F1

I have a dream

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    scunnyman
    Participant

As i said befoe this thread is just a bit of fun.

Nick
    Participant

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/24508000/ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

Seriously though, I’ve tried to read the whole thing a couple of times now and just can’t get through it. You might want to read up on how to write a report or advisory letter. It’ll help to make your thoughts clearer and help us to understand them, as well as making it easier to read and follow.

Right now, it’s a bunch of random points. Try to make it a story and if you really want to start a discussion or get other involved in your fun, try engaging your reader. Now you’re halfway between boring and provoking, not consciously I’m sure, but without giving us an indication of what to expect from your wall of text, we’re more likely to make assumptions and feel provoked.

Jon Sandor
    Participant

I counted 33 different suggestions or bullet points there, which is a bit of an idea overload! Let me address an interesting one:

“Telemetry can be used to receive and send information to and from the car
    this is the 21st century and the cars should show this, not return the cars to
    seem like they are from the 50′s”

The logical end point of this is to take the drivers out of the cars completely and have them driven by drivers sitting at control stations in the pits. (Which is not so far-fetched – they say the next generation of fighter aircraft will not have on-board pilots but will be flown remotely) This would certainly be safer, but it would not be F1 as we have known it.

scunnyman
    Participant

@Jon Sandor

Thanks Jon. I hear where you are coming from, though my bullet points are just a starting point for fun discussion. I would think my team in charge of F1 F.I.A would make sure the teams can send information etc… but not to control the car from the pits.

scunnyman
    Participant

I wonder if anyone else will join in on the fun now it has a new thread title.

pH
    Participant

I do not agree with the telemetry argument. If we truly want to go the 21st century, we should put in robots :-). I actually know a couple of guys in a lab next door that are working on AI capable of driving in city traffic, if anything F1 should be easier (more controlled environment). Actually, F1 seems to be moving in a slightly different direction, given the degree of micro-management we see in pit radio transcripts, we are likely to end up with remote controlled cars :-).
    I actually find the degree the drivers are controlled ridiculous. I prefer to see drivers who can make important decisions for themselves, who can see the race developing in their minds, devise strategies. A great driver should be more than just a guy that can ride fast. So in my fantasy F1 I would ban all radio links with the car, the only exception being emergency calls (yellow flags and such). If you want to tell the driver something, use a board on the pit wall. I’d really like to know how the pecking order of the current generation of drivers would change if they had to do their own thinking. I’d expect Alonso to do quite well, I wouldn’t put my money of Hamilton (but I might be wrong), and I really wonder how Vettel would do. We all know about Raikkonen :-).

scunnyman
    Participant

@pH When i talked about Telemetry i mean that as 21st century F1 should be about technology and not about controlling the drivers cars. I totally agree with you abo true drivers being able to think for themselves and not need to le on the teams to guide them. I’m sure in years gone past teams would not dare try and control the likes of Mansell, Senna and Prost.

scunnyman
    Participant

I had a crazy dream last night.

I was at a F1 race and saw a completely black F1 car, with no livery at all. And it was driven a big a really tall guy all dressed in black with a funny shaped Black helmet. The guy had a very raspy voice and kept asking everybody to come over to the dark side.
    When he removed his helmet there was nobody there…………….

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Quite a scary dream looool

scunnyman
    Participant

@Lucas Wilson

Just add the face of the driver you dislike the most lol

Jon Sandor
    Participant

I was at a F1 race and saw a completely black F1 car, with no livery at all. And it was driven a big a really tall guy all dressed in black with a funny shaped Black helmet.

Sounds like you dreamed about a secret Pirelli tyre test. Did Paul Hembery show up at some point?

scunnyman
    Participant

@Jon Sandor

Maybe it WAS Paul driving the car? lol

Max Jacobson
    Participant

What could be a nice idea is to see what each individual person would want to change most about modern F1 @scunnyman to remedy the wall of text problem.

I personally would free up the technical regulations to allow more scope for innovative ideas, as that is what I really find exciting outside of the driver aspect, in tandem with a proper resource restriction. So the sport is less about money and more about brilliant minds inventing brilliant new ways of gaining a competitive edge!

scunnyman
    Participant

@Max Jacobson

Well here goes again, I have already tried replying once today.

The point of my thread was give different subjects for people to have a laugh with and see what ideas they could come up with.
    I think you have a good idea there with technical innovations, but restriction how much they can spend could cause problems.
    Technical innovations cost a lot of money to implement. I would say look at how much companies charge teams for the parts they supply, Brakes, suspension rods etc…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.