F1 Games

Should I get F1 2011 for Christmas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    phil9079
    Participant

Well question is simple. I would like to see some positive and negative points…

Mads
    Participant

Positives: Its a F1 game = Must have.
    Negatives: A few bugs and niggles, but some of the new updates have made things a lot better.
    Just go for it, it is fun and challenging. There are problems, like the AI don’t crash. Ever. And things like that, and the penalty system is flawed, but I can’t help but enjoy it.

phil9079
    Participant

I have F1 2010 but I don’t find it that good, only thing that I found fun was driving with seb…

It’s better than F1 2010. The most fun is to be had from racing with a great bunch of people online like we get in the Collantine Cup. Those sorts of races are worth price of admission alone.

Mads
    Participant

It is a lot better then F1 2010. That game had horrible bugs, including a very weird setup system where 3/1 downforce would be the best at nearly any circuit… You can actually feel the downforce help you in F1 2011, which is nice.
    The cars handle a lot better and are more twitchy. The AI is also better, but still not great.

Asanator
    Participant

IF you are into proper racing games and racing online it is a must have. Especially if you use a steering wheel and pedals, it transforms the game. I would recommend the Logitech GT wheel which you can get for about £80 which is relatively not too expensive and has good force feedback etc. If you’ve got money to burn, the Logitech G27 is just awesome!

Either way F1 2011 is a great game, I recommend it to everyone.

phil9079
    Participant

nah, I “think” I get money to buy 1 game for xmass. so steeringwheel is a no-go for me, also I don’t have enough space for the steering wheel, I have a desk but it’s in glass and it moves too quickly…

Anonymous
    Inactive

if I were you I’d be sensible and buy either Forza motorsport 4 or Gran Turismo 5 (you didn’t state which console you’d potentially be buying it for).

Although if it’s for PC, grab yourself a subscription to iRacing… or download Grand Prix 4.

Estesark
    Participant

I would like to own the game, but I don’t have a console to play it on, or a TV good enough to fully appreciate it. It would become terrible value for money if I bought those as well, just to play it!

phil9079
    Participant

I have a ps3, and I don’t wanna use my pc for games so I guess that clarifies some things…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. Buy the game. It’s quite good. I like it a lot anyway.

Online play is the best aspect of the game. It’s far more satisfying than racing against AI players.

electrolite
    Participant

Yes. For any F1 fan, it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Icthyes
    Participant

Pros: it’s an F1 game and you can race others online
    Cons: penalty system is retarded, career mode gets boring, AI drive like morons and act as if you aren’t there, two patches later and the DRS Zones are still wrong, simple things like the gear ratios lying to you about your top speed.

Get something else, I say.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

it’s christmas, you should be able to find it for cheap.. it’s worth it! even if you buy it so you can T-Bone Sutil every race (hehe)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.