F1

Bottas vs Ricciardo – Formula Renault 2.0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

I found this brilliant video. At the time, both Valtteri and Daniel were only 18 years old:

Bottas ended up beating Ricciardo that season, by 3 points:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Eurocup_Formula_Renault_2.0_season#Championship_standings

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

I watched this clip a while back too, amazing to see how far they have come!

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

And what was the result of the first race? 1: Bottas, 2: Caldarelli, 3: Merhi, 4: Ricciardo

No wonder Caldarelli and Merhi, who are both a little younger than Bottas/Ricciardo, are now in the frame for a Caterham seat. They’ve been taking the di Resta route to F1.. better late than never!

PS. Those cars and Silverstone… what a great match, sliding, room to pass, no kerbs or asphalt run-offs everywhere..

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

18? In Formula Renault 2.0? They’ll be too old by the time they get to Formula One, they won’t be any good by then!

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

In all seriousness though, that was some cracking racing from the pair of them.

wsrgo
    Participant

Funny how the commentator is more concerned about who’s finishing ninth than fourth, just because he’s British.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

It’s also interesting to see some names there that you have never really heard of… investigation makes it clear that Meijer for example (the other race winner in that season, after Bottas, Ricciardo and Merhi) clearly has the talent but not the funding, spending 2 years out at one point from just that. But this was pre-recession.. I doubt there are even any seats about for talented but penniless drivers now..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.