F1

Grass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Grass – it sits alongside the tarmac of nearly every purpose-built motor racing circuit in the world, yet drivers always try their best to stay off of it. Why is this? Well, it’s hard to control the car on grass, especially under braking. So, why should we have expected Kimi Raikkonen to brake and avoid hitting Sergio Perez after Perez forced Kimi on to the grass? It seems everyone is blaming poor Kimi, but why? Have YOU ever tried to brake an F1 car with two tyres on grass?

Nick
    Participant

Have YOU ever tried to brake an F1 car with two tyres on grass?

I’m quite sure any college professor would tell you ‘if you can’t do it, you cannot judge it’ is a fallacy. Regardless, it’s poor taste and poor argumentation. I could ask you the same question, then I could ask you something completely different to discount your opinion on something else.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Yeah I did think Sergio could have left more room – but in the end it hurt both of them, as he got rear-ended and went straight on. Although it didn’t seem to hamper his race – he probably would have finished in front of Jenson if McLaren didn’t swap them round at the stops. They wanted to guarantee Jenson jumped Grosjean (and maybe Hamilton? who was coming back through, but they just missed that), but then lost the chance for Sergio to pass Ricciardo and secure 7th.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.