F1

F1 Turkey GP 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Vene
    Participant

I didnt see a thread for the upcoming F1 Turkish GP in October 2021.

I am going to see the race, located in Gold 4 Open Air.

We are planning to stay in Istanbul, near Taksim Square.

Is anyone else here coming to GP?

Nahuel
    Participant

Hi Vene. I’m also coming to the Turkish GP and also staying near Taksim Square.
    I don’t know if there will be any shuttle buses to arrive directly to the track. Some people told me that due to heavy traffic it could take up to 3 hours.
    It seems the best way to arrive is taking a bus to Sabiha Gokcen Airport and a taxi to the track (15 min)

Vene
    Participant

Okay, great! Same plans then. The intercitypark posts some info in their Instagram, but ofc all the posts are in Turkish :)

You are gonna take the bus from Taksim to the Airport and the taxi? And the same way back I assume.

In which grandstand are u in?

Malhotra
    Participant

Hello, I am attending the GP too. Glad to see some discussions on this, I’m not from turkey so quite unaware where to stay and how to get there. I’ll take a look at the route suggested above..
    Im in Silver 8 (turn 12)
    Maybe it would be better for us to travel together xD

Vene
    Participant

Hahhah maybe it would! Im from Finland :) so not local either.

Where have you bought the tickets? I bought them from official f1 ticket store, but havent received the e-tickets yet, have you?

Nahuel
    Participant

I bought the tickets from the website of the track. It’s called biletix. I received them immediately via email.

Actually this week the organisation announced how to get to the track. There will be a bus from different metro stations. Coming from Taksim the best choice is to take Marmaray and then the bus at Pendik Yth Station wich goes directly to F1. I don’t know how to attach photos of it. Check on the Istanbul Park Twitter account

I’m coming from Spain by the way, neither local

Nahuel
    Participant

Oh I forgot, I’ll be in turn 8!

I have a huge dilemma about whether to skip or not Friday practice. I also want to sightseeing Istanbul

It’s the first time I’m attending to a GP so I don’t really know. What do you think?

Malhotra
    Participant

Ah well small world!! I’m from India, but I’m currently studying at Aalto University haha! I’m flying down from Helsinki on Friday evening, so I’ll miss Friday practice :/
    I’ve reserved Monday for some sight seeing, but yes I’ve read that if you attend all three days that’s about 15 hours of traveling..
    I haven’t got my e-ticket either.
    Hey Nahuel! Awesome, maybe I’ll see you there. Will let u know when I get my seat number and all that. Thanks for the tip on the routes!

Vene
    Participant

Hahhah nice Malhotra! I live in Helsinki :) we fly early Thursday morning and leave Monday.

What does your f1 ticket account say
    about the ticket?

Malhotra
    Participant

great, if you attend on Friday, pls let us know how you went about getting there, shuttle tickets and anything u feel is relevant :)

The website just shows my orders and that it is accepted. I wrote to the customer service but haven’t got a response yet :/

Malhotra
    Participant

Also this is the first time i’m attending a GP, so I really have no idea what to expect and how to be prepared!

Nahuel
    Participant

Hi Malholtra. I think we’re at different locations, I’ll be at turn 8 and you mentioned turn 12.

As I said before, I bought the tickets from the official website of Istanbul Park, Biletix which is Ticketmaster Turkey, and I already have my ticket, the billing and I could pick my seat.

Where did you guys bought it? Maybe it wasn’t the official website. I hope it isn’t a scam

Vene
    Participant

I contacted customer service as well, still no response. I bought tickets from the official store, tickets.formula1.com, so dont believe its a scam…
    I try to call them later today.

I will try to have the time to inform you Malhotra about the transportation etc, if l have wifi etc enough at the hotel!

Please tell if you get the tickets or response from the store!

Malhotra
    Participant

I managed to get through to them, they said tickets will be sent by tonight or tomorrow morning latest!

Vene
    Participant

Me too, they told that we receive the tickets today, and we did! Great :)

They told that they are gonna send some ”instruction” but haven received any

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.