F1

Is Virtual Safety Car better than having standing restarts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sri Harsha
    Participant

We all know from 2015 the Safety car deployment means the a standing start, So if VSC is deployed the restart will be not needed for future , which made me think this is a very good rule to avoid the SC rule.
    What you guys think about it

mark adams
    Participant

i think vsc could replace 90% of safety car situations . you would still need safety car for when the track is littered with debris like in singapore. I don’t get the restart after safetycar they would impose next year, first they to x laps behind safetycar then lapped cars amy unlap themselves and then they stop and restart on grid, why don’t they just red flag it and restart when the situation is resolved

George
    Participant

I’m crossing my fingers the standing restart rule is quietly dropped in off-season. No one seems to think it’s a good idea, but like double points if no insiders speak out early enough it’ll just sit there until it’s too late.

Sri Harsha
    Participant

I just hope we get VSC in more situations than normal SC from 2015. The standing restarts will only make mayhem if things go wrong

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Once they work it out, and the FIA don’t stuff up the execution of it (deltas every 50m? That’s ridiculous), it will probably become the norm. Who said F1 is becoming more like a video game?

Dan
    Participant

I agree its a good idea because standing starts are arguably the most exciting/ dangerous part of the race so having that mulitple times during the races would be good for tv, but it is totaly impractical and should be dropped from the rules asap. Imagine that the rule is in place and F1 is racing on an “old school” curcuits such as Monaco, Singapore, Suzuka etc. There is a first lap crash, so the race is red flaged. Then it happens again and again, what damage would that do to F1 & its reputation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.