F1

Karthikeyan v Vettel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    magon4
    Participant

any comments?
    i’d go for karthikeyan 60%, vettel 40%.

raymondu999
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAcNPOSGtU

Going by the footage at 00:50 I’d go for more 100% Karthikeyan. Narain clearly had enough room; and suddenly did a very distinct rightward jink.

damonsmedley
    Participant

100% Vettel’s fault in my opinion. Absolutely dumbfounded by the stewarding decision. It was a bit like Hamilton vs Kobayashi in Spa — Vettel just thought he was clear when he wasn’t.

There was nothing reckless or outrageous about it — it was just a tiny error. Similar to Button, really. They both made mistakes. Difference is, one of them admits to their error…

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I agree with @damonsmedley, both Jenson and Seb made simple error’s with the same driver who made an inspired tyre choice and had a pretty decent race. Neither incident was Karthikeyan’s fault.

Slr
    Participant

Vettel’s fault completely – Vettel made the move across Karthikeyan, Karthikeyan did not run into Vettel at all. But even so, it was racing incident, just like Kobayashi and Hamilton.

Fer no.65
    Participant

100% Vettel fault. Karthikeyan didn’t move and just kept there, it was Vettel that moved back to the line too quickly and touched the HRT’s front wing.

It’s hard to see how this is Karthikeyan’s fault. SV thought he was clear from the HRT when he wasn’t, and that’s very much it, really as @damonsmedley says.

Andy Redden
    Participant

SV conduct after the incident was disgusting and v. bad for a role model as double world champion. Check his interview with the BBC if you can, threw his toys out the pram.

Mads
    Participant

Karthikeyan. From the head on shot you can see Vettel holding his line just fine and then Karthikeyan moving across to the right.
    He even admitted that he hit Vettel, (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98390) he had wheelspin because he got too far up on the curb and he then moved to the right to avoid it, and in the process shredding Vettels’ rear tyre.
    A stupid incident, but ultimately it was Karthikeyan who got too wide on the curb. So he will have to deal with it without taking off another driver.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I agree, slagging Karthikeyan off for an incident which was his own fault is just bad sportsmanship and, I agree, Disgusting. Looks like the pressure of not winning is getting to him.

f1alex
    Participant

I don’t really think it was anyone’s fault particularly, they just seemed to move towards eachother really. One thing though, I really thought Vettel’s hand gestures after the incident (seen on BBC’s post race show) were a bit much. I know that in the heat of the moment it gets frustrating but it just made him seem a little petulant if I’m honest.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Wait… what’s Vettel done? I saw him make a gesture down the back straight as he came into the pits, but that’s all I’ve seen. Anyone got a YouTube link?

George
    Participant

It looked like 100% Karthikeyan’s fault to me, from the front-on view you can see he swipes across behind Vettel, presumably to get in his tow. I seem to remember him getting into trouble near the start too (not when Button hit him), I think considering the circumstances, Vettel’s comments were acceptable.

f1alex
    Participant

@damonsmedley basically he gave Karthikeyan the ‘Vettel finger’ with the wrong one. Three times.

raymondu999
    Participant

@f1alex I didn’t see that. Have a youtube link or something?

f1alex
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.