F1

Channel 4's F1 coverage: What should the theme tune be?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Dandy Warhols – Bohemian Like You

I really like that intro, and the bit were he says ‘Yea I like you’, edit it so its just those bits it could be really good.

the_narv
    Participant
    Locky
    Participant

This would be my choice:
    Royal Blood – Out of the Black

Or just make Gran Turismo players happy and use

or

or

JackySteeg
    Participant

This is the one for me:

@jackysteeg what about

?

matt90
    Participant

This worked pretty well in a Netflix ad last year. I think I can see it with clips of racing.

AmbroseRPM
    Participant

I feel that Deliah by Florence and the Machine could work and be portrayed to the younger audience.

Maybe there won’t be a change?

Sure enough:

Uzair Syed
    Participant

I’m very happy with this. When you think of music associated with F1, you think of The Chain. It’s just meant to be. Thank you Channel 4. Already doing better than ITV.

George
    Participant

I’m sure some people will complain, but for me The Chain and F1 are synonymous. It’s not like it’s hugely important though, they still have to get the rest of the show right :).

JackySteeg
    Participant

With that settled, I suppose the next question is: who should the commentators be?

George
    Participant

Hopefully they keep at least one of the current commentators, preferably both as they have a good partnership I think. Edwards and Coulthard can be a little ‘vanilla’, but having seen how bad it can be with Legard and the motoGP commentators on BT sport, I’m dreading a change there. If the commentators know less about the race than I do I tend to get rather agitated and sweary :P.

Broke84
    Participant

Basically it has to be instrumental, The Chain worked well as the montage of crashes and close overtakes went with the guitar. Probably for me a snippet of Led Zeppelins Kashmir would work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.