F1

How to watch F1 in your region

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

@plushpile

@FunkyF1

I am looking forward to the expanded coverage on Foxtel. TBH I was just waiting for Foxtel to get the F1 before signing up anyway. A mate does work for Fox and he’d said a while ago that this deal was in the works but it was for 2016. It just shows how desperate Ten is that the deal went ahead so quickly and ahead of “schedule”.

hunocsi
    Participant

To follow up my previous comment, Duna indeed does show FP2 repeated Friday evening as it was on M1 before, and as I suspected M4 Sport will broadcast all practice sessions live when they start in July.

Michal
    Participant

Some good news about Malaysian GP viewing numbers. In the USA the Sepang race was watched by 384k people compared to 248k (over 50% gain), the same applies to Italy which recorded 762k compared to 630k despite the race being one hour earlier (effectively at 8am which is quite early as for a Sunday), Germany: they gained a small amount despite earlier start time as well, even in the UK it was an overall number of 4.16m compared to 4.09m although it was a drop of about 17% (probably due to start time) for an actual race. Sadly in my country – Poland – there was a significant drop from 432k to 250k as Kubica-related F1 popularity continue to decline. I hope young GP3 guys can do something about that!

AmbroseRPM
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    Australia
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    Fox Sports
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    All
    4. Do they also show qualifying live?
    All
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
    All
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    Minimum cost $750 on direct debit (incl. standard installation & equipment fees). Cancel fee applies. For extisting customers it costs $50 a month= $600 a year
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm Requires signup and payment
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    Only way to watch every race in Australia

Australia
    Network 10
    Nine from 19 in 2015
    9-19
    Australia only
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    Free to air on digital TV
    http://tenplay.com.au/
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    Nil

GeeMac
    Participant

Slightly off topic, but is anyone else who watches BeIn sports coverage in the Middle East starting to get annoyed at how they feel it is ok to occasionally not show live F1 sessions in English (on Bein Sports 12) as advertised and replace them with prerecorded sports shows (as happened in quali yesterday) or repeats of rubbish football matches or coverage of sports no one cares about. This would be ok if the Arabic on Bein Sports 6 had an alternate language option, but it doesn’t. And it is ALWAYS the English feed that is substituted.

spoutnik
    Participant

Hello Keith,

There is an update to be made for the belgian coverage starting from this year we will broadcast it live too.

in the notes, I’d change:
    Non-live catch-up internet coverage. Replays also available on some games consoles and smart TVs.

by:
    Free live broadcast and catch-up. Replays also available on some games consoles and smart TVs.

We’ve fought hard for this, and hearing about the loss of free coverage in Poland and in Spain, I think that now Belgium is the best place to watch F1 free :)

Regards,

spoutnik

Sven
    Participant

Why no F one race in Sweden when it has many great drivers?

Nick
    Participant

A fair bit has changed since 2014 so I guess I’ll post the current Dutch situation..

Netherlands
    RTL Germany (usually in standard cable subscriptions, not everywhere, though)
    Ziggo Sport (free channel if you are a Ziggo customer, otherwise completely unavailable)
    Ziggo Sport Totaal (pay channel)
    RTL: shows the majority of races and qualifying live, depends on other programming throughout year.
    Ziggo Sport: unknown what they will broadcast at this point, ‘as much as possible’.
    Ziggo Sport totaal: everything live on dedicated channel.
    See above
    RTL has a strange way of deciding what they show and don’t, typically flyaway races allow for FP3 to be broadcast at times nobody’s watching main programming.
    Ziggo Sport: unlikely
    Ziggo Sport Totaal: all of it.
    Ziggo Sport Totaal costs depend on your current cable company and what service you get. If you’re a Ziggo customer, the basic package costs 10 euros a month, the deluxe package with full HD will set you back 15 euros a month. If you have KPN for TV, the costs are not mentioned on the Ziggo Sport website. Canal Digital charges the same as Ziggo for the basic (10 a month) but interestingly enough only 14 for the deluxe package. Having Telfort cable makes the deluxe 15.50 euros, Delta 14.50, Vodafone price isn’t listed, Caiwai is 14.15, Tele2 maintains the 15 euro rate.

As you can see, a clear price for all..
    The 10 euro service that allows you watch everything online or pay per view is available here: http://go.ziggosporttotaal.nl/
    If you have satellite TV, you could possibly receive Channel 4 and watch that instead. SkySportsF1 is ‘available’ in the Netherlands but either requires installation costs beyond belief or activities that are not condoned by Dutch law. There is no longer a Flemmish public broadcaster for F1, so Dutch people in the south are unlikely to be able to catch Walloon RTBF either.

Dutch F1 viewing figures are rumoured to have more than doubled following Max Verstappen’s success, with the Canadian GP in 2014 having 400,000 viewers and the 2015 edition attracting 900,000. However, it’s all a bit shady and inconclusive. When Jos Verstappen drove in F1, viewing figures were closer to 1,2 million. Make of that what you will.

JPQuesado
    Participant

Portugal
    Eurosport (exclusively in Portugal)
    All the races are live.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    If you subscribe to a tv+internet+telephone+mobile provider’s service here in Portugal, you most likely have the channel. For Vodafone, that’s a minimum of €53,8/month (with another 129 channels included), for MEO that’s €53,99/month (with another 144 channels) and for NOS that’s €53,8/month (with another 127 channels). The big change from these last years (since 2007) is that now you no longer have to pay one of these values above per month plus another €25 for the channel that broadcasted F1. Eurosport is pretty much standard all around.
    Yes, through Eurosport Player (I assume).
    No other alternative, but I may say that F1 will get great coverage from Eurosport.

HUHHII
    Participant

Thanks for the info @joao-pedro-cq! I will be in Lisbon during British GP, so this information comes in handy. Looks like I have a good chance of seeing the race at my hotel room or at sports bar :)

Hassan Ali
    Participant

Wow I didn’t know about all these options, thanks! No more being stuck waiting for the bbc highlights for half the races :D

Island_Earth
    Participant

Some changes to Spain coverage:
    – Antena 3 is no longer broadcasting live F1 since this season, so i would delete that row.
    – Teledeporte will broadcast live Race and Qualifying of Spanish GP only. The rest of the weekends they will emit the highlights of the weekend on Sundays. Online live platform: RTVE

KaIIe
    Participant

Small change in Finland:
    The MTV Katsomo online package has been discontinued (priced around € 95 last season, depending when you ordered it), and it has been replaced by a monthly subscription to all of MTV’s sport content that costs a whopping € 24,95/month. So for a season that lasts 9 months it’ll cost € 224.55 to watch F1 online this season. The F1 content on the channel(s) is the same as it has been for the previous two to three years, so there really isn’t any logical reason behind this increase in price (except to force more money out of customers).

(and just a reminder, the Finnish MTV is not “the” MTV aka Music Television)

Enigma
    Participant

For the first time that I remember there will be no F1 coverage in Slovenia. The biggest commercial television used to cover it, then the national broadcaster had F1 for a few years, but not anymore.

The quality was nothing to write home about, to be honest, as there was no programme other than qualifying/race live broadcast with commentary that was not very good. Still, it’s sad to see there’s no coverage now, which will no doubt have a huge effect on the popularity of F1 in Slovenia, which was already getting lower in my view.

Austrian ORF is accessible though, so I’ll be able to watch F1 there. And improve my German!

Island_Earth
    Participant

Is @keithcollantine reading this? Could you update this article http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/F1-information/F1-faq/watch-F1-around-world/ with the last information provided?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.