F1

Another works team?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Just found this article (http://www.f1today.net/en/news/force-india-is-for-sale-and-renault-is-interested?) about a rumour Renault is considering buying out the Force India team. That would be better for the sport in some ways as you would have 4 works teams who are all well funded so could make for closer racing, however its bad as it would be another loss of a small team and the chance for drivers/ team personal to be given chance to prove their capabilities.

What do you think?

@f1fanf1fan And Red Bull would be….what? After all that’s happened to Team Enstone?

Just part of the silly season if you ask me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As rumours go, it ranks up there with ‘Audi to come to F1’ … total fiction!

Besides, what have the manufacturers ever done for F1? And why are fans so desperate for them?

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I would love to see Audi in F1, starting a German team in the old Toyota style is even better. It’ll be like the 1930’s GP heyday! Add in Haas for 11 and a US team and F1 is on a great footing going forwards again.

Dan
    Participant

Personally I would love to see Porsche supplying engines/ or becoming a works team i.e. buy Marrsuia or Caterham. Be great to get F1 back on a strong footing going forwards again

Anonymous
    Inactive

@f1fanf1fan I don’t know how young you are, but Porsche’s last entry to F1 was a disaster! Supplying a heavy lump of a V12 engine to Footwork/Arrows in 1991, which could barely even qualify, let alone score points. I don’t think they’ve been keen to come back since!

@fastiesty
    I fear Audi/VW in F1 would be just like Toyota or Ford/Jaguar – a nightmare of corporate interference and head office board members muscling in. Having car company people involved always ends in tears!

Nick
    Participant

F1Today is still around?

I wonder when they’re bringing back the ‘Alonso to Enstone’ rumors next.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.