F1

F1 fantasy leagues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Penfold
    Participant

I’m rather partial to a spot of the old fantasy league action and so if anyone has a site they’d recommend please post them up; secondly, there’s a small league called MF1 that I’ve played for years which is in need of fresh blood, so consider this a shameless request for new players. Ideally I’d now put up a link to the site for you to peruse the game’s rules, but Matt, site supremo, is part way through a re-design and so there is just this holding page: http://minardif1.org/

Okay then, the basics: You have two main drivers across the season, only one of whom can be from a top 4 team (as defined by the previous year’s WCC standings); each race you also select someone to be your third, or ‘weekly’ pick, but only once per season for each driver.

Scoring: To keep the competition close, points are awarded thusly (does anyone still use that word?) for where your drivers place: 1st) 23 pts, 2nd) 22 pts, 3rd) 21 pts, and so on. There are also bonus points for pole positions and for weekly picks finishing on the podium.

Now to avoid a bunch of identical entries, which would see the league decided on weekly picks, MF1 operates a ‘no two teams the same’ policy. This is achieved by selecting second drivers by means of a draft system, wherein competitors are separated into groups according to their choice of first driver, randomly ordered, and then take turns picking driver no. 2.

Right then, what else… well it’s free to play, and there’s even a small cash prize for the ‘overall’ and ‘weekly’ champions.

This is all a bit last minute given that the ‘draft’ begins on 10th March, but should you wish to give it a go please e-mail the following info. to: matt@minardif1.org

1) Username
    2) E-mail
    3) Nationality
    4) First driver pick

Hopefully that all makes sense and thanks for reading,
    Tony.

jh1806
    Participant

http://www.fantasyracers.com/

I’ve played on this over the last few years, I have a personal league with some friends. It’s excellent!

Penfold
    Participant

Oh yes, fantasyracers, that’s the only other league I’ve played in the last couple of years. It is indeed excellent. Do you know whether anyone organises an f1fanatic mini-league on the site? Might be worth setting one up if nobody else has already done so.

Delta Golf Sierra
    Participant

Is anyone else playing at fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com ?

I’ve not played it before, but it looks pretty good. I’d like to start a mini-league, if I knew of some others who are playing.

F1Fan
    Participant

I play the game on PFF1.net for several years. It’s a quite detailed Fantasy F1 competition.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Crofty – as in the Sky Sports commentator, has a mini-league on Hhonors. I’d be in for another mini-league if anyone fancies?

http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com/league.aspx?page=ladmin&id=12476

sbl on tour
    Participant

sbl started in 2000, won it once, thought i,d had it in the bag a few times only to have it snatched away.
    winner gets a trophy/money
    money prize for each gp
    if you remember jeax san frontiers/stuart hall where you could double your points with a joker, we have the bernie, which count for double points, which can be played twice during the season

sbl on tour
    Participant

forgot to say, friendships have been lost over the years cos of this

Delta Golf Sierra
    Participant

Bendanarama – start one up and give me the password, and I’ll join.

Penfold
    Participant

Count me in for an Hhonors mini-league.

Also, there’s still time to join the MF1 league I waffled on about in my first post; ’tis a simple game so will consume but a tiny portion of your life. And that’s my last plug for it.

magon4
    Participant

F1 Manager at kicker.de is a good one for german players.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Okay folks, the HHonors mini-league is called “F1F fantasy league” and the password is f1fanatic

Penfold
    Participant

Joined mini-league as ‘Foggy Notion’.

The 100 million budget gets tight at the end… had to compromise on the constructors to ensure a decent bevy of drivers.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Yeah, I had to do some creative transferring to get a more balanced team in the end. Sorry it took a while to approve you, I was doing some work on a different floor!

Penfold
    Participant

If I was handling the approvals it would be a miracle if they were ever done within 24 hours.

I see we’ve both gone for the ‘three top drivers plus whoever else I can scrape up from the bottom of the barrel’ approach. Seems a sound strategy… in theory.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.