F1 Games

What else do you play?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

First up, my apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I couldn’t find anything like it in this forum, and I didn’t see anything like it in the Off-Topic section, but I might have missed something.

Anyway, this might come as a bit of a shock, but I never really enjoyed circuit racing games. I played them a lot when I was younger, but I recently started to get back into gaming, and found myself bored with most racing games. As soon as I got a feel for the handling, it wasn’t too difficult for me to win constantly and consistently, even on higher difficulty settings. Rally games were a different story, since I couldn’t memorise the stages the way I could circuits, so I never got too tired of them.

So I was digging through my collection of gmes the other day, looking for something to fill in a slow weekend, and thus the inspiration for this thread was born: what do you like to play when you’re not playing racing games? And why do you like to play them? I myself was a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and have played through VIII, IX, X and XII several times. I loved getting lost in some of those worlds that were created (tough some were considerably better than others), and working my way through some great stories. I also picked up the rebooted Tomb Raider that was released last week, and after just a few hours with it today, I can honestly say I’m disappointed I never got around to playing the games sooner (though I was a little young for it the first time around).

Silverkeg
    Participant

I haven’t played any of the Final Fantasy games, I played solely racing games when I was younger.

I love playing the Assassins Creed series. The story is so intricate and I love the puzzles and the game dynamics. They look absolutely stunning too, the cities are so detailed and beautiful. I got incredibly engrossed in Assassins Creed 2 especially. I haven’t enjoyed the later games quite as much but still very fun to play.

Bendanarama
    Participant

I kind of fell out of the Final Fantasies after 9, but I’m still into my RPGs. The Mass Effect series takes a serious chunk of my time, and I just finished Dishonored for the third time (No Kill run!) and Saints Row 3.

Slr
    Participant

I play many different games of many different genres. Regarding racing games, I prefer arcade racing games because I prefer the experience of racing rather than simply driving, which is why I would never play a sim and why I never do time trial mode on any racing game. Race Driver Grid is my favourite ever racing game and I can’t wait for Grid 2.

I’ve also played the new Tomb Raider (I think I’ve almost completed it now) and it is highly enjoyable, however the game itself is more like Uncharted (which I also enjoy) than the previous Tomb Raiders as you spend most of the game shooting enemies rather than raiding tombs. My favourite Tomb Raider is probably Tomb Raider Anniversary with Tomb Raider Legend and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light close seconds.

My favourite ever game was SSX 3 as it was just amazing on every level. I’ve also played games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro when I was a kid, I used to love the WWE and Tony Hawk games but now they suck and I also enjoy the games Rockstar make.

GeeMac
    Participant

I loved the Assassin’s Creed and Gears of War series. Both were fantastic and lead to me wasting many many hours of my life!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I absolutely *love* the Assassin’s Creed series of games, with Assassin’s Creed 2 being my favourite of the lot. I’d easily spend hours being totally engrossed in the story, even if I’m not the best at the gameplay. :P My favourite game of recent times is Fallout 3 though, despite all it’s horrendous glitches. When you get that gaming session, where everything works and the game doesn’t crash, it is the best fun. I reckon these two games have done well to grab my attention. Nothing else comes close really.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Gran Turismo 5 and Dirt 3

David-A
    Participant

GTA San Andreas, Vice City, Timesplitters, Ratchet and Clank.

rob lomas
    Participant

skate 3 is a personal favourite of mine

ShaneB457
    Participant

Apart from racing games, I’m a fan of the Lara Croft, Uncharted and Assasins Creed series. But the stand out games I have played are Metal Gear solid (the whole series), Red Dead Redemption and Shadow of the Collosus for PS2. If you have not bought these games I suggest you do as they are just amazing. Call of Duty is also great aswell, with cod 4, World at War and Black Ops being my favourite but I bought Battlefield 3 and I dont think I will ever go back to cod.

PieLighter
    Participant

I’m surprised to be the first one to mention the Elder Scrolls series. Avid player of Skyrim, and a bit of Oblivion and Morrowind as well. Takes up most of my free time, and I’ve been playing Skyrim almost religiously since this time last year (must have clocked about 1,700 hours).
    On PC of course, these massive RPG games do not work well on consoles.

As far as the Final Fantasy series goes, I love VII, played til the third disc of VIII before getting distracted and never going back to it, never played IX, am looking forward to the HD remake of X and played XIII through to Chapter 11 or so until I got distracted like with VIII and haven’t gone back to it since!

Another JRPG that I really enjoy and have played through multiple times and will definitely play again is the original Wild ARMS on the PS1. It was the game that introduced me to RPGs and I love the narrative, characters, music and 2D charm that it had.

Speaking of the PS1, the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy is one of my favourites. Sod all this reboot, Skylander rubbish – the first three games are almost unbeatable and I would LOVE them to do a proper return to the original formula or make a HD remake of the first three.

I have a very strong emotional connection with the original Sonic games too. Sonic 1 on the Master System was the very first game I ever played and owned and the original Mega Drive series is far better than anything Mario or Nintendo ever did or have done since, in my eyes. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the best 2D platformer of all time. Also, Sonic Generations is so good, it almost makes up for all the rubbish that Sonic Team have put out over the last decade.

I’m also a big fan of sports games in general. Despite my dislike of domestic footballing culture, I love the Pro Evo series of football games. I also used to really enjoy 2K Sports’ old NFL games in the mid 2000s. EA’s NHL series is also brilliant, as were THQ’s (RIP) WWE series and Yuke’s UFC Undisputed series.

I’m a PS3 man, and some of the games I’ve really enjoyed this generation include the Assassin’s Creed series (only played 1&2), LittleBigPlanet, L.A. Noire, iNFAMOUS, GTA IV, Portal 1&2, Guitar Hero and Rock Band, the Call of Duty series (I don’t care what people think, the campaigns are solid) and Just Cause 2, which you really should play. As in, seriously.

However, my all-time favourite game franchise has got to be the Metal Gear Solid series. All four main games are outstanding. I’ve never enjoyed a game’s plot as much as I have in the MGS games and the entire series has been put together to perfection. The music is always great, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere and cinematics are brilliant and the thrill you get from successfully sneaking through an area is unmatched. Kojima is God, as far as I’m concerned. Haters gonna hate.

Harry Westwood
    Participant

I’m really into Battlefield 3. I have no dlc’s but I still absolutely adore the game. Got a lot of medals and service stars al great fun, if you’re looking for an fps then this is the one you want (ooorrrrr save up for Battlefield 4 at the end of this year I can’t wait)

Michael
    Participant

Battlefield1943 on Xbox and PS3 – the Lewis Hamilton of gaming – I’ve played it on both, the true successor to Battlefield 2 – So much fun

Red Dead Redemption – the Fernando Alonso of gaming – As red as a Ferrari, almost as good as Battlefield1943…

Mass Effect – Great Scifi series – I could talk to Miranda all day long:-)

Assassin’s Creed – The Sebastian Vettel of gaming – almost the same number of WDCs as yearly sequels in the franchise – Like many mentioned AC2 was the best with Revelations – I have AC3 but it lost me in the beginning

SW The Old Republic – The Jenson Button of gaming – You are the hope of the entire universe – still fun

Battlefield 3 – The Bruno Senna of gaming – So much hope and so few results

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Well, apart from the F1 series, I don’t play many racing games, apart from the odd go on GT5, Racedriver:Grid and NFS:Shift (The latter two aren’t…amazing)

– The Elder Scrolls. More so Skyrim now, but also Oblivion when that was the current of the series, and Skyrim is a fantastic game :D
    – Uncharted. Simply one of the best series of games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Honestly cannot wait for the next instalment.
    – InFamous. Again, another fantastic series, which I love, and could be one of the reasons I get a PS4 (Among others).
    – Star Wars: The Old Republic. Haven’t played it much recently, but still is a really fun game.
    – A lot of the Lord of the Rings games, including Conquest, War in the North and Return of the King on PS2.
    – Various Crash bandicoots on the original Playstation :P
    – Numerous WWE games, though I have ceased purchasing them, as it was generally the same game eventually. Apparently the newest one is a fresh change, but I won’t buy it.
    – Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6. 4 was the first I had played, and it blew me away really. Had to buy 5, which I completed with my girlfriend, and now working through 6. I don’t care what people say about the new one, I’m enjoying it.

It would take a while to go through all of my PS1 games, but these are the more up-to-date of what I play :P. Really want to play the new Tomb Raider, it looks amazing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.