F1

‘I don’t like Vettel’

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PorscheF1
    Participant

Each era has it’s own great drivers, to compare them against a different era is madness. In my opinion (and that’s all it is) this era has to be Alonso and Hamilton, and to a lesser extent Button. I begrudgingly have to include Vettel in this, only because of the car supplied to him by Adrian Newey. Rant over :-)

I didn’t knew this was still a thing?

Where is this massive horde of people saying Hamilton is winning only because of the car, surely those who said it about Vettel have is busy writing it down on every single forum about Hamilton too. Luckily F1Fanatic is spared of it although some posters still seem to have a proper grudge towards the driver.

As for all those diminishing Schumacher’s achievements because he’s been number 1 in the team? Vettel was VERY CLEARLY number 1 when at Red Bull . . . Silverstone 2010 and Malaysia 2013 are prime examples of that as well as Istanbul 2010. Red Bull always favoured Vettel, so please don’t go around taking away the achievements of such a great driver. Schumacher earned all of his titles and, in MY PERSONAL OPINION, Vettel did not. As for 2007? Hamilton was incredible but, when it came down to the wire, he wasn’t able to take it. McLaren even wanted to appeal the results and Hamilton said no . . . Because he believed Räikkönen deserved to win it.

I guess this person didn’t watch Malaysia 2013 then…

Vettel….you must be joking. Vettel got his schooled by a rookie in his own team. Unless Newey builds him another trick rocket he will never win another championships. In Canada he couldn’t even reach the podium with the car that had fastest lap

Every knowledgeable F1-fan knows the fastest lap set by your teammate on ss is the stat to judge the race on. Vettel should have won Canada obviously because the car could do one lap in the 1:16s…

With every ‘fan’ spitting on the internet there are others reading it and thinking it confirms their own gibberish. keeping this nonsense alive, a real shame though.

Atticus
    Participant

I agree.

Still, come to think of it, it will be very very hard to choose ‘that’ next driver after Schumacher. The Fangio, Moss, Clark, Stewart, etc. one.

As much as I hate to admit, I feel like Alonso will drop out due to his constant bad team choices – and not even his two early titles will help him out in that regard. His unforgiving drivings might.

I think it’ll boil down to Vettel and Hamilton, but even one of those two will have to go; they share the exact same era. Alonso may fit in with one of them, just like Prost did with Senna despite having a largely overlapping career, because he started out earlier.

Only time will tell this one though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.