F1 Games

How’s your F1 2010 career going?

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 6: Monaco
    Qualifying: 2nd – Race: 3rd
    I reached Q3 without difficulties, but my first lap of the session was slow. On the second lap Massa did not let me through and the lap went wasted, but the third lap was the fastest of the session as I became the first man to go below the 1:18 margin. Schumacher beat me by three tenths but nobody else did and I was 2nd. I overtook Schumacher at turn 1 and led the race ahead of Schumacher, Rosberg, Vettel and Webber until I stopped on lap 5, when I was held up for 8 seconds waiting for others to transit in the pit lane. I was 18th at that point, but rose to 6th a couple of laps later when most drivers had stopped. I overtook Schumacher on lap 8 and Rosberg on lap 10, then Buemi, who was leading, pitted and joined the track just behind me, so I finished third behind Webber and Vettel, and with Alonso 5th I re-took the championship lead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 7: Turkey
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 1st
    I was in the bottom seven with two minutes to go in Q1, and when the timer had reached 10 seconds I still was 19th. I started another lap and with that I reached 4th place. I took the lead of Q2 with my first and not particularly fast lap, and I held it till the end, so I bravely decided to do only one run in Q3, and I started it with 5 seconds left in the session: my lap was 6 tenths quicker than anyone else’s. I kept leading the race on Button until he pitted on lap 3, and I stopped on lap 4 and came out 8th. I immediately overtook a Virgin and an HRT and after turn 8 pulled out of Kobayashi’s tow to overtake him. 5th place became 2nd when the others pitted but I didn’t have Barrichello’s pace, so I settled down and controlled the 5-second margin I had over Button. On lap 8 Rubens pitted and Jenson did so again on lap 9, once he had closed the gap. Rosberg was 7 seconds behind but he cut it down to one second on the last lap, but I won the race.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 8: Canada
    I was first in Q1 by over 2 seconds on prime tyres, by over three seconds on option tyres in Q2 so I decided to use hard tyres in Q3, and I took pole by 2.6s on Rosberg. I kept the lead of the race but in the first couple of laps I couldn’t run away from Rosberg, but from the third lap I started pushing hard and quickly built a reassuring lead. Rosberg and some others pitted on lap 4, whilst Liuzzi continued and became 2nd. I continued and Liuzzi pitted on lap 8, coming out behind Rosberg; the latter, though, pitted again and Liuzzi became 2nd and Massa 3rd as I pitted on lap 10, keeping the lead in the process. I had lapped always in the 1:18s with a fastest lap of 1:17.3, just 6 tenths slower than my pole time, but on lap 12 I set a 1:15.6, 1 second faster than that. I eventually won the race with a big margin on Liuzzi and Massa.

Race 9: Europe
    Qualifying: 3rd – Race: 1st
    I wasn’t particularly fast in Q1 but I still reached Q3, where I was 5 tenths off pole position, in third place. I overtook Webber and polesitter Sutil one by one at the start and extended my lead to 6 seconds in the first two laps, before it was cut to 4 by lap 4 when I pitted. Webber continued one lap longer and when he pitted he came out 4 seconds behind me, and there he remained for the remaining six laps, although he came as close to me as 2 seconds before I set my two fastest laps on the last two laps of the race, to take the chequered flag 3 seconds before him.

Race 10: Great Britain
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 17th
    I had to continue developing my setup throughout free practice and qualifying, and I eventually reached Q3, where I was 5th with my first lap. I went on pushing and on my third lap, after the session time had run out, I took pole by a few hundredths on Alonso. I had no race pace but I kept leading the field until lap 3 when I pitted and, luckily, only Webber did the same. I was 19th but I overtook Vettel at Becketts, and on the following lap I overtook Kubica at Maggots, reaching 17th place. As the others waited a while before pitting, earning precious seconds on me in the meantime, I never inherited a single position. Alonso, Rosberg and Hamilton all led the race at some point, but eventually Liuzzi won it, and Senna and Kovalainen joined him on the podium. Before now, I had never failed to score more than once in a single season, but as my nearest rival, Alonso, eventually finished 10th, the championship situation is the same.

Race 11: Germany
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 2nd
    I beat Kobayashi by a few hundredths in Q1, although he was on option and I was on prime tyres; indeed in Q2 I was over a second faster than him on the softer compound. In Q3 I tried to take pole with a single lap on hard tyres, but I didn’t think a 1:19.7 was fast enough so I improved by three tenths with my second lap. In the end I was a second faster than Massa and Kobayashi who qualified right behind me, and I took pole. Vettel overtook Kobayashi at the start but Massa, after getting alongside me, stayed behind in 2nd place. I was over a second faster on the first lap but that gap was cut down to nothing following some small mistakes on my part, but I led the race nonetheless when Massa and the others pitted. I started more consistently lapping in the 1:20s with a fastest lap of 1:20.2 but to my astonishment when I joined the track on lap 10 after my pit stop I was 3rd, 5 seconds behind Massa who led Vettel. I earned a second on Felipe on that lap, and 5 tenths in the following lap whilst I overtook Vettel and set a best lap time of 1:18.7. I earned nothing on the following lap and neither on the last one, so I finished 2nd, 3 seconds behind Massa. Kobayashi had dropped to 9th but Alonso’s 10th position saw me further increase my championship lead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 12: Hungary
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 3rd
    Easily I reached Q3 and took pole with my second lap by three tenths on Rosberg. Before the race I chose Button (currently 3rd) as my championship rival. I held the lead of the race but as I was slower than the others who remained on my tail I decided to anticipate my pit stop by one lap, also because my tyres were badly worn out, to avoid being held up in the pit lane. On lap 5 I succeeded in overtaking Button and Massa who were leaving the pits and I reached 6th place, whilst Petrov was leading the race. He remained ahead after his stop but he later pitted again, losing a likely win; Kovalainen and Buemi both remained ahead of me, but the 10th lap was my fastest and allowed me to overtake Glock at turn 1, promoting me to 3rd place ahead of Massa and Button. Alonso was out of the points and this allowed Button to take his place in the standings as my closest rival.

Race 13: Belgium
    I had no problems reaching Q3 although I wasn’t first in either of the previous qualifying sessions. On my first lap I was quickest in S1, then I lost all of my advantage in S2 but in S3 I recovered to take pole by 1.8s on Massa who was, in turn, 5 tenths faster than Alonso. I remained in the lead as Barrichello attacked the two Ferraris, but nothing changed eventually. I pitted on lap 3 when Massa, who also pitted, was a couple of seconds behind: I wasn’t held up whilst he was, therefore one lap later, when Alonso pitted, he overtook his team mate. He remained around 2 seconds behind me for all the race whilst Massa was a further 6 seconds behind, and the race finished in that order. Button was 17th and lost second place in the standings to Alonso.

Race 14: Italy
    One lap in Q3 was enough to take pole by 7 tenths on Massa, Alonso and Kobayashi. I had no problems in keeping the lead and extended my lead to 2 seconds in the first four laps before I pitted. Already at the end of the following lap, after overtaking Hamilton, I had returned to 1st place, and Massa, Alonso, Liuzzi and Kobayashi followed behind. I went faster and faster and extended my lead to over 7 seconds by the end of the race which finished with me ahead of the two Ferraris, Liuzzi and my team mate.

Race 15: Singapore
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 3rd
    Rain in Q3 meant I was easily on pole, 4 seconds ahead of Kovalainen, Vettel and Trulli, and allowed me to start the race on hard tyres in an attempt to score a Grand Slam. I closed the door on Kovalainen and crucially Kobayashi jumped into 2nd place, and we both ran away from the Lotus which was slowing down the other drivers. Kobayashi pitted on lap 4 and took fourth place, first amongst those who had pitted. Kovalainen cut down his disadvantage within a couple of laps but one lap later he had fallen back behind, before earning on me again. Kovalainen, Alonso and I pitted on lap 8 and my mechanics needlessly changed my slightly-damaged front wing, but I was 7 seconds behind Kobayashi in 2nd place. On cold tyres I spun twice on lap 9 letting Hamilton through, and then controlled Alonso to take 3rd whilst my team mate won the race. I mathematically clinched the title and immediately signed a contract with McLaren for next season.

Race 16: Japan
    I was doubtful of my setup’s pace, but at Suzuka even more important and harder is to set a clean lap. I used soft tyres in Q1 and the same set in Q2, and on new tyres in Q3 I went one second faster than anyone else. I remained in 1st position on the first laps, until my pit stop on lap 4. At the start of lap 6 Alonso was leaving the pits after his stop and I overtook him, taking 4th place behind three drivers who stopped in the following laps, handing me 1st place back. Alonso remained within a second of me for the remainder of the race but I won the race ahead of him and the two Mercedes, Schumacher ahead of Rosberg.

Race 17: South Korea
    Qualifying: 2nd – Race: 1st
    I struggled in Q1 but in the end I reached Q2 without using soft tyres. I was fastest there and was on a flying lap when Schumacher slowed down ahead of me. I crossed the line 0.068s behind Massa, and I improved by three tenths on my following lap in sector 2, where I had found Schumacher, but I couldn’t keep the pace in sector 3 so I had to settle for 2nd place. I took the lead by passing Massa on the inside of turn 1 and held it until I stopped. The ones who continued were faster than me and I had to battle with them as they came out of the pit lane, Button first and Webber next. Barrichello was capable of reaching 2nd place ahead of Webber, but I remained the one in front and won the race.

Race 18: Brazil
    I was easily the quickest car around Interlagos and I topped qualifying by 5 tenths. I led the race until, on lap 4, I took advantage of a spin that delayed Schumacher and my other pursuers to pit without cars in my tow. I came out 11th and as the laps passed I rose back up, reaching 4th place after the first round of pit stops was over. The top 3, Trulli, Hulkenberg and Barrichello, had an opposite strategy where they started on hard tyres, so they remained on track; however, they were around two seconds per lap faster than me, and when they pitted on lap 10 the gap was just enough for me to stay in front. Instead, me and Hulkenberg battled on the back straight with me eventually having the upper hand. The final laps were crazy as there was a train of drivers right behind me and any small mistake would have cost me several positions. I made none, and I won the race; the top 19 drivers were within 10 seconds of my time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 19: Abu Dhabi
    I ended the season by taking my 13th pole of the year, having qualified twice in second, third and fourth places. I finally found a track where I pulled away from my rivals on the first lap, giving 5 seconds to Rosberg, who, however, somehow made a mistake and dropped behind Button on lap 2. Me and the British driver pitted without problems on lap 4 as the German continued for a further lap, during which he was only a couple of seconds ahead of me. In the rest of the race I was lapping on Button’s same pace, at times losing some tenths and at some times recovering them. I won the race with 10 seconds on Jenson Button, the driver who I will be partnering next season at McLaren.

Season Summary
    Wins: 11 – Poles: 13 – Doubles: 8 – Grand Slams: 1

1. Bahrain – 1st + 1st
    2. Australia – 4th + 1st
    3. Malaysia – 1st + 2nd
    4. China – 3rd + 5th
    5. Spain – 4th + 12th
    6. Monaco – 2nd + 3rd
    7. Turkey – 1st + 1st
    8. Canada – 1st + 1st (Grand Slam)
    9. Europe – 3rd + 1st
    10. Great Britain – 1st + 17th
    11. Germany – 1st + 2nd
    12. Hungary – 1st + 3rd
    13. Belgium – 1st + 1st
    14. Italy – 1st + 1st
    15. Singapore – 1st + 3rd
    16. Japan – 1st + 1st
    17. South Korea – 2nd + 1st
    18. Brazil – 1st + 1st
    19. Abu Dhabi – 1st + 1st

Drivers’ Championship
    1. Geoni – 366
    2. Hamilton – 189
    3. Webber – 135
    4. Button – 135 (Rival)

Constructors’ Championship
    1. Sauber – 433
    2. Ferrari – 302
    3. Red Bull – 255

Nick
    Participant

I’m currently on my second season in a 3 year game. I started off with Williams and short race weekends, easy levels and all to get used to the game. I won every race, apart from Monaco, since I played with my keyboard (Grand Prix 4 style, but the lack of auto-steering rather hurt me.)

I selected Alonso as my rival, in hopes of signing with Ferrari. I did, with equal status even. I did a race or two with a wheel, but it kept zig-zaging on the straights, making it very tiring to play. Since I wasn’t having a whole lot of fun playing, I figured I’d let the game be for a while until I got something proper to control the game with. I got a gamepad a couple of months ago and finally, after 4/5 months, got back into the game. I’m still doing short race weekends, but 30-50% race distances, full damage and intermediate AI. I’m still winning, though, so I’m not complaining.

However, after 9 races, Ferrari offered me a new deal. Salary isn’t really a thing if you’re a Ferrari fan, but it was nice to see it increased. However, they were now offering the role of ‘driver 2’. I declined the deal, and I declined it again after race 10. After race 11, my manager informed me the team is letting me go at the end of the season.

While I can imagine declining an offer twice would force the game to do so, what on earth were they thinking with offering the guy who has won the team mate challenge and is leading the championship a worse driver role? This leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth, as a Ferrari fan.

*rant over*

Anonymous
    Inactive

My game crashed when I tried to start my 7th season with McLaren, so I was forced to restart my career and use a mod to select the team at the start. Get ready for 7 new seasons!

Season 7 – McLaren #1 (AI strength: 4/4)

Race 1: Bahrain
    EDIT: the game refuses to save my progress, I’ll have to find a solution and race again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 1: Bahrain
    I started my McLaren career by taking pole position at the track I’ve always dominated at, Sakhir. I decided I wanted to take pole on the prime compound. I did so on Rosberg, whilst Button was 6th. I held the lead at the start and Rosberg was immediately followed by Button, and both pitted on lap 3. Kobayashi took 2nd whilst he was waiting to pit, then Rosberg and Vettel took back the podium places. I won, and Button finished 6th, guaranteeing us the lead in the Constructors’ Championship.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 2: Australia
    I reached Q3 using a single set of prime tyres, including in a rainy Q2. Q3 was even wetter and I was the only one to use full wets whilst the others preferred intermediates, but I took pole by 7 seconds on Alonso, with Vettel and Massa within 4 hundredths of his time; Button was 8th. I took advantage of the situation to start on the hard tyres, while none of the front-runners did the same. Vettel and Alonso were the first to pit on lap 3, whilst Massa waited an extra lap which proved crucial. I lapped below the 1:30s for 6 consecutive laps, with a peak in 1:28.8 on lap 4, ignoring the first lap and lap 8 when I pitted. At that point I led Kobayashi by about 30 seconds, and when he pitted he managed to hold onto 3rd place whilst Massa overtook him. With the softer tyres I lapped 3 consecutive times below my previous lap record, with a peak in 1:27.8 on the penultimate lap. I won the race by 40 seconds on Massa, who was 5 seconds ahead of Kobayashi, whilst Button was 5th behind Petrov.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 3: Malaysia
    Again I decided to qualify in Q3 using the hard tyres, but this time luckily I used the softs in Q1 and Q2, as my first run in Q3 was only worth 4th place. I decided to switch to new tyres and improved to take pole by 7 tenths on Alonso, as Button struggled to 9th. I did not have the pace to build a gap from Alonso who was on the option compound, but I held the lead until he pitted on lap 5. I hoped he found he traffic which slowed him down but I also pushed harder than before, but as I saw Alguersuari within 10 seconds of me on lap 7 I decided not to pit, afraid he might wait another lap and rob me of the Grand Slam. That proved not to be the case and I lost a pair of seconds on that extra lap, which proved crucial as Alonso took the lead by that margin. I couldn’t get closer on my out-lap, but a perfect one on lap 10 brought me within a second of the Ferrari. I attacked him on the inside of turn 1 of the last lap and I made the move stick, as Alonso surrendered and dropped 1.5s behind me. I won ahead of Alonso, Webber and Kobayashi, as Button recovered a position to finish 8th. Already at this early stage in the championship, only me, my team mate and Massa have scored in all three races.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 4: China
    I tried to take pole with the hard tyres, and luckily I set a great lap which gave me pole by 3 tenths on Webber, whilst Button was 5th. He jumped Rosberg at the start but was on a two-stop strategy and pitted on lap 2, whilst I had the same pace as Webber and I kept him 2 seconds behind me until he stopped on lap 5. Button then rose to third behind the Australian once the others pitted, including me: I did so on lap 7 and held the lead by 2.5s on the Red Bull driver. Button pitted again on lap 9 and dropped to 10th, knocking Massa out of the points: now we are the only drivers to have scored in every race, as I won ahead of Webber and Vettel.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 5: Spain
    Now at the most awaited race of the year, where I only scored one pole position and usually lost places in the race, I still managed to take pole on the hard tyres by less than a tenth on Rosberg, while Button qualified 4th. That proved useless as it rained on race day, which was good news for me as I tend to go even faster than the others on the wet. The forecast was cloudy, though, and everyone started on intermediates. I chose the wet weather tyres and that proved a smart move as I was faster than anyone else in the first few laps. I put Rosberg over a second behind me but he stayed there while the others faded further away. I pitted as soon as my times started getting worse even though the track was still a little wet, on lap 6 of 13. I immediately put on the soft slick tyres, which weren’t supposed to take me to the end, but I hoped the cold temperatures and the water would have helped them resist a little longer. I was last when I came out as I was the first to stop, but already from the following lap drivers started pitting, and I started cutting into Rosberg’s lead. He waited too long and I re-took the virtual lead on lap 10, because Senna right ahead of me hadn’t pitted yet. Rosberg had just overtaken di Grassi when he spun and dropped down to sixth, and when Senna pitted Vettel was my closest rival. I was already at the end of my tyres’ life cycle and the German destroyed my seven-second lead within two laps. He was 2.5s behind as I started lap 12, and right onto my tail at the start of the final lap. I knew that if my tyres did not betray me right then, my defensive driving would have been enough to keep him behind. It was tough, as Alonso also caught up with us, but I managed to do so and won the race. Vettel was handed a 20-second time penalty and dropped down to 11th, promoting Alonso and Petrov onto the podium but leaving Button in 12th, his first race out of the points, meaning I’m the only one never to have finished outside the top ten.

Race 6: Monaco
    I started the weekend with a bad setup but I improved it session by session, until I took pole; Button was 5th. I held the lead at the start of the race and I didn’t worry about building a gap on my rivals as I could slow them down until they pitted. That happened around lap 5, so I started pushing and Schumacher followed me. He pitted on lap 7 and I decided to anticipate my stop to lap 9 to maintain the lead. I exited ahead of Schumacher and set the fastest lap, earning a few tenths each lap, but the final two were increasingly tough as my tyres degraded. I beat Schumacher to win, Kovalainen was third, Sutil fourth and Button 5th.

Race 7: Turkey
    I planned on taking pole on the hard tyres, but Q3 was very wet and I took pole by 8 seconds on Sutil, Alonso and Button. Alonso overtook Sutil at turn 1 but the German quickly recovered and attacked the Spaniard, the pair crossing the finish line on lap 1 with the same time to the thousandth. Sutil returned in second place and started chasing me, but I held him between one and two seconds behind me. He pitted on lap 5 but as he was soon back in second place, ahead of drivers who hadn’t pitted yet, I anticipated my stop by one lap and pitted on lap 7, coming out less than two seconds ahead of me. I was in trouble controlling the lead and after setting the fastest lap won ahead of Sutil, Webber and the other Force India of Liuzzi. Button was 19th, having run in 3rd, as he tried yet again to make a two-stop strategy work.

Race 8: Canada
    I took pole on hard tyres by 3.2s on Alonso and 3.4s on Button with the weekend’s fastest time, a 1:16.075. The race was wet and the forecast said it was going to rain throughout the race, so yet again I did the opposite of the other drivers and started on full wets rather than on intermediates. I immediately pulled away, reaching the low 1:18s. Halfway-through the race, some drivers changed to new inters, perhaps some changed to the slicks. Button was 2nd and pitted on lap 10: either he left the change to new inters too late or he pitted again to put slick tyres. Either way, he dropped down to 8th, where he remained. On that same lap, I lapped Trulli, but on lap 11 I felt my tyres were degrading, as I spun three times. I stopped at the end of the lap and put on soft tyres, with which I lowered my personal best on the out-lap. I then set a 1:15.978, the new fastest lap of the weekend, and lapped Glock and Chandhok and, at the final chicane, Trulli again. It was my sixth grand slam of the year, and my fifth in Canada in seven appearances; Webber became the second driver (after me) to score four podiums; he and Schumacher have the most points-scores after me (seven times in eight races); Kubica scored his first points with a fifth place.

Race 9: Europe
    After leading all three practice sessions to allow McLaren to finally upgrade the car with the “fast” engine mode, I led all three qualifying sessions on the hard tyres to take pole by 4 tenths on Webber and 6 on Button. I moved to the left at the start to cover Webber, and Button took second place. Alonso and Alguersuari scrapped for third place, with the former winning, but it cost them both many seconds. I pulled away from Button and he did the same from the others. He pitted on lap 4 and only lost one position, which he took back on lap 6 when Alonso pitted. When I stopped on lap 7 I came out with 5 seconds on my team mate, and doubled that in three laps on the soft tyres, winning by 10 seconds on Button, Alonso and Alguersuari. Schumacher was 5th, Webber in 8th extended his streak of consecutive points-finishes while Buemi binned his best chance so far to score points as he started 5th, but only finished 17th. Button’s first podium of the year also brought us our first one-two since we became team mates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 10: Great Britain
    In Q1 Button was faster than anyone else by over a second, and I was second on hard tyres. In Q2, I led Button by a tenth and we were both 1.3s quicker than the rest of the drivers. In Q3, Jenson was inexplicably one-and-a-half seconds slower than his previous best time, and I took provisional pole by one second. I further improved that by 9 tenths while Button improved to take second by 4 tenths, and the rest of the top 10 was over a second behind us. After a lap-long battle with the two Mercedes, Jenson and I pulled away and he led most cars in the pits on lap 3. That cost him a lot as he fell in the traffic and lost time and positions. I continued until lap 7 extending my lead on my virtual pursuers, and I came out 10 seconds ahead of Webber, whilst Alguersuari had climbed to 4th and Button was 5th. We finished in that order, with Schumacher completing the podium.

Race 11: Germany
    I took pole on hard tyres by 1.4s on Massa, Button was 4th at +1.8s. Sutil jumped into second place from third on the grid at the start, and Alonso took fourth place off Button. Alonso pitted on lap 2 and Massa on lap 3 to leave Liuzzi third on lap 4, and when Sutil pitted Liuzzi became second for one lap. That extra lap proved crucial as Liuzzi re-emerged behind Sutil after the pit stop. I lapped consistently in the 1:20s from lap 2 to lap 8, and pitted on lap 9 to put soft tyres on. I lapped consistently in the 1:18s from lap 11 to lap 13, when I won by almost ten seconds on the two Force Indias, followed by Alonso and Button. Webber and Massa failed to score, the Australian ending his streak of consecutive points finishes at 9.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 12: Hungary
    I led all sessions on the hard compound tyres and took pole with the first lap of the weekend to go under the 1m 23s benchmark; Jenson was only 16th. Schumacher passed Webber at the start and the pair stayed onto my tail for the first laps. Vettel was first to pit on lap 3, then, one lap at the time, Webber and Schumacher pitted, and then I started lapping better. I realised Vettel was virtually the leader as he was only 13s behind me, and I reacted instinctively, pitting one lap earlier. I came out 4th, 3 seconds behind the German. Only then did it occur to me that he may have been on a two-stop strategy, which he was, and he pitted on lap 10, two laps later. That also meant that if I’d stopped when I was meant to I would’ve lost the possibility to score a grand slam anyhow. I was now five seconds ahead of Rosberg and a further five ahead of Schumacher, which was reassuring as I neither could neither wanted to go too fast. My tyres degraded quickly and Rosberg cut that gap to nothing on the last lap, but I won ahead of him and Kobayashi, who overtook Schumacher. Fifth was de la Rosa, making it a memorable day for Sauber, and Trulli in 7th and Liuzzi in 9th place made it three Italians in the top ten. This means only Buemi, Chandhok and Glock are yet to score their first points. I interrupted my record after six consecutive grand slams, but am still at 14 consecutive doubles and counting (including two of the past season). I picked Webber as my rival before the weekend but he finished outside of the points in 17th place, behind Button, and so did my other main rival, Alonso, who was 14th. The top 22 drivers were covered by less than 20 seconds, with Senna a further 3 and di Grassi a further 17 seconds behind. I have mathematically clinched the drivers’ title with six races left: Webber is on 108 points to my 300.

Race 13: Belgium
    I took pole on hard tyres by 6 seconds on Rosberg, because I was the only one to take to the track straight away before it started raining. The race was run under a downpour and everyone started and finished the race on the same wet tyres. I kept the lead and extended it easily and quickly, whilst behind me Rosberg led Kobayashi, Webber and Button. Nothing changed between these four and when the rain decreased I even went 1.5s per lap quicker in the final half of the race. I won with 52.7s on Rosberg and 59.7 on Kobayashi, whilst Chandhok closed the field 1m 38s behind me. For the first time of the year we had the same podium twice in a row, and it’s also the first time someone other than me finishes twice in a row in the same podium position.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 14: Italy
    Me, Alonso and Massa led all three qualifying sessions in the same order, whilst Button was 18th and out in Q1. I took pole on hard tyres but the race started under heavy rain, and the other drivers and I used full-wets. The rain did not decrease until the final three laps, and I escaped from my rivals’ sight straight away. The conditions were so dreadful to start with that I ran wide onto the grass at turn 1 for the first two laps, and then skidded sideways onto the kerb for the following two laps, before I sorted the braking out. It wasn’t a perfect race with regards to my driving, but even with the engine on “cruise” mode I won by 30 seconds on Massa and 42 on Kubica, both of which had overtaken Alonso at turn 1. Webber started and finished 11th whilst Button spent the whole race in 17th just to fall to 19th at the end. Buemi salvaged 9th having started 6th and scored the first points of the season for him. McLaren have mathematically won the constructors’ championship.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.