F1 Games

iRacing Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    Joey-Poey
    Participant

Fun fact: GSRC is broadcasting two of the World Cup races. If you make it in ours, I’ll try and give you a shout, George :)

George
    Participant

Today or in the final? (just did my first race, came 3rd in top split)

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Not today. I’ll check our schedule but it’s in November.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Alas, we’re broadcasting group D, so it won’t be your group :(. We’ll be broadcasting the Nov. 8th races.

George
    Participant

D is an interesting group, I have no idea who’ll come out on top there. I haven’t driven the RUF since it was released so I’ve got some catching up to do :P

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Texas is heavily favored right now. The group is organized and have a large pool to choose from.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Thoughts on the new build? I bought the V8 Supercar and 5 more tracks (approaching all road courses now… thanksfully!).

I didn’t try the Ford before, ofc, so I have no parameters for comparision but the Holden is incredibly difficult to drive ! It just spins its rear tyres at every bump. It gets light at the rear very easily!

Team racing seems very well thought of and I’m looking forward trying that out too! We should team up together guys!

George
    Participant

We could try a 24 Heures du Fun race later if you want, although there doesn’t seem to be any qualifying so the first lap could get pretty interesting.

There was quite a bit of talk before this week about how the new V8 would be easier to drive, but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty much the same as the old one (a nightmare) :P. I haven’t driven any of my normal cars yet so can’t comment on the tyre change.

I’m still in World Cup mode at the minute, a lot of our best drivers are tied up with other races so we might struggle to make the final this year.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

The old one didn’t seem that terribly hard to drive, but then I also felt at home inside the Lotus 49 before they took away it’s bite. Haven’t tried the new V8 yet.

As for the 24 hdf, quali happens right before the race in the same session. And let me tell you, after my first one it is a LOT of fun. It’s better with a friend, that’s for sure. But it’s intense knowing you have to perform and then being there to help your teammate with info and hoping they perform just as well. And strategy comes into play with who goes first, when to pit, how to split up stints. I’m so excited for my first 24 hour race. That’s going to be even more interesting to watch unfold.

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

I’ve got into iRacing relatively recently, I’m enjoying it too.

@fer-no65
    I bought the old Ford for a laugh (knowing it was outgoing – although I’m hoping they may not charge for the new COTF Falcon) and the new Holden. The Holden is easier to drive, but you’re right it’s by no means easy. That said, it’s how the car should be. The (real) V8 Supercars are very tough to drive, meaning a lot of skill and experience is required to be fast. You see in the real series that fast drivers from overseas (Premat, Engel, Dahlgren) struggle because the car is so unique and tough to drive – coupled with unfamiliar circuits it’s understandable they struggle to keep up to the homegrown Aussies (and Kiwis) who grow up driving the development series and stuff, so they get used to the car. The COTF certainly updated the V8 Supercars spec to be more like a conventional race car, but they sure as hell aren’t easy to drive GT3-style machinery.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Would love to, @george ! if you want, that is… don’t want to mess up your plans for this week.

We could launch the F1 Fanatic iRacing Team, fully sponsored by F1 Fanatic if someone paints us a livery! what do you say, @keithcollantine ?

Fer no.65
    Participant

What’s your name ingame @vmaxmuffin ? I’ll add you :)

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@fer-no65 The livery has to be the crashed F1Fanatic F1 car! Found when you go to a page that can’t/won’t load (e.g. the researcher forum thread).

Fer no.65
    Participant

Yeah :D

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/F1FanaticErrorPage.jpg

Joey-Poey
    Participant

I’m down to join if you guys would be interested in having me :)

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.