F1 Games

Gran Turismo 6

• This topic has 162 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    andae23
    Participant

That looks insanely realistic..

Prav
    Participant

Pre ordered, delivery on the way. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Fer no.65
    Participant

I can’t wait to hear the elevator-dentist-waiting room music again… we got to wait till Dec 13th over here… LAAAAAAAME !

matt90
    Participant

The embargo has lifted and reviews are in. It says a lot about the graphical brilliance of the circuits and many of the cars, the scale of the game, the variety of cars and circuits, and the presence of night and weather effects that many reviews I’ve seen spend considerable time listing the problems with the game and yet still score it 8 or 9 out of 10.

It sounds as though the AI is no better (although 1 review thought it was). Micro-transactions seem to have no impact on the game generally, although you apparently win cars less frequently now and the seasonal events don’t pay out as well (not that they existed to begin with in GT5 anyway from what I remember, and I think when they were first introduced they didn’t pay as well). Damage has actually been scaled back after being so poorly implemented in GT5- I think I prefer that to leaving it as it was, although I obviously wanted it to be improved instead. Engine sound is apparently still poor.

What disappoints me is that you apparently start every race from the back still. But it sounds like the career mode is beefed up and more fulfilling, which was the biggest change I wanted to see. I might wait until after Christmas to buy it now though, but I am looking forward to it.

Fer no.65
    Participant

I’ve also read that the game looks great but there has been very little changes in terms of the actual driving… which is dissapointing… GT5 was bad enough, and it was easy to improve from such a low…

Reviews usually praise the handling of the cars but from my experience, it’s veyr far from a pretty sensation driving in GT5…

David-A
    Participant

@fer-no65 – What did you find to be wrong with the handling in GT5?

matt90
    Participant

Yeah, all I’ve heard (and experienced in GT5) is how very good the handling is.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@david-a @matt90 the cars don’t loose rear grip very well, they are usually glued to the ground. It’s very difficult to put a foot wrong in those monstrous Super GT cars for example. You can go on/off the throttle on the Suzuka esses without losing traction much. Even on the harpins, you can floor it coming out of them.

And front wheel cars don’t understeer enough, and if you release the brake, they don’t oversteer at all. There’s a constant feel of understeer with every car. It only became a handful on the rain.

I felt it way too easy for my liking, tbh… of course, it’s not a proper sim, but still… I expected more.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m really enjoying it so far. The menus are bright and simple, the pre and post race overlays feel fresh, the car handling is far nicer than 5, the progression is fun and inviting, if still a little easy at this stage.

Looking forward to trying it out with a wheel if I can find somewhere to set it up in the lounge.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Got it ! :) now upgrading it before I play… (how lame is that, really?)

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

In 24 hours of owning the game I’ve completed 21% of the single-player campaign.

The only “limit” the AI seems to be at is an 80 km/h speed limit, which is the only bad part of the whole experience – at least, that’s how it seems in the Novice and National-level races. License tests are no longer a chore, integrating them into career mode was the smartest use of the tests ever. Goodwood is really fun, and so far, of all the cars in my collection, the BRZ, Camaro SS, El Camino 396 and Renault Clio RS are my favorites to drive. And a variety of circuits that puts FM5 to shame.

I’m really liking the game so far. In a lot of ways, it’s the game GT5 should have been.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Did a couple of races, and the changes are there. Not as noticeable, but you feel the car with less grip and a lot more will to slip. Done only FWD cars, tho, let’s see the rest.

My box has the signature of Senna with the legend: “Ayrton Senna Sempre, 20 years”. Wonder what they are planning…

David-A
    Participant

I’ll be getting GT6 sometime next week. From January, I’ll be running some leagues on GT6, here and on PRL, like I did earlier this year, with the Le Mans Series. Hopefully, I’ll be able to find a day/time more appropriate, @fer-no65 , as you showed an interest last time, but couldn’t do Mondays :)

Fer no.65
    Participant

@david-a I can do mondays during the summer here at the southern hemisphere :) today I had my second to last exam, so I’ll be completely free (at laaaaaaaasssssssssst god darn it !) in a week or so.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Gotta say, just tried Willows with the Honda Fit… loved every corner !

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.