F1 Games

What else do you play?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    GeeMac
    Participant

@spud I know what you mean about AC 4, I passed on it because I really loved the Ezio and Altair stories. My fiancé got me AC4: Black Flag, Forza 5 and an Xbox One at Christmas and I have to say, from what I have played so far, Black Flag is pretty good.

As the central figure of the story Edward doesn’t have quite the same charisma as Ezio and Altair did, but the gameplay is quite good. It is classic AC with a few nice additions thrown in. I’m not a fan of the sea battles part of the game though, but that’s because vehicles in the AC series have never been a strong point for me.

InSilico_
    Participant

@slr @spud
    I actually didn’t find the clickers or the game in general that scary, personally. The most scariest part would probably have been when you were stuck in the hotel basement I think it was and you have to turn on the generator aswell as find a key card.

But @slr, you would not want to play Fallout if you thought that The Last of Us was a scary game! Wandering the wasteland, when anything could attack you at any moment.. creatures like radscorpions, Deathclaws, ghouls, centaurs, mole rats, Yao guai and especially mirelurks.. absolutely terrifying.

Piotr Koteryl
    Participant

Having bought it almost as soon as it was released, I have not really stopped playing Skyrim since. It is a fantastic game, and (having bought her it for Christmas) have now got my girlfriend to start playing it, too…and she loves it!

I also enjoy playing GTA, both IV and V – the idea of this open-world sandbox type game with crime, cars and all kinds of other stuff is just too much fun to ignore.

And of course, there’s Forza 4. One of the best driving games I have ever played, and made all the better by the incorporation of Top Gear’s contribution in terms of the Test Track and the Autovista features. The single player options are fantastic, as are the co-op/splitscreen options, but playing online is another brilliant feature of the game – one that I am missing at the moment, as I am not able to connect to xbox LIVE.

I used to play a lot of HALO, but have recently lost interest in it – mostly down to the fact that I am now at University, and having no internet connection makes the Campaign option just a tad boring having gone through it a couple of times.

I occasionally play on Minecraft with my brother (he’s 17 and studying Computer Game Design – a bright spark if I ever met one). It’s a fun game, but I don’t think I would play it alone – it doesn’t motivate me enough!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The cheesiest suggestion yet (probably) on this thread:
    Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

Slr
    Participant

@insilico I didn’t find the hotel basement to be that scary to be honest, although beforehand my friend told me to run for the door after you turn on the generator, I did that (as opposed to taking on the bloater) and it probably made it a lot less scary for me. I may try to play it again in the future, although another problem I had was that game took way to long for me and I wasn’t enjoying enough to justify completing it.

Funnily enough with Fallout, I was thinking about buying it recently until I looked it up and realised that it probably wasn’t for me. I think the scariest games I can handle are the Tomb Raider which aren’t even meant to be scary.

InSilico_
    Participant

@slr I did the same thing with the generator. I ran to the door the second I turned it on. When I turned a corner, a bloater was there right in my face. Scared the life out of me. Was fun though!

I would actually reccomend Fallout though, regardless of how scary it is and how much you’d probably be scared by it! It’s such an amazing world with great quests and choices you have to make which have a great bearing on what happens in the game. The brilliant 40’s/50’s soundtrack shouldn’t suit an apocalyptic wasteland but it creates an unbeleivable atmosphere. It’s such a vast area with so much to do and see. Just a great game basically.

It is the scariest game I’ve played, but then again I haven’t played that much of them. I’m all about creating the best atmosphere when I play this aswell. So for Fallout, night-time, in the dark, lights off, wearing headphones and volume up fairly loud is usually how and when I play it :) The best way of course!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@slr I have do agree with @insilico here. Fallout 3 has it’s scary moments. The Deathclaw Sanctuary and Old Olney were two places I was nervous to go near until I was forced to so I could complete a quest and get a trophy. I was armed to the teeth with the heaviest of guns and a million stimpaks at the time, but I got my quests done The game overall is so much fun. One of my favourite games of all time. The choices you can make. The *huge* gaming world. All of the weapons. The option of being the “baddie” or the “goodie” if you want to be. I can’t recommend this enough. I would advise to save the game regularly, as it does have a dreadfully annoying habit of crashing at the worst possible time, but looking past that, it’s fantastic.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

The occasional Android game. Gran Turismo 6, Call of Duty, Fifa from time to time, and Pokémon X. I finished Tomb Raider not too long ago (might go for Platinum trophy), and a few others. I do hope to start The Last Of Us once I find a copy cheap enough.

However my true passion in gaming lies in the classics. I’ll never grow tired of my SNES and GameBoy classics!

Steven
    Participant

@slr @insilico @spud Fallout 3 was absolutely legendary; I love that game and its expansion packs. The number of hours I sunk into that game is unhealthy, but there’s nothing else like it. I love how the Evil/Neutral/Good aspect comes down your own actions, rather than ‘pre-selecting’ your character type from the get-go. I never got into it’s counterpart, Oblivion/Skyrim nearly as much as Fallout.

Currently playing Borderlands 2 (also legendary), NHL ’14, and still playing the odd Forza 4 race (all on Xbox 360). I want to get back into Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, but the way my computer is setup (as an HTPC) isn’t really suitable for these types of games.

@craig-o
    I’ll never tire of the classics; SNES games that are forever part of me are Final Fantasy II and III (in NA; in JP it was IV and VI), Zelda: A Link to the Past (epic, absolutely, stunningly, beautifully epic game) and Super Mario World.

Glad to see some gamers on here!

InSilico_
    Participant

@steevkay I’ve played over four days of Fallout 3 in total, but I’ve had it for ages. And it’s only just now where I’ve properly ran out of things to do. I haven’t played Fallout New Vegas yet but I’ve heard it’s also great. I’m going to buy it in a couple of months time, and it’s a great feeling knowing that I’ve not played it yet and it’s going to be a whole new world and new quests which I know nothing about yet.

I love the karma system too. Looking back after finishing the game, I feel I should have been way more evil in some of the decisions I made, just for variety.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

@steevkay I still play Super Mario World (and Super Mario All Stars) whenever it is possible! None of the newer ones have been as good imo. I’ve never fully finished a Zelda game so I may have to give ALTTP a go, especially as I believe it is being remade for the 3DS!

Steven
    Participant

@insilico New Vegas is great fun as well, although I preferred Fallout 3 personally, especially once you had the addon with the higher level cap (Point Lookout, I believe?)

One note I’ll give is that New Vegas was fairly unstable on my PC; you might be better off if you’re playing it on console, but I had situations where as soon as I walked to certain areas or certain doors, the game would crash. The only way to remedy this was to find a door that wouldn’t crash the game, exit/return to reload the level, and then continue playing. Once you figure it out, it’s not too bad, but as it is with Fallout 3, having the game crash could mean a lot of lost playtime.

If you like that, Borderlands are similar in that it’s an FPS with RPG elements. Not nearly as detailed as Fallout 3/New Vegas, but it’s a creatively conceived game, and very fun (if you can get used to the humor).

Steven
    Participant

@craig-o A Link to the Past pretty much set the standard for the Zelda games, and I think was a conceptual basis for future games, like Ocarina of Time (i.e. two worlds that you need to travel between to finish the game).

A Link to the Past remake would be awesome, as long as they didn’t change the fundamental feel/mechanics of the game. A graphics refresh would be welcome, but I would want them to maintain the 2D, top-down perspective instead of recreating in 3D (although that would be cool in itself).

If it does get remade, definitely get it! Otherwise, if you have an old SNES, maybe you can find a copy for relatively cheap (these should be plentiful).

InSilico_
    Participant

@steevkay How do you get the extra content like point lookout? I know Fallout 3 has a game of the year edition with all the extra features. Does New Vegas have something like this aswell?

Also I think I’ve been lucky with Fallout 3 because it hasn’t crashed a lot and I’ve seen a fair amount of glitches but nowhere near the amount other people have experienced.

Steven
    Participant

@insilico I got them as DLCs on Steam. Fallout 3 was very stable for me, it was only New Vegas that was not.

I’m not really sure if New Vegas got the same DLC treatment that Fallout 3 did; to be honest, I don’t think I ever finished New Vegas since other things had come up (you know, that little annoyance called ‘life’) and forgot about it.

I believe the GOTY edition includes all the DLCs anyway. Operation Anchorage wasn’t that great, but you do end up with some awesome items (Stealth suits, Railgun sniper rifles); the Pitt was forgettable; Broken Steel is the essential one, and after a quick Google search, this is the one that has the level 30 cap. Point Lookout is also an excellent addon. Mothership Zeta is also largely forgettable, in my opinion.

If you were to only get two DLCs, it would be Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.