F1

Massa to take 5 place gird pen (Rumour)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Im taking this with a pinch of salt as this is from a Spanish F1 page (LosMiniDrivers) on Facebook, but according to them Massa will take a gearbox penalty dropping him to 11th and rising Alonso 7th and crucially onto the clean side of the grid. Clever tactics from Ferrari if this is true and with Felipe on the clean side as well, both could make up to 2-3 places if the fears are true. Thoughts?

andae23
    Participant

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. But then again, I assumed that even Ferrari wouldn’t do such a dramatic and spoilsport thing. I hope Massa will start 6th.

DaveF1
    Participant

‘from a Spanish F1 page on Facebook’

Sources like that don’t sound very believable.

However if it is true, nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Alonso needs all the help he can get from his team. I can see why people won’t like it but it’s not like Massa’s on the brink of the title is it.

Bullfrog
    Participant

According to a German One Direction fans site, Red Bull have taken Webber’s car out of parc ferme (Christian Horner is quoted as saying “Yeah, no, obviously we needed to check something”) and he will start from the pit lane. This moves Alonso up to 6th and back on the dirty side.

Kingshark
    Participant

@Bullfrog
    I laughed.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Sky sports reporting that Ferrari are ‘evaluating their options’ on Massa’s gearbox

Fer no.65
    Participant

If that’s the case, then I’d love Alonso to be crashed on the way to turn 1.

Fer no.65
    Participant

James_mc
    Participant

Oh this is excellent if it’s true.

I do love it when Ferrari play the pantomime villain!

sparkly

To be honest it doesn’t surprise me with Ferrari (remember the team orders fiasco) and any steps to stop Vettel winning the championship is great in my book… Can you tell I’m not a fan of his?

necrodethmortem
    Participant

If they really go through with this, I truly hope they’ll lose second in the constructor’s because of it. Shameful.

Fer no.65
    Participant

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status/270208457280466944

Meh… no wonder half the world hates Ferrari. I rather see them losing honestly, than doing this sort of thing.

Edit: Duplicate thread closed by moderator

Alonso moves forward as Massa takes penalty

For more information see the forum rules

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.