F1

Kobayashi deserves a shot

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There was a bit about Sauber’s sponsorship on a site somewhere, may have been F1.com even and essentially, they’ve set up a holding for sponsors who want to do the networking associated with such a high profile sport, but don’t want their names publicized. It’s lucrative for Sauber and explains their bland-looking car (which actually, I really like the look of). I think it was Virgin who was looking into doing something similar.

Anyway, the point is, I don’t think Sauber in particular are too worried about their finances.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! I read something of the kind while researching for the last post. But didn’t understand what does it mean “do the networking”. I mean, it has to do with contacts, etc. Those “sponsors” will be able to have the same acess as a normal sponsor, but they don’t want to be publicly associated with the sport, but what contacts are those? And why not? it’s a bit strange, no?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

There was a bit about Sauber’s sponsorship on a site somewhere, may have been F1.com even and essentially, they’ve set up a holding for sponsors who want to do the networking associated with such a high profile sport, but don’t want their names publicized. It’s lucrative for Sauber and explains their bland-looking car (which actually, I really like the look of).

It’s called the “Sauber One Club”. That’s what the “1C” logos are.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I can’t imagine that’s a particularly lucrative source of revenue, though. Sauber need millions of pounds to cover their budgets, and surely no company in its right mind would pay that kind of money without getting exposure in return.

That said, Sauber do have plenty of sponsors this season, at least compared to 2010, so their future should be reasonably secure regardless

PinkMaggit

I’m with Prisoner Monkeys and Portugoose on this one. I doubt this is an audition for a Ferrari seat in 2012, it’s more likely to evaluate the progress of their young drivers program and to give them a bit of experience with the team. Ferrari do tend to stick with experienced drivers and I just don’t see Ferrari signing up someone who is still a rookie. I do feel it’s a bit of a shame Kobayashi’s not involved but he has next year to show whether he’s quicker than Perez or not. Perez won’t be able to use his rookie status as an excuse and we’ll have a much better picture of who’s actually quicker than who. At the moment it’s looking really good for Perez, he’s pretty much matching Kobayashi already. I think that if Kobayashi wants a future with a big team he’s going really have to put his head down in 2012 and beat Perez convincingly

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.