F1

Drivers signatures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Simmons
    Participant

My wife and I are off to the British gp this year for the whole weekend, we would like to know where do the drivers do the meet, greet and signings,
    Cheers Stu

PorscheF1
    Participant

I have been to several GP and never managed to get one even though I almost always went three days. Going to the WEC this weekend at Spa and most likely I’ll end up with signatures of the entire grid thanks to the free pitwalk…

Dan
    Participant

was there any particular drivers autograph you wanted? If so email/ ring the relevant teams press office and get hold of a copy of there public/press appearance schedule as they will have it worked out more less were they will be at any point during the weekend. Back in 2005 i went to silverstone and over heard two members of the press dsccusing Montoya’s appearance schedule and that he would be appearing at the team stand at 4pm for interview and autographs (if memory serves) so i made sure i was there in time to get to the front of the queue

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’ll be very hard to get close to drivers during an F1 weekend. Best places to get driver signatures are at mid-season tests, and shows and exhibitions (like Autosport International). Dan is right about going to the press office of the teams – if you find a nice picture of the driver off the internet, get it laminated, post it to the press office of that team, you stand a good chance of it getting signed and posted back to you.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I have also known people to just send photographs to drivers their homes.

poletopole
    Participant

British GP is one of the worst for meeting the drivers. A few tips…
    1. Some of the campsites have late afternoon or evening driver appearances. Force india were at Woodlands last year and Red Bull have been at Whittlebury on Saturday evenings before that. The campsite twitter feeds are best way to find these in advance. Talking of Whittlebury..lots of the drivers stay at the hotel there and normally a few fans are hanging about outside, so that must have some success but personally never tried it.
    2. Not as good as it used to be but some of the stands around the track still have a driver appearance. These are often advertised on the stand beforehand so keep an eye out as you walk around.
    3. There is normally a Saturday signing session with all the drivers but this is restricted access. Lots of the tickets are given away on the E-Zone entertainment areas. So if you have good F1 knowledge or are happy making a fool of yourself doing games on stage then you may well have a chance.
    4. The after race party – Sunday from 4’ish most of the drivers stop to sign a few items at the back stage gate.
    5. I have heard of people waiting at the Paddock entrance tunnel on the old start finish straight..never done this as my kids are keen for an autograph but not that keen.
    6. Go to a European GP! Most have a Pit Walk with driver sessions on Thursday. It is normally possible to get 60% of the drivers at these.
    7. Kick any e-bay warriors out of the way:-) You can spot them as they are over-weight, balding and always have a miniture Lewis helmet, six Alonso home printed pictures and an old minichamp model of a Brawn F1 for signing …Grrr.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.