and Tsukuba 4 hours. Not sure when i’ll bother with the Suzuka 1000km or Tsukuba 9 hours, let alone the 24 hour races.

TrueF1Grit

I’ve done up to the Nurburgring 9 hour on B-Spec and got to 24 laps on the Indy 500 A-Spec before getting bored.

matt90
    Participant

Got quite far while ‘revising.’ I’ve done all except the 9+ hour ones on A-spec. Nurburgring 4 hours is ok if you have the Red Bull. You can just do 2 hours 30 then leave the race till the end and come back still in the lead. Indy’s a little dull, but because the laps go quickly its very easy to get a bit lost in chasing the best laptime or fastest speed while slipstreaming. Done them all on b-spec.

If you do them in stints and have a break to watch TV or read a book ( or maybe even stretch to going to a lecture) then it’s a lot more manageable. Can’t face 9 hours of wherever it is though.

Edit @David: Yeah suzuka is a bit much, but at least it’s a challenging circuit to keep you interested. Tsukuba will be left unless they introduce pausing endurance races so you can pick up another day.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I’ve done all on A-Spec except the final three, which I really can’t be bothered with right now. B-Spec I’ve only got the Nurburgring 24 hours to do, but I’m not level 40 and I can’t be bothered to level up to that.

I only did the Suzuka 1000km the other day, figured it’d only take 3 and a bit hours with the X2010. It rained for the first hundred laps though and took me nearly 4 and half. Was a massive drag. Sometimes I just find myself ‘in the mood’ for an endurance race but the 9 hour plus ones take a whole load of commitment and it takes up enormous chunks of your day.

RIISE

I’ve done them all!! The joys of finishing off your Uni year 1 month early. I find them all fun to be honest. Provided you have a car that makes it so the other AI are actually a bit competitive.

matt90
    Participant

@RIISE Yeah I get the competitive thing normally, but endurance races I want to spend as little time on as possible. Across how many days did you do each 24 hour one?

David-A
    Participant

I’ve now managed the Nurburgring 4h and the Tsukuba 9h, still 3 A-Spec enduros to go, and the 2 24h B-Spec endurances.

Ads21
    Participant

At uni me and my mates once did a Le Mans 24hrs on GT4 in a Minolta. There was a gang of us doing it in stints and it was great fun, there’s no way you could do a 24 hr one any other way. I live doing the “medium” length ones that are only 2 or 3 hrs or so but anything more is a bit of a chore.

Icthyes
    Participant

Tsukuba 9 hours? That’s my least favourite circuit in GT4, you deserve a medal.

Ell
    Participant

I am waiting until i unlock laguna seca 200 miles to continue them. Any ideas on what car to use?

matt90
    Participant

Whatever the fastest one you have is. As far as I remember that race was only road going cars.

Ell
    Participant

Minolta or Zonda r. I might buy one of the Peugeot 908 for it.

Ell
    Participant

Might do the Grand Valley Speedway 300km again in a Formula GT. After racing in Minolta’s it seems impossibly fast, especially at the Circuit De La Sarthe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.