F1 Games

Race Injection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bendanarama
    Participant

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has picked up Race Injection on Steam? (http://store.steampowered.com/app/44680/)

Well worth a look, and I was wondering if anyone fancied a championship – it has touring cars, lower tier formula and even an F1-alike.

I would love to get this game – if only I could afford a PC good enough to run it.

I remember playing GTR2 an awful lot and loving the endurance racing experience immensely. Just a shame that PC gaming is so much more expensive and complicated than console gaming. If SimBin ever ported one of their titles to the PS3, I would be all over that in a heartbeat.

Bendanarama
    Participant

It’s not actually running the GTR2 engine, so it might run you know. I ran it on a laptop with only internal graphics and it ran pretty well.

MuzzleFlash
    Participant

@Magnificent_Geoffrey

Steam has made managing software much more simple, and will even update your video drivers for you. And the RACE/GTREvo series and their add-ons are all about 7 years old now so will run on pretty much anything. The only major expense would be if you needed to buy a new wheel.

I agree it’s daunting though, I was confused as heck when I started PC gaming.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Yeah, if you lower settings, the Race07 Engine now runs very smoothly

Bendanarama
    Participant

To bump this one back up, does anyone fancy putting together a touring car championship? You can add in tracks and cars to Race 07 – you only need the basic one to play – and I’m up for some panel-bashing fun!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have Race 07, which I bought on Steam in the sale a few months back for next to nothing. I’ve gradually been adding the expansion packs to it. Currently have STCC, Race On and the GT pack.

I love racing the Minis and the Touring Cars, but anything that’s real wheel drive is just too much of a handful, which is a shame, as I love GT cars. I built myself a gaming rig last summer so the game looks sublime with everything turned up to full, especially the smoke and dust effects.

@bendana I noticed you had a look at the thread regarding http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk . We’re not just all about Forza, we have threads on our forums dedicated to a few other racing games, including Race 07 (and RacePro) and iRacing. A few of the club members own these games and play from time to time. If enough people are interested we could get a little casual championship going.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Oh, awesome! I hate playing with strangers, so I would prefer to play with a friendly group who don’t take things too seriously, lol!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh we take it seriously… but it doesn’t mean we don’t have oodles of fun whilst doing so!

Bendanarama
    Participant

theres serious, and then theres SERIOUS. Have you got the Formula RaceRoom cars?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh yes, well, we’re more “serious” than SERIOUS. I have the FRR cars, yes.

Bendanarama
    Participant

This may just be me, but haven’t you found they’re possibly the most terrifying F1-sim cars you’ve ever driven?

Also, had a look at your forum. I’m convinced – signing up when i get back from a meeting!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t tried them, to be honest. I really struggle to drive anything on that game aside from the WTCC?STCC cars and the Minis. I use a wheel and pedals, but anything with RWD and a decent amount of horsepower, and it’s spin city. But that’s ok, I could race the Minis or WTCC/STCC cars all day.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Amen to that. I had to leave all the assists on just to make it through a corner. when you try an FRR in cockpit view though, you start to realise just how legitimately terrified Richard Hammond must have been when he drove the Renault F1 car on Top Gear!

MuzzleFlash
    Participant

The BMW 320si is one of the most difficult cars in the game to drive quickly I find. The Caterhams and the WTCC ’87 cars are great fun though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.