F1

Caterham 2015 driver lineup ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    WheelToWheel
    Participant

It’s a king hurdle to climb, but if Caterham made it to 2015, who would they sign up?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Whoever comes along with the most money.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Me and @Bradley13? I’m sure we can have a whip round.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Ooo, I like that idea @JamieFranklinF1! I’ve just found £6.43 in my wallet, along with a £10 Argos voucher and a Waterstones loyalty card :P

Mathers
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 and @Bradley13 Can I be your race engineer? I’ve got a student loan that I’m not using for anything exciting we can spend on development?

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

@Mathers @Bradley13 Looking good, guys! I’m getting into a more management role with Santander now, so I’ll persuade them to sponsor Caterham instead ;)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@JamieFranklinF1 @mathers – Ah… this seems familiar…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry @Bradley13 and @JamieFranklinF1 I’ve just outbid you for the Caterham drive … I have a £20 WH Smith gift card, £120 in Nectar points and £7.50 in my wallet! See ya guys!

George
    Participant

I heard Bernie might be looking for a job soon…

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Some say I’m the next Jack Brabham ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ide – Inoue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They should go for the young Maldonados – Cecotto + Canamasas! They have the money to race for several seasons in GP2, despite the cars they destroy. And while Cecotto has become consistent I’m sure all it would take for the battle to start would be Canamasas running into him at the first race. They should be far behind everyone else so no one else should be at risk!

If they can’t tie any type of partnership with an existing team (but both McLaren and Ferrari wouldn’t agree with the Renault engines, and Lotus are out of money) they would likely pick either a super-pay driver and a good driver with experience (Vergne?) or two pay-drivers. Stevens should be on top of that list as he raced in Abu Dhabi, but they could pick Merhi, rent a car to Red Bull for Gasly (like Ricciardo at HRT) if he doesn’t sign with DAMS in GP2, rush a promise like Ocon to F1 or take Sirotkin if he still has backing. I think Palmer and Rossi could buy the seat for at least some races, Chilton might be there keeping an eye on the availability too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I can’t have the seat (!) then it should be Jolyon Palmer and Alexander Rossi.

Would love for Rossi to bring Verizon in as a sponsor – another backer to snub McLaren!

Alex Cross
    Participant

They may go for Esteban Gutierrez, he has quite a bit of money doesnt he?

hunocsi
    Participant

@ajcross Gutierrez said he has big plans for the long-term future, a test or reserve driver role is more likely at a bigger team for him, maybe at Lotus.
    I think Stevens would be surely one of their drivers the other might be Merhi.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.