F1

FOM F1 Music 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Journeyer
    Participant

As requested by Scribe in the BBC F1 music thread, I’ve created a thread for the FOM F1 race edit music.

With the Canada review going up at the time of writing, they’ve used the following songs to date:

1. Bahrain: Bohemian Like You – The Dandy Warhols

2. Australia: Burn It to the Ground – Nickelback

3. Malaysia: Live ‘n’ Love – Stereophonics

4. China: Umbrella – Manic Street Preachers

5. Spain: My Own Worst Enemy – Stereophonics

6. Monaco: Hot N’ Fun – N.E.R.D and Nelly Furtado / Thnks Fr Th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy

7. Turkey: Watercolour – Pendulum

8. Canada: Champagne – Cavo

The race edits usually go up 6 working days after the race (or 5 working days on back-to-backs).

Feel free to ask songs from previous years as well (2008 or 2009).

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Hi, I think it was music from the Monaco 08 race or even Monaco 2007, but what was the song with the lyric ‘I’m on top but you’re trying to stop me now’?

Journeyer
    Participant

Hey Jonny,

Looking up Monaco 08 (race edits only started in 08), they used two songs. One was The Girls by Calvin Harris, and the other was Keep Loving Me by The Draytones. I couldn’t find a song with the exact lyrics you mentioned, but I’m guessing you were referring to Keep Loving Me. Look it up and lemme know if that was the song you had in mind.

James_mc
    Participant

Jonnyw – Give me a day or two, I used to have that song on my computer but I’ve forgotten it. It’ll come back though…

Polishboy808
    Participant

Put you in your place by the sunshine underground has those exact lyrics repeated a lot. I don’t remember the vid but…..

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Thanks everyone, but PolishBoy got it! Thanks mate. :)

James_mc
    Participant

Damn, got beaten to it! Remembered not long after my previous post :-(

Scribe
    Participant

Well thank you very much Journeyer, spotted it very late, but much appreciated all the same.

In the mean time, don’t let the fact that it was brough back by a Nike add put you off, this is a great song here, I suggest it to you all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGaVUApDVuY It’s the Canada song as well, see other music thread.

Journeyer
    Participant

No prob, Scribe. Not sure your link is in the correct thread, though. :)

Scribe
    Participant

I was just highlighting it as a good listen, worthy of most any music threads, seriously what a tune, ive just put it on my ipod.

Journeyer
    Participant

100% agreed with you on that count. The ad is also awesome. :D

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

hi, sorry to bother everyone again, but what is the music used for abu dhabi ’09? :P hope you can help, Scribe! :)

Journeyer
    Participant

Hey jonny – That was New Moon Rising by Wolfmother. Wicked tune, too. :D

nelly
    Participant

the abu dhabi song’s new moon rising by wolfmother i think?? not sure though :)

Journeyer
    Participant

Oooh, and while I’m here, the race edit for Valencia 2010 came out Thursday. The song used was Hard to Beat by Hard-Fi. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.