F1 Games

What’s your favorite driving wheel for PS3?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JustinF1
    Participant

I want to get a wheel for my PS3 but wanted read your opinions and preferences before I buy. Thanx =)

Paulocreed
    Participant

The Logitech G27 is probably the best bang for the buck you’ll find out there. It also work for PC which is a bonus. I have one, with a playseat. I have a few issues with the playseat but nonetheless it’s great for the price and really fun.

Asanator
    Participant

Yep, I have the Logitech G27 and have used a few others, nothing comes close in all honesty!

Yepega

I highly recommend the Fanatec GT2, great wheel.

DamionShadows
    Participant

I ordered the Logitech PS3 Driving Force GT wheel along with rFactor, GTR Evo, and Richard Burns rally about a day ago. I would agree the G27 is probably the best way to go, but it’s kind of expensive. Mine hasn’t shipped yet, so i’ll let you know in a couple of days if it’s any good.

Hare
    Participant

@DamionShadows and how did it go?

I’m going to buy a racing set up. PS3, few racing games, playseat and steering wheel. So I’m looking around.

@Paulocreed What issues did you have with the Playseat?

sam eras

that is goood

Mads
    Participant

I think the G27 gives you the best bang for the buck, but there are better wheels out there.

Paulocreed
    Participant

@hare It’s mainly just the way the chassis is. There’s this bar that’s in the center for the steering wheel and it sort of blocks the pedals. You’ll see what I mean if you look it up on youtube. I personally don’t like the seat position either so I took out the “seat” pillow that’s given and made my own.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is really good. There are probably better ones out there, but it was great value for money and a sturdy piece of kit too. I’d highly recommend it.

DamionShadows
    Participant

@hare Whoops, it took a little more than a couple of days :) The Driving Force wheel hasn’t given me any problems. rFactor and RBR have a few issues with button mapping where everytime you start the game you have to reset them, but the wheel and pedals work flawlessly.

I haven’t tried it with Gran Turismo 5 or any PS3 games, but it should work fine since it was made for GT5. At some point I plan on buying a second hand car seat and building my own setup and maybe joining iRacing or something similar and giving it a decent try!

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

@spud On Amazon it says the GT is made specifically for GT5. How does it fare with F1 2011? Does it work just as well? Are there any niggly little glitches that you have found?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jonnyw360f1 I think that’s true that it was made for GT5 but it works very well with F1 2011. I have found no glitches at all with mine. As far as I’m aware, @damonsmedley has the same wheel as I do, and you know from racing him in the Collantine Cup, it seems to work quite well for him (to say the least!). It’s not very expensive at all. I really can’t fault it. For me, it has made gaming massively more fun, so I’d highly recommend investing in one.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@Spud @JonnyW360F1 One advantage the DFGT has over the G27s and G25s is that the paddles are located on the back of the part of the wheel that spins as you turn. So you don’t have to move your hands to shift when going through corners as the paddles are right under your fingers.

Jonny, watch this video for a decent look at how it works! (Excuse my terrible driving)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7ggQ529gA

George
    Participant

Yeah the DFGT is generally recognised as the best budget alternative to a G27/Fanatec. I use a G25 and my brother has a G27, the G27 has a much smoother wheel action (this might be due to the 25 being a few years older), but it lacks a sequential shifter which I use a lot in slower cars. The G27 also has 4 more buttons on the wheel which can come in handy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.