F1

Kovalainen to Replace Razia at Marussia?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

This strikes me as odd seeing as both Glock and Kovalainen were dropped from Marussia and Caterham respectively for not bringing sponsors and Marussia specifically stated they needed someone with money.

Marussia have someone with money – Max Chilton.

Also, Kovalainen didn’t just leave Caterham because of a lack of funding. Things were apparently pretty tense within the team at the nd of last year, and Kovalainen had pretty much given up.

Force Maikel
    Participant

I would love to see Heiki take that seat but that would be a huge blow in the face of Timo Glock given he was fired because he was apparently to expensive.

This could be a huge opportunity for Heiki because the marussia seems to be faster than the Caterham.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@force-maikel

I would love to see Heiki take that seat but that would be a huge blow in the face of Timo Glock given he was fired because he was apparently to expensive.

Speculation suggests that if Kovalainen were to join Marussia, he wouldn’t actually be paid for it. The team would probably allow him to get his own personal sponsors as a source of income.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Sounds like whoever ends up driving in Melbourne won’t be there for long. Just until their money runs out or someone richer comes along. A proper F1 Reject effort then…

Isn’t there a rule limiting the number of drivers a team can use per season? Whatever that is, I’m expecting Marussia to make full use of it.

It’s all good for Max Chilton though – how many extra testing days is he getting out of this?

Girts
    Participant

@bullfrog Not necessarily. If they make an agreement with Ferrari or McLaren, which doesn’t increase their budget directly but means they get engines or other components/services for a reduced price, then they ain’t going to drop the driver in the middle of the season.

Nick
    Participant

Some websites and facebook pages are already reporting Bianchi has signed. http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07295

andae23
    Participant

Autosport reports that the contract hasn’t been signed yet, but that Bianchi will drive for Marussia: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105789

magon4
    Participant

A shame for Razia. But Bianchi deserves to drive.

Kingshark
    Participant

Bianchi finished runner-up in F3.5R, where’s Razia did the same in GP2. They might not be world beaters, but both of them deserve a chance; though it’s a shameful thing ones lifetime opportunity has to come at the expense of another’s.

andae23
    Participant

In my opinion Bianchi deserved it a bit more than Razia: Bianchi should have won the title in WSR 3.5, that featured a way stronger field than last year’s GP2.

Nick
    Participant

I grew somewhat fond of Razia in Gp2 late last season, while I consider Biachi a better driver but I don’t like him that tremendously much. But to be honest, Razia’s career is probably over now, you don’t really come back from being sacked during pre-season testing in F1..

Force Maikel
    Participant

I’m reading different things, apparently Marussia is holding a shoot out in the two coming days between Heiki and Jules.

sozavele
    Participant

Well if this is anything to go by, http://www.marussiaf1team.com/team/ , Razia is out of Marussia as he is no longer listed on the team page, Max Chilton is the only listed driver.

Force Maikel
    Participant
    JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Looks like we were right about Bianchi then :P. All this speculation has finally paid off!

Fully expect Marussia to be getting Ferrari engines next year then.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.