F1

F1 magazine ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    australian
    Participant

For a number of years now I have been buying “f1 racing” magazine. It is promoted heavily as australias only exclusive magazine. Interestingly I was in the united states a month back and saw the same magazine with USA ads. The question I have is- is this actually a u.k. Magazine also with rebranded ads for Australia ? Can anyone recommend any other good f1 magazines?

damonsmedley
    Participant

If you open to the first page, it has a list of all the countries it is published in. :-)

australian
    Participant

Yes I have since seen that, published through haymarket media, they are Australian as far as I know, I’m trying to confirm if it Is actually an Australian magazine? And can u recommend any others?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

No, it’s not an Australian magazine. It never has been, and it never will be. I have issues from as far back as November 1997, and they have never been an Australian publication. Haymarket Media is a division of the Haymarket Group, which is based in the UK. They own Autosport, for one. They might have an Australian distribution arm, but they are ultiamtely a British-owned enterprise.

The magazine is made in the UK. It is then distributed to thirty different nations/regions/locations as the official magazine of that region.

australian
    Participant

Thankyou, that is the answer I was looking for, so basically it is the biggest f1 magazine in the world.

australian
    Participant

Thankyou, that is the answer I was looking for, so basically it is the biggest f1 magazine in the world.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Yes I have since seen that, published through haymarket media, they are Australian as far as I know, I’m trying to confirm if it Is actually an Australian magazine?

No, I meant the huge list of countries. It’s a UK based magazine as far as I know, but it is distributed around the world where the local advertisements are added.

sbl on tour
    Participant

you know what, dont do mags any more, use F1 Fanatic forum instead! plus the beeb and official F1

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I find it hard to justify spending a £5er on it given that i’m never off this site for more than 12 hours.

It is a good magazine though, nice to flick through.

MattHT
    Participant

Good for reading on a long plane/train/bus journey I find, but magazines are largely useless when websites like this exist these days!

Autosport is quite good for keeping up with other racing formats too, but haven’t bought it in a long while now.

TrueF1Grit

I just subscribed to Autosport for the new season :) Got my second issue today. I love their features, IRL coverage and WRC reports :) (And the F1 Stuff to obviously)

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I have no idea what their readership levels numbers are so I could be wrong here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if F1 magazines are going out of popularity these days (particularly Autosport). Why shell out a load of money on magazines when there is so much F1 coverage on the internet? Take F1 Racing, for example. Consider what it offers, and its internet alternatives

News analysis – Joe Saward

Photographs – F1 Fanatic

Quizzes – Sporcle

Letters page – Readers comments on any reputable F1 site- F1F for example

Interviews – Autosport.com/ F1.com

‘You ask the questions’ – Twitter (to an extent)

Technichal analysis – Scarbs F1

Race Reports – Everywhere

As far as I can tell the only thing which magazines offer which the internet doesn’t is a nice glossy physical product. I don’t think that’s worth the expense

Macca
    Participant

I used to read Motoracing Australia but they have stopped making that. Though they still do thier F1 special every year called 20,000 RPM (Which makes no sence anymore because F1 cars are restricted to 18,000 RPM) :)

Katy
    Participant

I agree that you can get everything online now-a-days but I still love occasionally getting magazines, I love the season preview magazines especially. Having big pictures of the cars makes it easier to compare how the cars look and you get a better impression of the liveries :) I love just relaxing on the sofa with a cup of tea flicking through a mag, not really the same when you do it with a laptop.

People in the UK should get the Guardian on Monday, there’s a season preview mag in it :) http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/competition/2011/mar/15/f1-2011

manatcna
    Participant

I stopped buying Autosport because the F1 coverage was only a page or two.

The rest of the mag taken up with other (non-F1) events and adverts.

Plus F1Fanatic is much better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.