F1 Games

Gran Turismo 5 Le Mans Series

Tagged: , , , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    David-A
    Participant

@mazdachris – Sorry about that, hope it isn’t too bad.

Checked the replay, and it’s all good:
    Race Results after 27 laps:
    1) Ibbo1981 46:21.886
    2) Magnificent-Geoffrey +26.929
    3) David_JV +51.368
    4) Joeyz_f1 + 1 lap / +2:08.258
    5) Jake2013guy Retired

http://www.flickr.com/photos/102998409@N03/10544425914/

Fun race. My form and pace sucked, but we got a new racewinner, and new champion as I wrapped up the championship over Jake.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@magnificent-geoffrey Nice work on your podium!

I do enjoy the game, but I don’t really have much time with tootling around at the back all the time. And I keep spinning out. And being lapped. It does be tiring. :/

MazdaChris
    Participant

Spud, are you using a steering wheel and pedals or the controller?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mazdachris I’m using wheel and pedals. Haven’t used a controller in the longest time.

@spud Do you fancy doing some testing with me tonight? We could have a play around with setups and settings, etc, and try and see if that helps you with where you’re struggling?

MazdaChris
    Participant

I’d be up for a bit of open pitlane testing as well
    I was asking about the wheel because I find when I’m using the wheel that I can control the throttle much better but when I get oversteer it’s harder to control because it’s harder to react quickly, and easier to over-correct and end up spinning. I’ve gotten around this with my new wheel, as I can set a much shorter range, lock to lock, meaning the steering is much quicker than when I was using my old wheel. Makes it much easier to turn in quickly when the car has a strong front end (something I seem to enjoy for maybe three laps at the start of a stint, before my 787b gets lots of understeer), and it’s easier to countersteer without having to cross your arms or move your hands on the wheel.

Not that this is really practical advice, since I’m sure if your wheel doesn’t have this function then it’s not likely that you’re going to buy a new one just for that. But certainly for me it has made a massive difference. And I think actually if you look at my speed since Spa, I’ve been able to really improve.

Slr
    Participant

I should be free next Monday night so I’d love to take part in the next race. :)

I can see if I might be able to host an open test session later tonight, if anyone would be interested.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Count me in for tonight then so. :)

MazdaChris
    Participant

I’m there like Yogi Bear

David-A
    Participant

Ok then, a test session hosted by @magnificent-geoffrey sounds good.

@slr – Good stuff, can I have your name and the car you’re driving (wonder if it’ll be the Sauber Mercedes?)

Can’t guarantee when or even if I could host anything tonight, so we might have to play it by ear.

Keep an eye on here and I’ll try and keep you posted.

I’m probably going to be able to do a session from 8:00pm – 9:00pm UK time (55 minutes from this post), if that’s OK for you all?

MazdaChris
    Participant

Fine with me. If people want to be on longer I can always open a lobby afterwards and leave it open for the rest of the evening

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool beans. I’ll be there then so.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.