F1

"Rush" F1 movie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Force Maikel
    Participant

Excellent trailer, better compared to the other two, except for the dubstep ending.

Hooray can’t wait for September to come.

GeeMac
    Participant

I still don’t quite get why they seem to be working on the basis that Hunt and Lauda didn’t know each other before F1, which simply isn’t correct. I hope that it is just a soundbite from earlier in the film being used in the wrong place in the trailer.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

they seem to be working on the basis that Hunt and Lauda didn’t know each other before F1

What makes you think that’s the case?

Nick
    Participant

I think the ‘Who’s that?’ ‘It’s Niki Lauda, he just signed for Ferrari’ sound-byte. I do remember seeing pictures of their Formula 3 cars being used for the movie as well. Could be some added suspense, though.

James_mc
    Participant

Hmmm. It does look very slick, which I guess is a good thing.

However I have my distinct reservations about the following:
    1) – Portrayal of Hunt as the heroic, handsome charismatic Anglophone battling the dull boring robotic Germanic Niki Lauda
    2) – That it will in some ways try to portray Lauda as a coward (the GDPA meeting scene in the trailer implies that it was a motion carried by the majority of drivers to race in Fuji when in reality there was one vote in it)
    3) – That with Lauda being out of action for 2 races is swept under the carpet and that a huge fuss is made of Hunt’s DSQ in Britain.

Others may see the general theme of my comments, but I can’t help thinking that from the trailer, Hunt is going to come out a demi-god and Lauda as a somewhat lesser light. Infact it may well end with “James Hunt died young, Niki Lauda quit the sport to fly aeroplanes”….

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

If those things happen, they will be by-products of the narrative process, done deliberately because they were needed to drive the story forwards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@james_mc
    I believe the voting scene was for the German grand prix as Niki doesn’t look burnt in that scene.
    The vote to race in Germany was carried by the majority of drivers.

In fact I don’t remember there being a vote in Japan and the circuit organisers just forced them to go out on track.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Obviously I can’t give any details of the film but I think I’m safe to say this: there is a lot of extrapolation from the trailer being done above which is leading people to incorrect conclusions about what the film does and doesn’t say.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Trailers are often cut by the studios (or distributors), rather than the actual film-makers. It would not be the first time a trailer misrepresented a film in order to make it appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

Simon
    Participant

I just watched ‘Rush – A look inside’ on Youtube and noticed the original Marlboro sponsorship on the McLaren but it’s been censored/covered up on the new trailer, wonder which version we will get in the UK?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Three new features:

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Can you believe that Rush will open in Singapore 4days after the GP!?!? I was looking forward to seeing the movie there then going to the track and so would 10000 other F1 fans. How dumb is that?

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

A new clip from the film. Lauda and Hunt in a press conference:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.