F1 Games

Gran Turismo 5 Le Mans Series

Tagged: , , , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 273 total)
  • Author

Not every racing series needs to be ‘serious’. There’s nothing wrong with casual series that are made just for fun. That’s the great thing about games like these, you can make races as hardcore or as casual as you like.

If you want to take your racing really seriously, there are leagues out there that have no aids allowed, really strict rules about contact and such and where everyone involved uses wheels and spends hours on their setups. I was involved in a SuperGT series on GT5 a few years back like that and it was a lot of fun. We even had proper rolling starts. But not everyone wants to take things that seriously and often people just want to enjoy racing for fun with a decent, familiar bunch of people. That’s the great thing about leagues like this, that they allow just that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

there are leagues out there that have no aids allowed, really strict rules about contact and such and where everyone involved uses wheels and spends hours on their setups.

Definitely wouldn’t be for me, that’s for sure. If every league was as strict, I’d never take part in any of them. Video games should never become a chore and if they do, it’s time to hang the controller up at that stage.

Anyway, can I sign up for this league please? Sounds like a good laugh.

Name: Spud Byrne
    PSN: thespuditron
    Car Choice: Audi R10 TDI ’06

MazdaChris
    Participant

I’m a pretty casual player of this. Could I get some idea of what sort of laptimes people are expecting to be hitting at Grand Valley so I can get an idea of whether or not I’m likely to be competitive?

David-A
    Participant

@ajokay – As @magnificient-geoffrey suggested, the primary objectoive is to have fun. Most of the assists are off anyway, and the racing is of a good standard.
    @thespuditron – Thanks, I’ll add you to the list of entrants.
    @mazdachris – The last time I did a bit of brief practice, I was around or under 1:40

timtoo
    Participant

Sounds like some fun – although i’ve just found my f1 2011 disk… If I can schedule some time on Mondays I will post my details as Ide love a go, but will get myself back up to speed first!

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@ajokay I consider myself a serious racer at times, but learning the line for 3 different tracks sometimes, in a week, is a pretty big ask. Some can do it, I can’t. Besides, I don’t want this to be a die-hard championship, as I think we’d all have much more fun with the rules as they are.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

I’ll most likely be picking the lightest car, not making the same mistake I made with my skyline all over again lol although I also need better tyres. By the way does anyone know a good setup for the Thrustmaster F430? I’m not sure it’s a supported wheel. If I could get some help on that, that’s be… Well… Helpful lol

MazdaChris
    Participant

Any of the cars from the list posted on the first page will be good if you get them to 700pp. The newer ones will have more downforce so will be better in the corners while the older ones will have a higher terminal speed due to higher power and lower drag. Though the diesel cars also have great torque so they’ll power out of slower corners better than most, if you can control the wheelspin.

Just keep pumping those seasonal events to build your money up. They’re on multipliers so you’ll get way more money if you can win them with cars lower than the maximum pp, and the more often you play the more you tend to win.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

I’ve decided the car I want… Now to save another 3 million credits or so lol

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@david-a I haven’t got the car yet but I will soon so I guess I should put my name down for this. If it turns out I can’t do it I’ll let you know:
    Name: Harry Westwood
    PSN: Sirspuddington
    Car: Pescarolo Sport C60 Hybride Judd ’05

David-A
    Participant

@timtoo – Good to have you aboard :)
    @fangio85 – Could I please have your name, for the championship table? :)

fangio85
    Participant

Yeah mate, its mike.

MazdaChris
    Participant

@david-a What sort of tyres would you have been using then you were hitting around 1:40?

David-A
    Participant

@mazdachris – On the racing softs.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

@david-a asked my mum if I can do Monday evenings but she says I race too much as it is :/ sorry guys I’m out it seems :/ have fun though and someone record, I wanna see how this unfolds :P

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.