F1

Make your own Lotus E20

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Girts
    Participant

If I was Niki Lauda, I would now take my cap off. Well done, @andae23 !

Omar de la Cruz
    Participant

Just thinking, can photo paper be used for this? So the finish wouldn’t be so matte? I think there are some photo papers out there with the same hardness/weight.

BTW great one @andae23 !!!

Carlitox
    Participant

Guys, I’ve had a problem. I can’t get to print the paper, seems to be stuck before even going into the printer. I’ve tried different configurations in the control panel but it’s no use. Can you give me some tips to print it? My paper is 150g thick I believe. Thank you very much in advance.

michaeldobson13
    Participant

For many more Paper cars, go to http://www.brawngpmodeling.proboards.com/ .
    I’ve made at least 70 quite similar to these; there are almost all the cars from the past few years, plus several from previous years.

Regarding paper, I use 200g. If the printer won’t take it, try putting several sheets in to prop the card up slightly, or prop it up using several sheets of normal paper (making sure the card is on top.)

Carlitox
    Participant

Thanks a lot @michaeldobson13 !! I was able to do it by placing two sheets at a time. I’m starting the floor, and it really is challenging! And judging from what you guys said, it’s gonna get worse!

andae23
    Participant

@michaeldobson13 that site of yours is AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing.

Some of the other finished E20s:

http://www.lotusf1team.com/Creative-Community-E20-Papercraft.html

I like @andae23‘s better.

andae23
    Participant

I can’t help noticing that the other E20s are missing a crucial detail on the rear wing though.

the_sigman
    Participant

@andae23 The F1Fanatic sponsor?

andae23
    Participant

exactly

Cornflakes
    Participant

It seems Lotus have removed the pdf instructions and print out kit. Anyone know of a working link as I’m thinking about giving this a go myself!

andae23
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.