F1

Best F1 pass of 2011: Your nominations

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Viktor Andersson
    Participant

Webber vs. Alonso at Eau Rouge – that one took some guts…

Younger Hamii
    Participant

5 Nominees

1.Hamii on Fernando – Silverstone 2011 – On the Inside of Copse,which was damp on Slicks, Classic Lewis Hamilton & Senna esq once again

2.Jenson on Felipe – Silverstone 2011 – We saw a more aggressive Button in his Home GP & going around the outside of Massa at Stowe Corner with perseverance was surely another side of him.

3.Fernando on RBs & Lewis – Spain 2011 – His starts have been absolutely sublime & Spain in particular was no exception,Showed Bravery & great reflexes in the process

4.Lewis on Felipe – Spa 2011 – On the Grass heading to one of the most challenging & one of the fastest corners on the F1 Calendar;Pouhon.Once again it demonstrated Classic LH presenting & taking opportunities

5.Mark on Fernando – Spa 2011 – DC’s eyes was literally away from the screen & i couldnt believe it either,Around the outside of Alonso at Eau Rouge is something not only brave but defiant,also having commitment & trust in Alonso.

Chris
    Participant

matt90 – starts at about 1.04 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS38nBvRXYo

Just one race to go this year, keep your nominations coming in as we’ll be voting on these soon…

Girts
    Participant

In Abu Dhabi, Kovalainen in a Lotus managed to overtake one of the established teams’ cars (1:20-1:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOCyLfvNVw

Girts
    Participant

And here’s how Kobayashi overtook two HRTs at once (he wasn’t lapping them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFjps6prOg

Andy G
    Participant

I’m only nominating ones that I think are on an even level in terms of skill/cajones. There were far more ‘good’ overtakes but none as great as the 8 I’ve listed below. In no particular order (also including fights with no final position change):

a. Hamilton on Alonso (Great Britain) –
    For: Incredible balls and skill, going on the wet track on slicks AND making the pass stick against the eventual winner of the GP, in an inferior car on the day.
    Against: Lewis was lighter on fuel

b. Hamilton on Button (China)
    For: Zero(?) previous overtakes at this corner, same cars on a similar strategy, daring move which released him to overtake others for the win
    Against: If Jenson didn’t spot Lewis at the last moment…

c. Alonso on Everyone (Spain)
    For: Best start of the year, from 5th to 1st in only a few hundred metres, lightning quick reflexes and anticipation
    Against: Was at the 1st corner and not a ‘normal’ overtake

d. Hamilton on Alonso (Germany)
    For: Some distance behind Alonso before the corner, still managed to go around the outside, quick reactions to choose out rather than in, managed to defend a similar move by Webber a lap earlier
    Against: Alonso on ‘colder’ tyres, Hamilton had a natural better line out of Turn 1 due to pit exit

e. Button and Hamilton (Hungary)
    For: A thrilling 2-3 lap battle between 2 classy drivers, holding nothing back but still not touching each other, a battle between Lewis’ wet-weather skills vs Jenson’s pace on a damp track
    Against: Button failed to get ahead of Hamilton on track, battle cut short by McLaren calling Lewis into pits

f. Webber on Alonso (Belgium)
    For: The speed that both cars were travelling at, the trust placed in Fernando to yield, the possible dire consequences if it failed, the commitment
    Against: Not as technically brilliant as some of the other overtakes mentioned, Eau Rouge not the demon of a corner it once was

g. Vettel on Alonso (Italy)
    For: Fernando left Seb half a car’s width and he still got through, keeping it together on the outside AND on the grass, visually stunning pass, showed Lewis how it should be done on that corner (ie not the inside), set up the victory
    Against: Set up another dominant win for Seb ;)

h. Hamilton and Webber (Korea)
    For: A great lap of wheel to wheel action, several passes and repasses, Lewis showing how to defend in a slower car
    Against: No actual overtake

I realise these are all top 5 cars, but I guess me memory fails due to the lesser coverage given to midfield teams… apologies!

matt90
    Participant

I’m not impressed by that Kovalainen one because he had to run off the track to make it stick.

Kobayashi on two HRTs HAS to be on the list. #biased

Asanator
    Participant

Oooh…Massa overtakes Rosberg – Monaco 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNzmjUSKr8U

wasiF1
    Participant

Webber on Alonso,the run through Eau Rouge was top shot.
    The one of Vettel on Alonso on Curva Grande was some thing special indeed.
    Hamilton on Schumi was great as well.

Ritvik Vinodkumar
    Participant
    celeste
    Participant

I will said:
    Vettel on Alonso at Monza
    Vettel on Hamilton at Korea
    Mark on Alonzo at Spa
    Vettel on Rosberg at Spa
    Massa on Button and Webber at Korea
    Massa on Kobayashi at Canada

Dave Tett
    Participant

my top three passes of 2011;

1) Mark Webber on Fernando Alonso, Eau Rouge, Spa
    2) Sebastian Vettel on Fernando Alonso, Curva Grande, Monza
    3) Michael Schumacher on Felipe Massa & Kamui Kobayashi, Canada (Reminded me of the old Schumacher)

kbcusa
    Participant

Most ballsy: Vettel on Alonso at Monza

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.