F1

2013 British Grand Prix Awards

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Sri Harsha
    Participant

@Chiz Salvaging 15 points in a car which was AT EQUAL BEST in the overall. Wasn’t BEST DRIVER OF THE DAY

mnmracer
    Participant

I love how people just randomly pull numbers out of the hat to make Ferrari look bad and Alonso look great. 5th best? Why not 12th best while you’re at it!

wsrgo
    Participant

@mnmracer Your love of irrationality, unsubstantiation and anti-Alonso rhetoric is also well known to all. And budding Neweys like yourself should tell us exactly why you think the Ferrari was so quick. I remember you telling everyone last year that Alonso did not overtake anyone at Valencia.

mnmracer
    Participant

@wsrgo
    Kind of rich to talk of unsubstantiation when you completely lack that yourself. No substantiation why you believe this random speed allocation holds any merit, nor why you believe the hard data on overtakes is incorrect.

If reality doesn’t line up with your dream world, making unsubstantiated claims won’t magically make things real. The amount of overtakes and on who of people is simple, hard data available to anyone. If you don’t want to look at it because it doesn’t line up with your perception of reality, that’s your problem, but to then talk of “irrationality, unsubstantiation”, is mindbogglingly crazy.

wsrgo
    Participant

@mnmracer So hard data suggests Alonso made no overtakes in Valencia last year? Also does it suggest that he had the fastest car at Silverstone this year?

mnmracer
    Participant

I doubt I said no overtakes.
    Alonso jumped Button at the start, caught Rosberg and di Resta on lap 1, and passed Hülkenberg, Maldonado and Grosjean on track. He made 4 other moves on drivers that had 15 lap older tires than him.

mnmracer
    Participant

I said it is ridiculous to suggest it had the 5th fastest car. How does that equate to fastest car? Are you just trolling now?

wsrgo
    Participant

@mnmracer : I guess most f1fanatic users know full well who the real troll here is. Anyway, i am nowhere suggesting that he had the 5th fastest car, but the Ferrari was certainly slower than the RB,Merc and Lotus.
    And FA passed the 4 cars on 15 lap older tyres in record time, within a lap and didnt bang wheels with them or get himself turned around unlike Vettel at Brazil last year. :)

mnmracer
    Participant

@wsrgo
    Most users will recognize a real troll to be someone who starts bitching about something he then claims he doesn’t even contest (why do you start bitching when I challenge someone’s claim that Ferrari had the 5th fastest car?). They will recognize a real troll to be someone who makes a false statement about someone else, implying he said something he never did. And they will recognize a real troll to be someone to start an irrelevant argument, looking to challenge something that was never said, rather than apologize for the disrespect for making the false claim to start with.

Go home petty boy.

mnmracer
    Participant

Also, since I “love unsubstantiation”, your statement about Alonso overtaking four cars in one lap is also false. He overtook Webber Senna, Schumacher and di Resta in laps 18 – 22.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.