F1 Games

Gran Turismo 6

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    matt90
    Participant

I find it a little disconcerting that you can get through 21% of the career in 1 day, seeing as I’ve never done much online myself.

Fer no.65
    Participant

@matt90 I cannot see the events except both B classes, but I don’t think the simulation mode is as long as GT4… it’s much more organized, a whole lot better. The stars system works better than just completing the races… and yeah, the licences are now integrated into it. Sad there’s only 6 tests per licence (so far, only did licence B), and they are way too easy… golded it all in 1 attempt. I liked those in GT4 along with the missions. Something that’s missing from GT these days… they put up a proper challenge.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Handling-wise… much better ! touching the grass really puts you in truble now, it’s veeeeeeeery slippery. And the cars are not so well planted. Did a couple of laps on a Vette C7 at Spa and gotta say I struggled a bit !

MazdaChris
    Participant

I’m really enjoying the new physics model. Finally made the act of just driving a car fun again. And the new tracks are all brilliant additions. I’m looking forward to the next Le Mans league!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am loving the game. the selection of cars is wide and varied, the driven model feels very nice, even with a controller (yet to try my wheel), the menus are finally clear and easy to navigate (and quicker to load), Goodwood is infuriating but gratifying, and the coffee breaks, mission races and licence integration into the game progression is very nice.

But it’s just a shame that none of the races feel like races.

I’m at National A level and still the longest race I’ve done is 3 laps (5 for kart races). Once again every race (bar the kart races… so far) begin with a rolling start which sees you over half a lap behind the leader on some of the shorter circuits. So instead of being a race, I see it more of a “you’ve got 3 laps to pass 9 cars and finish first to achieve gold” challenge. And the AI still drive into you, brake in some of the oddest spots (like a flat-out kink), and generally just follow the racing line at a steady pace like they’re out for a sunday drive.

And I don’t think I’ve worried about not winning a ‘race’ yet, even in a car with 150PP less than the limit. However far you’ve progressed through the field, if you’re not in first place on the final lap, the leader will inexplicably lose speed, his lap time will skyrocket, and you’ll breeze past and onto the win. If you are in the lead, they’ll catch up and ram you. they won’t try to overtake, however, I don’t think the AI knows how to do that.

Apart from that, y’know, good fun. I just can’t wait to race some real people online.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Totally agree. Brilliant driving sim. Racing is basically non-existent. If you want a race you have to go online and race some human being.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Maybe they should just stop trying and make all races like Gold-Silver-Bronze timed laps. I remember the Superlicense in GT2 and GT4, getting gold on all of them, doing a totally flat out lap, it was veeeeery fun and very challenging.

Racing the AI, not so much. Specially when you don’t like the circuit, it’s just a tedious waiting to get to the flag. Cape Ring springs to my mind. Horrible track and incredibly long in some of the versions… you spend 15 minutes doing 3 meaningless laps and there’s no challenge. The seasonal events in GT5 rewarded your speed using a slower car, and it was a bit more challenging getting there… I prefered those, tbh !.

Other than that, I like how the game feels. It’s not a huge step forward, but it’s something. Maybe when we all settle down and play together, we’ll have much more fun !

Fer no.65
    Participant

Also, I got the aniversary car pack. I had not even ordered it, came as standard… weird, I thought you had to pay for it…

Highly recommended: Megane Trophy car… it’s brilliant !

Fer no.65
    Participant

@ajokay @mazdachris @david-a I don’t have many friends in PSN that play Gran Turismo :) Can I add you?

I played the seasonal events yesterday, way too easy to get gold. Even with the joypad. Then I switched to the G27, and took even more time off the gold time. Ridiculous. Maybe if I had you both, I could get a proper competition :P

David-A
    Participant

@fer-no65 – Sounds good ;) , my PSN ID is DAVID_JV

Fer no.65
    Participant

@david-a mine is ferm65 :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fer-no65 ajokay85 is mine. There’s a bunch of us over at http://www.ReallyRubbishRacing.co.uk who have the game and we plan to have some proper championship races in the new year, maybe February time when everyone has got to grips with the game and has a good selection of cars.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Of course. Think mine is just Mazdachris. Looking forward to having some real competition!

Fer no.65
    Participant

@ajokay great, now that I’m really, really finished with the exams, I’ll blast round that forum :)

I see I got the better of you in the Focus at Brands Hatch :P. So far, that is…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fer-no65 you probably have. As soon as get gold on a licence or mission race or whatever, I move on. No interest in bettering my time, I just live driving the circuits in nice cars.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.