F1

Improve the 2012 cars

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    damonsmedley
    Participant

I really like @kittyhawk629‘s effort, but I don’t think it would be allowed as it’s still a high nose. I think all of these ugly cars would never have come about if the FIA had simply said the tip of the nose had to be low, but the rest could be at any height. We’d probably have cars similar to the early 2000s, I should imagine.

ivz
    Participant

@damonsmedley you are right there. The only way to have a smooth line, is to have the very tip of the nose lower than 550mm, like the McLaren.

sam3110
    Participant

How I would improve the Sauber

ivz
    Participant

@sam3110 I like that!!!

damonsmedley
    Participant

Wow, that’s actually gorgeous @sam3110!

I’ve just had a play around with the Sauber in Photoshop myself. My results are very rough and amateur, but you get the idea:

Here I’ve fixed the nose to remove the step, but the tip remains at the same height. I’ve also added the Mexico sponsor to the sidepod to break up the white, and put another red stripe as a transition from the grey to the white at the front of the car, as was already the case for the rear.

Here I’ve coloured the rear wing in the same colour as the front wing, and removed all of the white. I actually quite like it like this!

Jezson
    Participant

A retro Ferrari F2012 I just did at lunch. Didn’t do much, just whacked some old wheels on and gave it a PROPER nose. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75171117@N02/6841685603/

Anonymous
    Inactive
    damonsmedley
    Participant

@ajokay I do not get it.

@Jezson That is brilliant! How are you so good on Photoshop? :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

@damonsmedley I improved the 2012 F1 car by making it into an 2012 IndyCar!

damonsmedley
    Participant

@ajokay But the Indy Cars look absolutely vile! Especially the one in that picture. I’d rather a 2009 BMW with a stepped-nose to that horrible looking thing! :P

Jezson
    Participant

@damonsmedley – Cheers dude. Thankfully, it’s my job… (not photoshopping F1 cars), I’m a Graphic Designer. Combining F1 with my job = what I THINK people call… job satisfaction. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@damonsmedley I think the new IndyCar chassis is the best race car I’ve seen in years, and is certainly more aesthetically pleasing than anything on the F1 grid this year barring possibly the McLaren. These stepped noses just look plain awful, full stop.

GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

After seeing the cars on track, I dont think they look too bad. I like the 2009 onwards cars more than previous cars

ivz
    Participant

Can someone photoshop the McLaren to give it a stepped nose? That would be really interesting! :)

@jezson That is much nicer! Put the front and rear wings in proportion (can’t tell from a side-on view) and we’re onto a winner!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.