F1

2012 McLaren livery

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Jezson
    Participant

@everyone – Thanks for the very kind comments, guys! You’re all lovely, lovely people.

@Electrolite, @Icthyes – I think I’ll do the retro look and try the white and red to keep me busy, but it might not turn out so well. Making it brighter and doing what I have to do to make it white, might make it look unrealistic and pants… but I’ll give it a damn good go.

@Prisoner Monkeys – Cheers for the backup! :)

@The Last Pope – Great idea! I might have a go at the Caterham (last years, as the new one is a dog), it’s just finding decent, hi res images of it. Other peole should have a go too!

Any other liveries around?

Calum
    Participant

Hi res 2011 Team Lotus?
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/trul_lotu_barc_2011-3.jpg

Would be interesting to see inverted yellow and green with black text. Unfortunately I have neither the skills or patience (or Photoshop software!) to try!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

It looks really, really good! I bet it would look stunning under the lights of Singapore.

Jezson
    Participant

Cheers for the image, Calum. It ideally needs to be on a white background though. The only pictures I can find of the T128, annoyingly have a Caterham in the way. I’ve heard studio shots of the CT01 are coming mid Feb, so i guess I could use those. Have to wait and see what they look like.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Or imagine Toro Rosso being like this (again, mockup by @jezson ):

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@pjtierney – I’m pretty sure @jezson doesn’t need to imagine the Toro Rosso looking like that, because he’s the one who made that livery in the first place.

electrolite
    Participant

I see what you mean about the white being difficult to make look real. That Toro Rosso looks insane!

Asanator
    Participant

The Black/Grey one at the start of this thread looks like a Minardi!

The White/Red one above looks awful and more reminiscent of an HRT than the McLaren of old.

btw, my comments are not a criticism of the artist who did them, they are really good!!

mrjlr93
    Participant

@PJ you should send that to Toro Rosso through twitter or any other way and see if they respond back

Jezson
    Participant

@pjtierney – If you do, you can credit me. Thanks. Same to anyone else. :)

Right, here’s my go at the retro white McLaren. I couldn’t be doing with getting rid of the black, It’d take too much time, seeing as I’m doing these in my lunch breaks. Looks a bit HRTish, thanks to the rims.

See what you think!

McLaren_MP4-27_White

Estesark
    Participant

I think McLaren should use that livery when they race in Japan. Good work again!

electrolite
    Participant

That McLaren!!

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Honestly I really love that, Jezson! I think it’d be fantastic if they ran the car like that.

Icthyes
    Participant

@Jezson even better! So beautiful/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.