F1

Jenson Button to demo F1 car in Manchester

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

It’s on annoyingly early. I’m going to have to get up at stupid o’clock in the morning to get down to Manchester in time for the start, and presumably by then all the best vantage points will already be packed…

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I live about an hour and a half away from the centre of Manchester via Leeds, so it’s pretty accessible.

You could always crash on my floor or couch the night before?

The day before the demo will be the Spa GP won’t it?

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Hmm, ’tis an idea. The problem is I’m supposed to be at work on the Sunday! This is all very complicated. Maybe if I give McLaren a ring explaining my situation they might agree to postpone it?

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I’m sure they will be very accommodating ;)

BasCB
    Participant

Great first post Sandlefish. And a nice user alias you have as well. Won’t be able to get over to Manchester for it, not even combine it with Spa :-( but it sounds like a perfect opportunity for some kind of meet up with race+demo.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

For those down south who don’t want to travel all that way, I’ll be pushing a model of Prost’s 1989 championship winning McLaren up the high street in Weston-super-Mare on the same day. Entry is free, although Pasty-based donations would be appreciated.

Rucknar
    Participant

11am on the 19th? That’s not giving him much of a break after the belgium grand prix the day before it! Would love to go but i won’t be back by then!

Antony Butler
    Participant

I will be there, i will be excited!

I am debating weather or not to take my 6year old brother. Im from manc so will just go home and crash at the parents house, and then maybe take my brother too see it too.

Ell
    Participant

This has made my holiday :) Albert Square has great memories from watching City’s homecoming with the FA cup. It better not be a just Vodafone thing. He’ll go home as soon as the Belgium gp is done, which may be early if Vettel hits him ;)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I think anyone can go see the demo but being a Vodafone customer will allow you to enter a couple of competitions.

Sandlefish
    Participant

I’ll definitely be going, and hopefully taking a few people along too. Now to decide where to stand.. The turning circle is by Albert Square so I’m thinking of positioning myself there.

Vodafone have a map on their site for the route: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/consumer/groups/public/documents/assets/vodafone_vip_live_map.pdf

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Bump.

We should really organise something. Who’s going? :)

I am.

davey
    Participant

I’m going, well looking forward to it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will

Antony Butler
    Participant

Could i suggest for a meet up/potential meeting point somewhere around Piccadilly gardens?

One of the most central points, most of the busses stop there, the trams stop there and if you travel to Piccadilly station you have to pass through it too get down to Deansgate. If you travel too Victoria its maybe not worth meeting there though as its closer to go straight to deansgate?

Im from manchester so i know it like the back of my hand and im happy to help arrange things, i live in leeds so will be getting the train on monday morning. So if there is anyone in Leeds who wants to travel with, i think some of us may be already.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.