F1

Luca di Montezemelo to leave Ferrari?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Force Maikel
    Participant

Big rumours in the Italian press and on Twitter, apparently Luca is being kicked out by Fiat and he has found a new job at Etihad Airlines.

Fiat chairman John Elkann is being reported as the man to fill in the gapp.

What do you reckon? Italian media jumping on a bandwagon or reality?

wsrgo
    Participant

How do you fire a president? I thought he/she is the one who does all the firing :P

The fish stinks from the head.

andae23
    Participant

I’ve read somewhere that he would become non-executive director or something? The point of this story was that Di Montezemolo would not leave Ferrari to (be able to) join Alitalia.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bad news for fans of other teams :))

Nick
    Participant

As a Ferrari fan, I would be sad to see him go, while I’d be happy with a more modern leader.

But for the sake of poor F1 journalism, I hope none of this is true, just to see some websites having to put their foot in mouth again..

Uzair Syed
    Participant

It would be a good riddance if Luca di Montezemolo left Ferrari. He is always complaining all the time when Ferrari aren’t winning, always wants his way and calling the drivers ‘Taxi drivers’ when we have seen some great racing this year. He sacks people all the time and threatens to pull out of the sport when things go wrong. This is not how you lead a team. I’m sorry Luca, but your time is up!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Luca di M is a horrible character, but he’s way to powerful at Fiat/Ferrari to be ousted. And it seems current Ferrari thinking is to have all Italians in charge (as opposed to ‘foreigners’ like Brawn, Todt, Byrne, etc) – so as long as the Italians are running the show, don’t expect things to improve!

Nick
    Participant

@junior-pilot I’m pretty sure James Allison, Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis are not Italian.

We’re also living in a different world than the late 80s and early 90s. Mattiacci worked in the UK for some time and has dealt with various cultures. Having Italian leadership at Ferrari today is not the same as it was in the 70s or 80s. There is a lot more to a company’s culture than just the leadership.

That being said, I’m not at all surprised nothing has come of this rumor and the websites who were presenting it as fact have done nothing to restore their credibility. I guess not everything has improved with internet journalism..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.