F1

Briatore on Top Gear with Bernie and Horner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Movement

Basically during the build-up to the monaco grand prix, the BBC filmed a section for Top Gear, which involved driving Bernie, Briatore, and Horner, around the track. Anyway, I personally think it is pretty awful that a man who is still serving a ban from working in the sport, for the worst example of cheating in F1 recent history, has been given a public platform as big as the BBC. Remember the BBC sell the program all over the world. It will be watched by millions, many of them unaware of Briatore’s past.

What are people’s thoughts? Is it appropriate that a man serving a ban should be included on the show? Or am I overeacting?

I have submitted some feedback to the tog gear program, to express my distaste. If anyone feels similarly inclined, take two minutes to write at this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/

Asanator
    Participant

I think you are definitely overeating and your wife/girlfriend/partner should put you on a strict diet at once!

Movement

haha very good, i’ve changed that!

Asanator
    Participant

Well now it just makes no sense and I look like the fool!!! ;)

Asanator
    Participant

Oh was that Flavio was it? It looked to me like someone who had eaten Flavio! with his massive pork chop jowls and hams for hands, no it didn’t offend me, it made me laugh seeing him and May crammed into that little car (cut to Hammond and Horner with all the space in the world in theirs)with a look on his pudgy face like he had trapped wind which was probably from the Piquet pie he’d just finished before getting into the thing!

bdgza
    Participant
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

I don’t quite understand what the point in that feature was at all. I dislike Ecclestone just as much as Briatore so I was annoyed to see both of them being celebrated by the BBC

DavidS
    Participant

It’s only a TV show, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Also, it’s funny that they paired Bernie with Jeremy, the height discrepancy is enormous.

VettelS

As much as I dislike Briatore, his suspension from F1 is hardly a reason for him not to appear on television.

Chippie
    Participant

TV isn’t a reality show, whereby you may ‘vote off’ anyone you don’t want to watch anymore. You can use the ‘licence fee’ argument with the BBC, but unless over 50% of the licence fee payers object to any BBC decision, there is little logic in the BBC changing it’s program content based on a minority’s objection. Besides, Flavio’s English probably isn’t perfect and I bet Top Gear are going to make some good jokes at his expense without him even realizing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.