F1

Ferrari racing news no. 22 – different engine cover?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone seen Ferraris new video the 22nd news video, Bianchi is there shown driving the Ferrari in Fiorano moving aside of the bit about in season testing isnt that a very strange engine cover for the F150th italia, promotional videos are just excuses for more testing but I still think we need a bit of clarification about “promotional videos”

OK, here’s the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8i331uRn8

Bianchi driving from around 14:45.

The engine cover does look different to what they’ve run recently – not 100% sure it’s new, but good spot if it is!

raymondu999
    Participant

@UKFan if it’s in a promotional video it’s not new. Promotional videos, after a clarification last year, are only allowed to use the car in a spec that has been raced before

This looks like the same cover in the background of this picture from India:

http://t.co/oLGj04XC

F1abw
    Participant

@keithcollantine I think the one that Bianchi is using is a different one to what you have shown in India. The ‘fin’ on the back of the engine cover that Bianchi is using sees to be one solid part all the way down the cover, pause at 15:16, whereas the one in India doesn’t run the full length of the body work, if that makes sense.
    The India engine cover seems to look more like the one which Massa was using earlier on in the video, between 1:40 and 1:44.
    Might just be my bad eyes in the morning but that’s how I see it

According to Craig Scarborough: “That bodywork was tested earlier this year for hot races. So its not new.”

http://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/statuses/129487478812975105

I’ve had a look at pictures from some of the hotter races (Valencia, Sepang) and I’ve not seen anywhere it’s actually been raced yet – may have missed it though.

raymondu999
    Participant

The regs are pretty watertight since the clarification last year – you must have raced the part before if you want to put it in a promo video

Force Maikel
    Participant

But how does this rule apply during pre-season testing? Is it allowed then to use un-raced parts?

raymondu999
    Participant

@force-maikel are you asking about what parts can be used in testing, or what parts can be used in promo videos, DURING testing?

Force Maikel
    Participant

@raymondu999 yes if they make a promo video during testing can they use un-raced parts. The above rule says a team can only make a promo video with raced parts how does this rule aply during testing. Does it not aply or is their another rule? Because i can remember sauber shot its promo video a day before official testing began.

raymondu999
    Participant

I must admit I’m more familiar with tech regs if anything. I could be wrong – but I believe in that case you can’t use that year’s car – i.e. you have to use a previous car, which would then still apply to the “raced parts” rule

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thanks after the India practice sessions I certain that something was wrong here, but im I now clarified, still smart move.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.