F1 Games

GT5 LMP Intercontinental Championship (PS3)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    JT19
    Participant

It will definitely not clash with GTTCC as I am in that championship as well ;)

matt90
    Participant

@Jonny

I think I have a pair of R10s, so if you can’t find anything I’m pretty sure you can have one of those. I would have sold one already if you could actually get money for the decent cars.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

That sounds absolutely smashing, when will you next be online so that I could swap you one of my cars for it?

I tell you an idea I was going to put forward after the GTTCC.

This, but with 2 separate classes, much like the 4 in the series.

just a thought.

matt90
    Participant

I don’t know, but there’s no rush till the calender’s sorted, so I’ll let you know.

Nice idea Scott, but everybody will want to compete in LMP, unless it’s done first come first serve.

I dunno, I’ve got a tasty Corvette I wouldn’t mind using.

ed24f1
    Participant

I like that calendar!

I would like to see Cape Ring off the calendar though, as I find it an awful track. How about a pure slipstreaming battle at Special Stage Route 7!

Alternatively, just shorten the calendar and leave it off, as it’s starting to get a little long. I’m not sure Tokyo R246 is an ideal track for prototypes either. I’d rather Monaco to that, to be honest.

David-A
    Participant

There is now a Sauber and a CLK-LM in the OCD.

Monaco would be a good idea, and if we’re to have original courses, then Grand Valley, High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain would be better than Cape Ring or SSR7 IMO.

Victorface

Hi all. I’d love to take part in this in the yellow Audi R8. However, I will be leaving for school in a week and a half, so I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to take part in every race.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I like the calendar – but yeah, High Speed Ring I think would be a better choice than Cape Ring.

matt90
    Participant

Apparently I’m the only person who really enjoys Cape Ring. And I’d like to see SS7 because it’s never used in-game so I’ve never raced it. That and having no real rally events is GT5’s biggest flaw.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

I love both the full Cape Ring Circuit and the periphery one, it’s just I don’t think they’d really be suited to endurance racing to be honest. :(

JT19
    Participant

I love Cape Ring as well but I don’t think Monaco would be suitable for 16 LMP cars. Anyways, this calendar is not definitive, its just if anyone liked it. The final calendar will be up when everyone agrees and when we get 16 drivers ;)

ed24f1
    Participant

I just really never liked Cape Ring, mainly as it seems like a bunch of different corners thrown together with no flow to it. I don’t think prototypes really suit it, either, and overtaking would be hard.

Monaco might work in GT5 because it’s much wider than in real life.

I do think that at least a short race at SSR7 would be great, maybe just an exhibition race as a curtin-raiser to one of the other rounds

matt90
    Participant

I get that to some extent. The inside and outside courses don’t gel brilliantly because of the hairpins that connect them, but I really enjoy the range of corners, and find it to be quite an epic track.

Also, can I make the suggestion of Monza without the chicane? It is a track I have never raced because it isn’t used in GT life at all, and as with SSR7 (that has no pit, but might be good for a sprint race, or everybody could run on hards) it would be nice to have an excuse to give it a try.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.